Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Kids’ Week - Lion King tickets?

(17 Posts)
Ironfloor269 Tue 12-Jun-18 16:07:12

Has anybody been successful in buying Lion King tickets? They went on sale this morning and within minutes they were sold out. I asked DH to buy them as I was at work but when he went online they were already sold out.

I then tried in vain to buy Aladdin tickets but the system kept giving an error message and not letting me add my card details.

Eventually bought tickets to see Wicked! I’m so gutted to have missed Lion King. I was waiting for Kids’ Week since last year because I know Lion King is expensive and I can only afford it this way.

☹️

LIZS Tue 12-Jun-18 16:11:38

Keep an eye on it as the often make further releases a week or so after booking opens.

YoucancallmeVal Tue 12-Jun-18 17:26:00

I kept getting an error message for the show I was trying to book too, v frustrating. As pp said, do try again, they sometimes release more.
As an aside, I did get lion king tickets 3 years ago. Both dd (then 9) and I were bored rigid and she fell asleep!

PrincessHairyMclary Tue 12-Jun-18 17:34:39

If you can't get seats for Aladdin then try going for the 'slip seats' they are a lot cheaper than normal tickets as supposedly they have a restricted view but that was not our experience at all we had a brilliant view of the entire stage. The seats are different to the stalls as they are movable (normal but comfy chairs) and one behind the other between the boxes and the rest of the auditorium.

Ironfloor269 Tue 12-Jun-18 18:01:10

@youcancallmeval, hahaha, thanks for trying to make me feel better. But I’ve watched the Lion King on stage and it’s an experience never to be missed, in my opinion. Knowing DD, however, I won’t be too surprised if she doesn’t get bored after the opening scene. So yeah, Wicked! might be a better choice.

I’ve already bought tickets for Wicked! and in my experience, more Lion King tickets don’t get released later.

Bingisatwat Tue 12-Jun-18 18:02:42

The website did the same to me today on literally everything I tried to buy!

Ohsuchaperfectday Tue 12-Jun-18 19:10:25

Lion King and matilda ate probably the most coveted tickets on the there.

You need to have finger hovering there the instant the tickets go on sale. I got mine two years ago by literally doing that. Within a minuet all gone.

Sharptic Tue 12-Jun-18 20:20:25

I was also trying desperately for lion king tickets too 😵. I think I'd added tickets 3 times and then couldn't get to the payment screen.

In the end I've paid full price, it was about £200 for 4 tickets, ouch.

I have bought cheap seats and found the website https://seatplan.com/london/lyceum-theatre/ really helpful when choosing seats, photos and reviews of views from each seat, our restricted view seats don't seem too bad!!

handmademitlove Tue 12-Jun-18 20:26:20

London theatres also do a "get into theatre" week in jan/Feb when tickets are on offer. I find it easier to get tickets then!

Juicyfrooty Tue 12-Jun-18 21:59:26

I had the same trouble trying to book Aladdin so we're going to see Wicked too.

squidgesquodge Tue 12-Jun-18 22:02:26

I've been trying to get Lion King tickets for the last three years and still haven't managed it.

Ironfloor269 Wed 13-Jun-18 06:15:41

@handmademitlove, thanks for the tip. I’ll try to book it on ‘get into theatre’ then. Hadn’t heard of it before.

footballmum Wed 13-Jun-18 08:41:15

I tried unsuccessfully too. I’m a bit cynical. I followed the ticket drama unfolding on Facebook (all tickets for all shows sold at 10.01?!) and I only saw one person say they had managed to get tickets for Lion King. I suspect there are a handful of tickets available making it nigh on impossible to get them. I think other shows have a far greater allocation of BOGOF tickets.

I did go on last minute.com and found some tickets for one of the shows offered at a lower price so worth trying there too. They weren’t the top price ones but if you compromise on the seat you can get some pretty good deals!

Ohsuchaperfectday Wed 13-Jun-18 14:20:47

Well I managed lion King!

Handmade... Yes good tip, I got matilda tickets that way, front row half usual price.

And its nice to have something to do in Jan, Feb.

WhoKnowsWhereTheW1neGoes Wed 13-Jun-18 14:27:44

I got Aladdin after a lot of messing about but didn't manage Lion King. We saw Wicked last year and it was brilliant.

Ironfloor269 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:26:16

@ohsuchaperfectday - congratulations! You must be one of the five people who did get Lion King tickets!

I'll keep an eye out for Get Into Theatre.

@whoknows - glad to hear that Wicked was good. Hope you enjoy Aladdin.

Ohsuchaperfectday Wed 13-Jun-18 18:38:23

Not this time op about two years ago but as I said I was all set up with the cursor literally over buy the second it went live. That's how quick you have to be.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: