Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What can i buy a group to say thank you?

(23 Posts)
EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 17:29:27

I guess without breaking the bank. We are nurses so they have an abudance of nice biscuits etc. There are five of them that i couldnt have been without the past week. Ive had a hysterectomy the full surgery plus my bladder was clipped so im going home with a catheter. And lots of drugs. I swear one colkeague has seen the works shes showerd me every morning, made me human again. The others have washed my clothes brought me snacks etc.

Im day seven today and cant stop crying!! Im going home to my own company with a catheter and cats!!!

Im getting a lift home tomorrow. Ocado have got six bottles of wine and get 25 percent off i was going to order a delivery? I looked ar bloom snd wild but if you times them by six its too much.

Any ideas? Im not very mobile.

Anything good on amazon prime?

EspressoButler Tue 12-Jun-18 17:36:06

They probably can’t accept wine, or flowers each.
If you don’t want to get yet more biscuits to add to their staff room I thought staff rooms could never have enough nice biscuits how about some nice soap/ hand cream/ nice smelling antibacterial gel? I remember one lovely nurse in hospital by his hand gel smell, it was much nicer than the standard alcohol smell grin
And a lovely thank you card, naming them if you can remember their names.

EspressoButler Tue 12-Jun-18 17:37:00

And hope you recover soon. The cats must be missing you. flowers

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 17:41:37

Oh no they arent the nurses on the ward. They are far too busy to help me. Its my own work colleagues/friends that have been coming in before and after their shifts!

mussie Tue 12-Jun-18 17:42:58

Hand cream is a good shout. We once were gifted some really nice instant coffee and teabags, was much nicer than the bog standard stuff in the coffee room, so that might be an idea! But what will really most be appreciated is a thank you card with names in. You don't get that very often at all!

Cassimin Tue 12-Jun-18 17:43:27

Aftermy mum passed away in a hospice I did a Tesco shop online and had it delivered to them.
I did a mix of cakes/ nibbles/ sweets.
The delivery man rang me after he delivered it and said it was a joy to see their faces.
I would suggest something like this.

FogCutter Tue 12-Jun-18 17:43:49

A nice bottle of wine each would be great. To go with all those biscuits and chocolate the patients buy them!

mussie Tue 12-Jun-18 17:45:08

Oh crosspost! Ok that makes it a little easier then. Wine is a nice idea. Can't think of much else that you could get in bulk for a good price! If you're not wanting to go down the route of cake/chocolates

PinkHeart5914 Tue 12-Jun-18 17:45:41

Yes wine and you can get a little card and write a thank you message inside it. I’m sure they aren’t expecting anything but would still be nice

mussie Tue 12-Jun-18 17:46:22

Or small scented candles! Lovely with a long bath after a shift. Nice bubble bath as well, for that matter

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 17:46:32

Like i said they are personal to me. So when one of them drops me off if like to beable to say grab yourself of wine from under the table. That kind of thing.

Littlelambpeep Tue 12-Jun-18 17:53:02

Wine !!!

EspressoButler Tue 12-Jun-18 17:55:17

In which case wine sounds perfect wine

swimmerlab Tue 12-Jun-18 17:59:00

What lovely friends/colleagues you have. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Hotel chocolat do some chocolates which say "simply thanks" on them. They are £8 or £7 when you buy 3 so not sure if they're in budget or not. I have a free delivery code you can use if you decide to do this.

Wine is always a welcome gift though!

TimeIhadaNameChange Tue 12-Jun-18 18:16:34

Wine sounds good to me too!

Any news of the cats?

Borntobeamum Tue 12-Jun-18 18:23:06

How about a nice thank you card, and an invite to a nice restaurant when you're back on your feet x

EachandEveryone Tue 12-Jun-18 18:23:59

Well the sitter text tomsay when she goes in they still have wet food down from the morning so she hasnt been giving them
Fresh. They are going to be furious with me tomorrow. For bloody £12 a day im not exactly happy either.

TheVanguardSix Tue 12-Jun-18 18:25:48

I did a box of Millie's cookies (50 per box) for a group.
They do cupcakes too.

There's biscuits and then there's Millie's. They are delicious!

mummmy2017 Tue 12-Jun-18 18:29:07

What about fancy cupcakes... posh is always a welcome treat at work

TimeIhadaNameChange Tue 12-Jun-18 19:29:36

Eeeeeek! Well you know not to use her again. I'd complain when you're feeling up to it. It's not good enough, especially in this weather.

I'm sure they'll forgive you. Eventually.

Hope recovery is swift. xxx

EachandEveryone Wed 13-Jun-18 08:15:55

Ive just rang my boss up asking where my morning Costa is! Its really time to go home and fend for myself!!!!

EmpressJewel Wed 13-Jun-18 08:24:10

In addition to the above suggestions, how about writing to the big boss about how helpful your colleagues have been. I think it's really important that the people At the top are aware of all the good things that happen as well as the bad (which is normally the way).i know they helped you in their own time, but it demonstrates what a good supportive team you are.

EachandEveryone Sat 16-Jun-18 10:10:09

Tk maxx have some nice candles for a fiver

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: