Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do you shower before & after you bath?

(86 Posts)
CarbonPrincess Wed 13-Jun-18 08:51:48

Just seen a post about jelly bath bombs on Facebook and the comments section took a turn towards people who were horrified that others did not shower before a bath and then rinse under the shower again after.

I'm interested to know how common this is because it seems like a waste of water really.

PickAChew Wed 13-Jun-18 08:54:07

I have a quick rinse after so I don't have traces of anything potentially irritating anywhere but that's about it.

CarbonPrincess Wed 13-Jun-18 08:56:52

I can understand why people would rinse products off after but it's the showering before that I'm curious about. I guess if you were absolutely filthy ie covered in dust/paint etc it might be preferable

Gramgram Wed 13-Jun-18 08:57:04

I just shower, I haven't had a bath for years, ever since I slipped and fell in our new bath which was just so slippery.

halcyondays Wed 13-Jun-18 08:57:35

No

LanguidLobster Wed 13-Jun-18 08:57:47

I think baths loosen dead skin cells so you're supposed to shower afterwards

HarryLovesDraco Wed 13-Jun-18 08:58:12

Lol no
Sounds like competitive hyper cleanliness to me.

DramaAlpaca Wed 13-Jun-18 08:58:53

I rarely have a bath because I prefer showers but when I do I rinse off afterwards. Never before.

WeShouldOpenABar Wed 13-Jun-18 08:58:54

I shower after but that's because I've never managed to get a handle on the over the bath shower head I need to shower properly to get rid of the shampoo, I definitely wouldn't otherwise

HarryLovesDraco Wed 13-Jun-18 08:59:41

I think baths loosen dead skin cells so you're supposed to shower afterwards

Says who? What happens if you don't rinse the skin cells off in the shower? Assuming all the hot water and flannels and soap you use in the bath doesn't dislodge the skin cells by itself hmm

BitOutOfPractice Wed 13-Jun-18 08:59:59

I know that in Japan it is considered horrible to not shower before a bath. They think it's vile to sit in your own dirt in a bath

I've never showered before or after a bath though

Firsttimemum892 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:00:19

I always shower after a bath especially if I wash my hair as I find washing hair in the bath never leaves it as clean as the shower

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 13-Jun-18 09:01:46

No. I shower in the morning and bath in the evening though, so I suppose I shower about 12 hours later!

LanguidLobster Wed 13-Jun-18 09:02:37

Harry it's just what I've been told grin

elQuintoConyo Wed 13-Jun-18 09:02:39

Fuck no.

And neither do i shower my 6yo after his bath.

What a colossal waste of water!

*disclaimer: i do shower after my milkbath, otherwise i have DH moaning that i smell like an udder. It gets tiresome.

KirstenRaymonde Wed 13-Jun-18 09:03:52

That’s mad, what a waste of water and completely unnecessary.

Monkeybunkey Wed 13-Jun-18 09:04:59

I rinse myself down when I wash the conditioner out of my hair with the shower attachment. I don't stand up and have a separate shower though (not least because I can't stand in my corner bath due to the slope of the roof so would have to go downstairs to the shower).

anotherpersona Wed 13-Jun-18 09:07:59

Bonkers. The Japanese enjoy public bath houses and there is an etiquette that still probably carries over into the home.

Vanillamanilla1 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:09:01

How dirty are you that you need to shower after or before a bath ...sitting in your own filth indeed ... I might if I'm covered in plaster but everyday grime .. ummmm no

yikesanotherbooboo Wed 13-Jun-18 09:13:48

Some people have lost all perspective! Waste of water, waste of time, bad for skin and self indulgent in the extreme. Laughably silly.

EmmaStone Wed 13-Jun-18 09:17:59

I very very rarely have a bath, and if I do it's to relax rather than wash as such, so no shower. If I was having a bath to actually wash, I'd rinse off after in the shower where available.

GreatDuckCookery Wed 13-Jun-18 09:18:17

No confused it's one or the other.

WhoKnowsWhereTheW1neGoes Wed 13-Jun-18 09:20:55

There doesn't seem much point having the bath if you've already showered.

Tambien Wed 13-Jun-18 09:21:17

No i dont do either.
H does after a bath, but that's because he is too hot and needs to cool down.

happypotamus Wed 13-Jun-18 09:24:29

But surely most people have their shower over their bath rather than in a seperate cubicle? So you would have to have a shower, then stand around wet and cold while you wait an age for the bath to run? Why would you do that?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: