Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Have you ever sold on Etsy?

(5 Posts)
NCPuffin Tue 12-Jun-18 21:23:06

I am a keen knitter and also quite environment-conscious. I have been thinking of knitting cotton dish/ cleaning/ face cloths and selling them on Etsy. I have had a look, and there are certainly people doing this already. As far as I am aware though, there is no way of checking how successful they are (unlike with eBay, where you can search completed listings). Has anyone got any experience selling on Etsy? Any tips/ tricks?

MyKingdomforaNameChange Wed 13-Jun-18 08:27:46

I sell on Etsy smile

The main thing is that you have to get your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) right. This means titles and tags that use short phrases that you buyer would search for. Etsy is not a "list it and they will buy" site like Ebay.

I would suggest reading as much as you can from their help guides, and join the Forums there, people are very helpful!

Etsy is a lot more work than you might think, but if you have the time and energy, it's great smile

I'd link to my shop, although I don't think it's allowed?

NCPuffin Wed 13-Jun-18 20:59:07

Hi! Thanks for your reply, that's really helpful! When you say SEO, do you mean on Etsy itself, or for Google? Are there any costs involved in selling and does Etsy take a cut? Which boards should I be looking at on here? Would love to have a look at your shop, could you PM me the link?

MyKingdomforaNameChange Wed 13-Jun-18 21:37:29

SEO is for Etsy itself, the titles of your items and the tags you will need to fill in. It will also help Google find you. There's a lot more info, and much better explained, in the "help" section on Etsy smile

You pay a small amount to list each item which will then be listed for 4 months. Etsy takes a cut when an item sells. Fees are a little less than Ebay. Again, lots more info in the "help" section smile

When you go to the Etsy site, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will find links to the Seller Handbook and the Forums. It's a lot of reading, but needs to be done!

I'll pm you now smile

NCPuffin Wed 13-Jun-18 22:04:21

Fab! Added to list of summer projects!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: