Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Work out videos for the unfit

(8 Posts)
fruitcider Wed 13-Jun-18 12:07:39

I injured my knee 6 weeks ago and have been off work. In that time I've gained 12lb from sitting around and eating out of boredom. My bmi is now 35. I've been given clearance to start exercising but I'm so unfit I get out of breath walking up the stairs at the minute. I'm getting a fit bit so I can track my steps etc, but also wanted to incorporate more exercise. I'm really not into the gym or running (slight prolapse and history of SPD) but I did enjoy dancing when I was younger. Can anyone recommend any dance style work out videos for people with very poor stamina?

flamingofridays Wed 13-Jun-18 12:27:00

following!

I don't even have an excuse but I am so unfit!

Karmin Wed 13-Jun-18 12:39:14

Start by walking or swimming to build up your base stamina a daily 15min walk to start with then work up to half an hour.

Then you could look at beginner shred, it is a 20-minute work out start at level one do that for a couple of weeks before moving to level 2 then level 3. You will need a set of dumbbells and enough space to lie on the floor.

fruitcider Wed 13-Jun-18 12:40:48

Hi Karmin, I'm looking for a dance style work out video I've recently gave bodyboss a go and don't find HIIT training any fun so I give up x

TheHatOfDoom Wed 13-Jun-18 12:51:23

Just Dance or similar if you have a games console?

ihavenoplans Wed 13-Jun-18 13:06:28

Lesley Sansone walk at home. You can get them on you tube.

britnay Wed 13-Jun-18 13:08:10

Have you tried The Fitness Marshall on youtube?

fruitcider Wed 13-Jun-18 13:44:16

* Have you tried The Fitness Marshall on youtube?*

No but having just looked that's EXACTLY the kind of thing I'm after thank you! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: