Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Name that tune!

(11 Posts)
n0ne Wed 13-Jun-18 18:27:46

Now this is super vague but I know the collective power of Mumsnet can work miracles so here goes. I heard a song on the radio in Germany (not in German). It sounded a bit like the Pixies, a man and a woman were singing. It had a really great, slightly unusual tune, lots of guitars etc. A rock song, probably 80s, maybe 90s. I'd never heard it before but it presumably had been a hit in Germany, maybe not in the UK. But the band sounded American. There can't be that many rock bands with a man and woman singing, surely?

Any suggestions? It was such a cool song, I'd love to cover it with my band smile

FourEyesGood Wed 13-Jun-18 18:29:20

There are a fair few bands like that. Any idea about any of the lyrics at all?

n0ne Wed 13-Jun-18 18:42:30

I don't remember! DH was talking at me and the kids were fussing in the back of the car so I didn't note anything down blush It was an upbeat song, if that helps confused

wowfudge Wed 13-Jun-18 18:48:30

Any chance you can remember the radio station and can access the playlist online?

n0ne Wed 13-Jun-18 18:57:11

We were in Germany and it was a month ago. I've no idea what station it was.

Can anyone suggest bands with male and female singers that sound a bit like the Pixies?

PhilODox Wed 13-Jun-18 19:06:07

The Breeders

secretmeetingsundertrees Wed 13-Jun-18 19:11:25

Not a great deal to go on OP grin
Sonic youth?

n0ne Wed 13-Jun-18 19:14:20

I did say it was vague! wink

secretmeetingsundertrees Wed 13-Jun-18 19:19:13

You did indeed... in fact super vague! grin
I do feel your pain though.
Had something come up on shuffle while driving earlier, was familiar but could not place it at all and had to wait until home to click back and find out what it was... smile

titsbumfannythelot Wed 13-Jun-18 19:31:57

Some & Amy?

KatamariDamacy Wed 13-Jun-18 19:53:56

Something by the Vaselines?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: