Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fortnite on Nintendo Switch

(5 Posts)
Chocaholic21 Wed 13-Jun-18 11:13:30

Does anyone have a child playing on the Switch? DS has downloaded it but when he tries to play gets a message to say he must be part of a family group with parental supervision. Can’t find a way past it. He’s 14 so don’t understand why this is happening. Anyone have any ideas please? Thanks.

TheWizardofWas Wed 13-Jun-18 11:17:36

we did it this morning. I had to click on an email to allow him to play it. It was very complicated. You need to log into Nintendo switch account with the parental login in order to give permission. Perhaps when you got the Switch you set up a parental permission/family group. I can ask DS more after school - as it was a bit of a mystery for me but we got there in the end.

PicklePumpkinPie Wed 13-Jun-18 14:10:05

I spent four hours last night trying to get it to work. Every time it sent the email to me for parental permission it came up with access denied. I’ve had to set up an account for me and let my son use that to get around it but need to try and get his account to work when I’ve got the time.

Chocaholic21 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:04:59

Thanks both. I called Nintendo in the end. His account was set up as a regular account as opposed to a child’s account. The guy looked into whether he could change my son’s dob at his end to make it look as though he was over 18. He couldn’t so advised that he set up a new account with a false date of birth to get around the age 18 limit that Nintendo have put on it.

It is indeed complicated!

RestingBitchFaced Wed 13-Jun-18 18:40:20

Just done this too, apart from I couldn't remember the password and had to set it all up again! Done now, so ds is happy and it was free so can't complain

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: