Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Handing in my resignation. Etiquette.

(7 Posts)
ValyrianSteelChastityBelt Wed 13-Jun-18 15:47:32

I work for a small company. 3 women (inc me and MD) in an office.
Managing Director hasn’t deigned to come in for at least 8 working days now. No communication at all as to why or when she’ll be back.
I had planned to tell her to stick it hand in my notice tomorrow but what if she doesn’t come in?
If I put the resignation on her desk, dated the 14th, and she doesn’t see it for days, does it stand from the 14th? Or should I email it to her, which I'm sure she’s reading but unfortunately seemingly ignoring too!
Thanks in advance smile

SuperLoudPoppingAction Wed 13-Jun-18 15:49:37

Email and letter at the same time?
Is the 3rd woman responsible for HR by any chance so it would make sense to copy her in?

ChasedByBees Wed 13-Jun-18 15:50:44

Definitely email or call even.

kaytee87 Wed 13-Jun-18 15:53:57

Email it, I've never handed in a physical resignation letter.
An email shows proof of date etc. Stick a read receipt on it and mark as urgent.
State your last working day and work out if they owe you any holidays etc.

ValyrianSteelChastityBelt Wed 13-Jun-18 15:58:21

3rd woman is more authoritative than me as she’s been there longer but no, she’s not HR. I’m not entirely sure who is or what would happen if there was any grievance.
Thank you, I’ll have the letter and an email copy ready if she doesn’t turn up.

Sauvignonblanket Wed 13-Jun-18 15:59:45

Email today and ask if she's coming in tomorrow because there's something you'd like to talk about face-to-face. She may work out why but even if she doesn't at least you've tried to do it more personally. Then if she doesn't come in send the email.

SandAndSea Wed 13-Jun-18 16:01:05

I would email it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: