Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Poor Meghan...

(35 Posts)
HipposareHungry Wed 13-Jun-18 00:40:43

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5833837/Sexy-footage-Meghan-proves-Kate-did-not-deserve-92k-payout-topless-snaps-French-lawyers-say.html

French lawyers are using her provocative images to prove that Kate didn’t deserve such a huge payout for the topless photos taken and published of her.

I thought she looked glum at trooping the colour. Imagine every day waking up to a new scandal sad

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 13-Jun-18 00:42:39

I imagine she knew what she was getting in to... and that all aspects of her past were scrutized. It will pass.

SneakyGremlins Wed 13-Jun-18 00:44:35

"Modern Royals" says the article except she wasn't a bloody royal til very recently.

HipposareHungry Wed 13-Jun-18 00:46:02

Exactly, the argument is pathetic and falls down on so many levels.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Jun-18 00:51:44

So what Meghan did willingly and for money before she met Harry justifies pervy long lens cameras stealing images of - well, anyone tbh. Her being a Duchess doesn't actually name it any different to me.

So because some people pose for raunchy photos in public, paps are entitled to take photos of me on private land against my knowledge and will when I'm naked?

SheGotBetteDavisEyes Wed 13-Jun-18 00:51:58

It's not really that terrible, though is it?

It'll blow over. She can console herself with the fact that pretty much no one really knows/cares about it.

There's enough really awful stuff going on in the world right now to distract the majority, I would think.

GardenGeek Wed 13-Jun-18 00:52:42

Disgusting it is

Imagine if someone took a photo of Meghan like they did Kate spying without her consent and then said look shes done it happily before.

Wonder where they got that idea from?! Rape defence 101

SleepingStandingUp Wed 13-Jun-18 00:52:48

Re poor Meghan though, these photos were out there, she posed for them knowing they'd be our there forever and I imagine she was paid for them. She can't actually expect them to all be burnt just because she married a Prince

SheGotBetteDavisEyes Wed 13-Jun-18 00:53:39

It's not really that terrible, though is it? for her I mean, in terms of her life right now...the legal arguments themselves are utterly bizarre.

HipposareHungry Wed 13-Jun-18 00:56:20

How has this argument even reached a court? I bet it’ll generate some sales for Closer too.

MrStarkIDontFeelSoGood Wed 13-Jun-18 01:10:33

Like they are two different women related by marriage utter nonsense that what she did before she ever knew Kate should have any bearing on Kate at all

differentnameforthis Wed 13-Jun-18 01:28:12

The suggestion is that just because Meghan consented to those photos, that makes it OK to take photos of other royals at their most private times.

Meghan consented. Kate did not. End of.

And to be dredging up what Meghan did before she was even involved with the RF is a bit much. And a perfect way to set Kate against Meghan.

It's bloody stupid.

GardenGeek Wed 13-Jun-18 01:31:33

Imagine if it was Meghan though.

I dont think that would make it anymore right.

GardenGeek Wed 13-Jun-18 01:32:27

Asin Meghan was pictured without her consent say tommorow, is that OK because she did a consenting nude once?

Redglitter Wed 13-Jun-18 01:43:50

I can't believe they're trying to compare the 2 situations. Talk about grasping at straws

pissedonatrain Wed 13-Jun-18 02:14:12

French lawyers should be ashamed of themselves but since they are money grubbing vultures, they aren't.

Completely different scenarios. Posing for a magazine voluntarily free will and being paid is completely different than some sleaze lurking in the bushes taking snaps of naked people unknowingly like a peeping tom. The average person would have been arrested for doing that.

WellThisIsShit Wed 13-Jun-18 09:07:24

Ugh. Specious argument that is typical of the lowest end of the media. Double ugh.

GreatDuckCookery Wed 13-Jun-18 09:12:16

But she knew she'd done those shoots. Kate was on holiday sunbathing topless. Totally different situations.

Reaa Wed 13-Jun-18 09:20:19

Meghan was Acting it was her job.

Topless photos of Kate was an invasion of privacy.

2 totally different scenarios.

HipposareHungry Wed 13-Jun-18 11:07:05

Awful for Kate to have this dragged up again too. Agree it’s like pitting them against each other.

Yoksha Wed 13-Jun-18 11:27:35

Reaa 100% in agreement with your summary.

Tis' trashy journalism at best Imho.

FiestaThenSiesta Wed 13-Jun-18 11:32:53

Yeah, I’m pretty sure her deep dark secrets have not only all been revealed and were summarised in a neat file for the queen’s review but once it was deemed nothing could pose a thread to the royal household reputation and Harry can indeed carry on proposing, a very detailed PR / media plan and carefully planned strategy was devised for every dodgy thing that’s in her closet and may at some point come out.

Poor Meghan, pft

kaytee87 Wed 13-Jun-18 11:46:29

I don't really understand their argument.
Meghan was not titled when she chose to pose for these photos / video.
Kate was titled when someone invaded her privacy and took photographs of her without her knowledge or permission.
I'm actually not even sure that being titled has to do with it actually, they're not the same person.

HipposareHungry Wed 13-Jun-18 11:54:02

I’m really surprised it’s got as far as a court. Even if, by some sort of glitch in reality, they managed to win, can they seriously demand money back from Wills & Kate? It all just seems so pointless and like they should surely have better things to be getting on with.

FingerlingUnderling Wed 13-Jun-18 13:50:49

The whole thing is crazy and I agree that it smacks of a rape style defence. Even if it was a decent defence, the fact that it happened to the Duchess of Cambridge in 2012 when she did not know the now Duchess of Sussex makes it extra ridiculous; its a simple case of consent vs non-consent.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: