Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How do bus drivers get breaks?

(6 Posts)
saltandvinegarcrisps1 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:19:38

Any bus drivers out there? I've just got on the bus home and the driver is the same chap who was driving when I got on this morning at 745pm - bus would have started it's journey about 7am ish. It does a big loop into town then back all day. So how does the driver get a lunch/comfort break? I'm genuinely interested in how they coordinate it all.

JazzTheDog Wed 13-Jun-18 17:22:15

They have breaks scheduled into their driving duty. Someone will have relieved that driver at a terminus at some point during the day.

DH is a manager with a Bus company but still does regular overtime driving and he has a variety of lengths of breaks over a shift.

bookmum08 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:22:46

They will have a staff room at the bus station or depot.

saltandvinegarcrisps1 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:53:37

Makes sense. I am thinking he is just driving round in a loop all day as it is the same bus from thus morning - I know cos there is a metro on the floor which was there. So he must get off then back.on or the Bus has a break too! I seem over invested but would hate to think of him not getting regular breaks - must be such a long day driving in heavy traffic and the 1000 lots of roadworks on my route.

QuinquiremeOfNineveh Wed 13-Jun-18 18:10:50

There's usually time for a break factored in at the terminus of the route, before they begin the return journey. I've watched them when I've been waiting to get on the bus. They park up, sit and read the paper a bit, get off the bus, have a bit of a walk round, maybe have a smoke.

snozzlemaid Wed 13-Jun-18 18:15:23

He will have had a break. There is a legal requirement for them to have breaks. I think it is after 5 and a half hours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: