Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Please share your stories of psycho neighbours!

(29 Posts)
Notcontent Tue 12-Jun-18 22:41:00

I live in a street of terrace houses. About half an hour ago I went to a bedroom at the front of the house, to be met by REALLY loud news on the radio or TV. Upon investigating I realised that it was not my immediate neighbours but someone across the street. They must have it on at top volume and window open. It’s literally echoing down the whole street... I saw another neighbour lurking outside, obviously trying to work out where the noise is coming from... I wonder if this is a one off!!!!

I love a crazy neighbour thread, so please share your stories!!

Kate123cl Tue 12-Jun-18 22:46:13

Neighbours are crazy! My ex neighbour was sitting on his driveway with a guitar making songs up about all the family's on our street and how he was going to kill us all in the night with the knife in his pocket. He then went on to sing everyone's number plates and shove leaves through our letter boxes! Not sure if it was some sort of mental breakdownshock

Notcontent Tue 12-Jun-18 22:48:22

Kate - yes, that sounds like some sort of a mental breakdown!!!

fabulous01 Tue 12-Jun-18 22:49:58

We had a 70 year old who sold personal services ( we saw an advert and he told us a few things) and people used to knock on our door.....
Delighted when he moved

PavlovianLunge Tue 12-Jun-18 22:50:31

We had a pyromaniac neighbour. Genuinely, he was always setting bonfires in the back garden.

On one occasion, he was trying to get a bonfire to light, without much success; a few minutes later, he got a fuel can and threw petrol onto it. Madness.

Another time, I was chatting to a neighbour, she said that he had knocked to ask for anything he could add to his fledgling bonfire. Neighbour said that she had some old catalogues, but that being thick paper, they wouldn’t burn. He looked her in the eye and said ‘Everything burns.’ shock

ProudThrilledHappy Tue 12-Jun-18 22:51:20

My neighbour removed our entire dividing 5ft high wall (5 metres long) to be replaced with thick shrubs, which I was happy to go along with until I got home to find the shrubs were not yet mature and stood at a majestic 10 inches high. They planted just 5 of these, at intervals across a length of 5 metres.

When I asked if there would not be any more of a barrier, particularly given there was a drop of about a foot from my garden into theirs and I had a toddler at the time, they expressed surprise that I would require any kind of privacy or fence. I said I would put up something on my side and they tried to suggest that I couldn’t put up anything other than a chain link fence hmm

The best part was that they had implied throughout that it was their wall to remove, but when I next spoke with my landlord and mentioned me putting up a fence to replace the neighbour’s wall, she went mental because it was her wall that they had taken down entirely without permission shock

beIindaBlinked Tue 12-Jun-18 22:53:19

Proud thrilled happy omg, what happened?? Did they rebuild the wall??

RavenLG Tue 12-Jun-18 22:56:50

Not my NDN but parents.
2 doors up, lovely lady (A) moved in (rented) had a few cats. Made friends with ndn next to parents (B) both were friends with (C) who’s garden backs onto both A, B and DParents. Something happened and B and C fell out with A and all fucking hell has broken loose. B and C have reported A to council / police for cats “invading” garden, noise, animal cruelty all sorts. A’s Landlord is Bs boss B has been feeding back to him that she’s an awful person, causing trouble blah blah. A is now being evicted (was told she could stay if she got rid of the cats). A was crying to my dad as worried about losing house, cats etc. Dad tells her to tell the landlord they’re my dads cats. C had known Dad for 50+ years, accosts him in the street while walking his dogs, shouting about how he’s not a loyal friend, he’s dead to her, made an enemy blah blah. She’s nuts. Police turned up at Dads door saying reports of him using dogs to threaten C (all bullshit). A has now found a house to buy, had a BBQ moving away party with other ndns and parents. Apparently quite loud but nothing crazy just laughing and chatting etc. B comes storming out into the garden screaming how they were all talking about her, etc. Ended up with B spraying a hose over party and police being called.!
Nothing this exciting happened when I lived there. There’s only 8 bloody houses in the street and it’s turned into Jeremy Kyle alley!!

Reeganboi Tue 12-Jun-18 22:58:23

My crazy neighbour used to look over my fence and read my phone from over my shoulder and then laugh...! Used to wind me right up, she’s moved into a bigger house now and just users the house next to mine for storage!

SluttyButty Tue 12-Jun-18 22:58:31

We had an old neighbour that decided (whilst we were out) to cut down our buddleia and jasmine, both on our boundary to ducking twigs. I could barely speak and froth came out of my mouth when I came home. I called him every name under the son and the twat never spoke to me again...

LanguidLobster Tue 12-Jun-18 22:58:37

Aside from all the other experiences I'm currently living opposite a psycho seagull. It may be nesting, don't know, but it's a belligerent, threatening shit who has swooped on the cat twice and me once (I was busy doing a tribal dance on the spot, screeching and thrashing my handbag around when it tried to get into my face).

I've now got the local police officer's mobile and wear a whistle around my neck to deter it in the event of any further incidences.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 12-Jun-18 22:59:51

Did they replace it, Proud?

ProudThrilledHappy Tue 12-Jun-18 23:00:54

belinda yes my landlord had a chat with them and the wall was rebuilt shortly after. Neighbour avoided all eye contact for the rest of my tenancy.

To be honest it was the last of a few issues I had with them, such as waiting til I popped into the house to chat with ds over the wall and hovering in their front garden whenever we were out there gardening etc. There was def something not right about him so I did contact local police with my concerns but there was nothing further from it

Marmablade Tue 12-Jun-18 23:00:54

In my flat at uni opposite us was a genuine ugly naked guy, a few years after the Friends one! He got a girlfriend and then they both walked round bollock naked tits out.

My eyes!!!

ProustianMadeleine Tue 12-Jun-18 23:02:13

We lived in a terraced house too OP. It was fine at first but then after about 6 months to a year we realised how bad it was.
We had 'the fuckers'. Loud, abusive and a nuisance. The were replaced by 'the cannabis growers' who as you can imagine, grew and smoked pot all day long. The smell...I can't even tell you. Eventually the house became some sort of doss house for literally anyone that ambled in looking for a few feet of floor space to camp on. One guy, 'the wanker' was lifted by the police one day when we saw him, you guessed it, wanking in the garden. Shortly after that the house was closed down by the police and the landlord prosecuted for being a shitty landlord and neighbour to us. It took a long time to get there but the relief was immense. It was empty for over a year then at the end of last year, landlord had new people move in. We sold immediately and moved early this year. We're detached now grin

beIindaBlinked Tue 12-Jun-18 23:02:57

Did you fashion a long poking device?

TheBigFatMermaid Tue 12-Jun-18 23:06:44

My most psycho neighbour really was psycho. We live on a corner and she lived 'around the corner' from me, but our back gardens were joined.

We were reasonably friendly until we fell out over me being given a dog by someone. Anyway, she decided one day she wanted to smash my living room side window, which she could see from her back garden. She threw loads of things at if, including a round BBQ, a wardrobe, in pieces, so drawers, back, sides, doors.............. That was on Mothers day and DD1 had been visiting her Dad, I had to ring him and tell him not to bring her back that night! My toddler DD would only calm down when she saw the police take 'the silly lady' away. She is 12 now and still remembers it. Luckily baby DS was in bed and totally oblivious!

She also threatened in front of both of my DDs to 'throw a brick through your fucking window and make sure it hits your fucking kids'. DD1 refused to sleep in her bed for a couple of nights after that one, and I don't blame her!

I do still have other slightly crazy neighbours, but not on that level! These ones reported DP three times in one year for driving without insurance, as if anyone thinks they can get away with that nowadays! Every time he got stopped, he explained it was a malicious report but they obviously had to check! They have reported us almost annually to the RSPCA for neglect of our now 17 year old dog, reporting an 'untreated' skin condition. All they had to do was verify with the vets she is treated. They report us to the HA we both rent from but they almost laugh now, as they know all allegations are false. Oh, their kids also kicked a ball against our fence, filmed our dog barking at it and showed it to the HA. They got into trouble for winding the dog up, I did not get into trouble for the dog reacting to it, then they posted on FB about me getting away with everything. The thing is, all I do is live my life, mind my own business, but they do not like me not being controlled by them, so, well, we fell out, so they carry this on. Me and my family have got very god at not even seeing them! Which really grates on them! grin

TheBigFatMermaid Tue 12-Jun-18 23:12:29

Oh, I should say, proper psycho neighbour set fire ton her house next door to us three time to my knowledge, then got moved to a three bed somewhere else, just as her kids were removed from her, then she had them on a visit and put them in her car while she set fire to her bedroom there. She only just escaped and had to jump from her bedroom window. She was actually admitted to a psych unit but they declared her to be fine. How many well people do you know who repeatedly set fire to their home?

ItchySeveredFoot Wed 13-Jun-18 00:47:37

Lived in a ground floor flat and the neighbours on the top floor (2 floors up) would play music so loud our doors would rattle. We (us and middle floor) reported them to the council and the guy came and threatened us. Obviously got themselves evicted cos they were still on the 6 month probation.

JohnCenaSucks Wed 13-Jun-18 07:29:42

My next door neighbour phoned the rspca because she was concerned a buzzard would take my free roaming rabbit.

PanPanPanPing Wed 13-Jun-18 08:06:54

Not me, but I was rather amused by this story on the BBC news website this morning www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-44452491. Some poor woman received an anonymous note asking her not to hang her laundry outside - a number of residents and local businesses have come out in her support by festooning the front of their properties with laundry grin

nervousnails Wed 13-Jun-18 08:39:54

Next door neighbour woman drunk as fuck, knocks on our door. I open it and she is barefoot and in thin cotton clothes. It was during the mad snow from the beast of the east. She wanted to use my garden to sunbathe. At 9 pm. I drape a coat on her and take her back to her house to see her husband playing on the xbox that was not connected to the TV and the chidren eating their pizza, straight from the freezer. Had to get the other neighbour in to help sort them out for the night. The next day she has the cheek to tell my neighbour and me that we were in her house without permission and that she is going to the police. I can not repeat what my other neighbour told her grin That was the last time we spoke to the mad woman.

BarryTheKestrel Thu 14-Jun-18 21:50:50

My next door neighbour is a nightmare. About 15 years ago, whilst sunbathing in the garden, heard her come outside, a lot of scraping noises and then a very loud smash. It was definitely her as she was muttering to herself. A few hours later the police knocked on the door to see if we knew anything about the break in next door caused by the patio table going through the conservatory window (not double glazed). Yes, that's right. She lobbed her own plastic patio table through her conservatory then called the police.

In the last 30 years she's also had multiple terminal diagnosis where she is expected to die within weeks. It hasn't happened yet however it would seem she has tempted fate as she is definitely very ill now with carers coming frequently and a disabled space outside.

The other side are convinced they own the road outside their house (no off road parking) and as soon as the husband goes out, the wife blocks of their 'space' with a wheelie bin and a cone. They've been reported repeatedly but no one seems bothered enough to do anything about it.

Mufferdoodle Fri 15-Jun-18 07:03:31

We are currently being investigated by environmental health for an imaginary noise (sounds like a heartbeat) that our next door neighbour has reported us for 🙄

SluttyButty Fri 15-Jun-18 07:10:36

@Mufferdoodle I bet your ndn has pulsatilla tinnitus.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: