Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

anybody know scarborough?

(12 Posts)
guiltynetter Wed 13-Jun-18 09:09:59

headed there today as it’s close to where we’re staying on holiday in our caravan. any recommendations for where to head for? me, DH and nearly 4 year old DD, any child friendly recommendations would be great! thank you

TellerTuesday4EVA Wed 13-Jun-18 09:12:12

DD (4 almost 5) loves a walk along the seafront... there's a funfair & amusements, boat trips out to sea or go crabbing & on the beach.

There's a soft play on the outskirts called mini monsterz.

Or a play farm nearby at Clayton Bay called Playdale farm that's really nice.

Dobbythesockelf Wed 13-Jun-18 09:13:03

Sealife centre. Peasholm park. There are a few farms just outside of Scarborough that are quite good. What sort of thing do you like doing?

roseblossom75 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:16:37

We've been going back to Scarborough for several years now (we stay on Flower Of May in a static caravan).

We also love Filey which is close by and has a lovely beach and outdoor paddling pool.

There is a Sea Life Centre in Scarborough.

Also on Flower Of May Holiday Park there is an amazing vintage fairground museum (it's on site but anyone can go even if you're not staying there). I would highly recommend that. My children loved it.
They have working rides that you can actually go on!! Also vintage cars.

crispsahoy Wed 13-Jun-18 09:23:12

Sealife centre. peasholm Park is lovely to walk round. there a crazy golf near peasholm. a miniature train, if it's running. There's an Ariel adventure also alpamere water park. On the front there's donkey rides on the beach and the amusements, upstairs in Olympia is a small soft ply also bowling. There's a mini bowling in gully's amusements (I think) the old team lift is a nice thing to try.

We love Scarborough can you tell?!

MissVanjie Wed 13-Jun-18 09:24:09

The north bay is nice, there’s peasholm park where you can hire boats and sometimes they have sea battles in the lake which are fun. Or just over the road from peasholm is the mini railway that takes you along the cliff top and back, and another park with a sky trail and hamster balls on a pond.

On the main drag the harbour bar is a must for milkshakes. You can walk up to the castle and go round the walls and look at the views if you’re not fussed about paying to go in.

The beach along the south bay towards the italian gardens is nice, it seems more sheltered there than in the north bay - i’m always freezing on the beach in the north bay.

MissVanjie Wed 13-Jun-18 09:25:07

We love scarborough too! Bit jealous today op, have a great time

MissVanjie Wed 13-Jun-18 09:33:37

Also: a word about parking. That word is: nightmare. I’d look for a spot at one end of the centre iyswim, either near the Italian gardens/cliff lift part to the south, or around peasholm, and get the bus along the seafront to get about.

guiltynetter Wed 13-Jun-18 09:49:53

thanks this is absolutely brilliant smile

crispsahoy Wed 13-Jun-18 10:18:21

Oh there's also the fairy gardens your DD will probably like. I've never been but looks great, they come up on google

Polly2345 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:23:31

I second Harbour Bay on the south bay. North bay is good for rock pools.

Zaphodsotherhead Wed 13-Jun-18 10:42:12

You can usually get into the Brunswick centre for parking. Town centre is pretty dead, shopwise though. You can walk from South Bay with all the amusement arcades, right down around in front of the castle to North Bay (but it's quite a long hike for little legs). Up at the top of North Bay car park there's a new Fun Centre (I think it's a swimming pool) which looks good. Sealife centre and ice creams. North Bay is best if the tide is out, South Bay if you like the amusements etc. Walk through the Old Town end of South Bay and up to the Castle if you like a bit of history and culture!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: