Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Quick - was i right to tell Ds this for school?

(12 Posts)
BeginningToWobble Wed 13-Jun-18 06:56:14

Girl threw his indoor shoes down toilet. She was made to fish them out. Last night he said she didnt wash them, this morning he said she had to rinse them. Both times and to MiL he said they have been put in a plastic bag. Not sure how this will help them dry!

I've told him that he isn't to wear them, given him a plastic bag and told him to bring them home so I can wash them. That he should wear his indoor gym shoes today.

shakeyourcaboose Wed 13-Jun-18 06:57:06

Indoor gym shoes definitely!

venys Wed 13-Jun-18 06:57:48

Yes i would do the same.

shakeyourcaboose Wed 13-Jun-18 06:57:56

And what age are they? That's a horrible thing to do!

BeginningToWobble Wed 13-Jun-18 07:00:04

Also a bit hmm that the teacher didn't send them home yesterday!

shakeyourcaboose Wed 13-Jun-18 07:14:41

Yep! Just a tad grim, is no way they would have dried off for today sitting in school overnight!

NC4Now Wed 13-Jun-18 07:17:12

Grim. Yes, PE pumps today. I’d be speaking to the headteacher to find out what happened to the girl too.

BeginningToWobble Wed 13-Jun-18 07:59:39

I don't think there's any point speaking to the head to be honest, they won't say anything about another pupil. From what I know of the girl, having to fish it out herself was probably deemed punishment enough. We've had issues with this girl before but that was over a year ago and I get the impression that it was silliness rather than maliciousness. DS wasn't overly upset, he seemed to think it was funny. but he has ASD so it could have been intended maliciously and it completely passed him by

IHeartKingThistle Wed 13-Jun-18 08:05:23

Maybe write him a note explaining so he doesn't have to go through the whole thing with every teacher who pulls him up on his shoes?

LIZS Wed 13-Jun-18 08:10:51

Are you sure it happened, ask the teacher before jumping to conclusions. No they won't discuss the other child but they can the effect on yours. Maybe they were going to wash them overnight themselves for him.

Barnsgirl Wed 13-Jun-18 08:27:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

halcyondays Wed 13-Jun-18 09:50:06

definitely yanbu

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: