Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Aaarghhh what a waste of time...(interview related)

(14 Posts)
Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 12-Jun-18 16:01:09

I’ve just performed poorly in an interview for a new job, am so fed up about the time I’ve wasted prepping. Help me remember it’s an advantage to be in a job where I know exactly where the bodies are buried while I wait for the ‘thanks but no thanks’ call

SuperLoudPoppingAction Tue 12-Jun-18 16:03:11

Well... sometimes the interviews you think you've mucked up are the ones where you get an offer.
But failing that, there are definitely advantages to staying in a job you've had ft a while. Pension, sick leave, holidays, knowing the procedures etc

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 12-Jun-18 16:06:44

Thanks Super I think it’s unlikely here tbh, but yes, I also won’t be leaving my colleagues in the lurch though one of them I’d have been gleefully leaving in the lurch tbh and we have an amazon locker at work in my current job as well now smile

SuperLoudPoppingAction Tue 12-Jun-18 16:24:30

OK with the amazon locker update you have really swung it in favour of your existing job.
I would be thrilled by that.

Am currently having to rein in my Prime binges to Sunday nights only, so things arrive on my non working days

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 12-Jun-18 16:28:12

grin

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 12-Jun-18 16:30:44

Am going to seriously get on with planning a ‘staying’ strategy for my current job now rather than an ‘exit’ one and see if there is anything I can do to improve how it works for me.

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 12-Jun-18 17:05:15

Thanks for your support Super it seems you were right, I’ve just been offered it shock (the other candidates must have been worse!) smile

Ragwort Tue 12-Jun-18 17:12:15

Congratulations !! You can never tell yourself how you have done at interview, I interviewed for my dream job 18 months ago, the interviewer rang the same evening and kindly asked me 'how do you think you got on' - I blabbed about not having put myself over at all well etc etc and she interrupted and told me they were offering me the job - must have been the right choice as I have just been awarded top performer in the first year grin.

Hope your new job goes well !!

SuperLoudPoppingAction Tue 12-Jun-18 17:14:59

grin well done!

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 12-Jun-18 17:16:25

smile thank you

UnimaginativeUsername Tue 12-Jun-18 17:16:50

I only ever get offered jobs if I’ve been crap in the interview. I don’t get them if I’ve managed to present myself as in any way competent.

UnimaginativeUsername Tue 12-Jun-18 17:17:13

And, obviously, well done OP. grin

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 12-Jun-18 17:17:31

grin

TaytoAllDay Wed 13-Jun-18 08:45:16

Don't worry! I did a terrible interview a month ago and was devastated afterward.
Did one the other week and they loved me! so something better will come along... good luck smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: