Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you go on the rapids at centre parcs what swim suit do you wear?

(36 Posts)
llmb Tue 12-Jun-18 15:42:12

Going on our annual trip soon and I usually wear a swim costume. Trouble is I always end up with bit of a sore arse! There’s the bike riding, then I find going down all the slides etc the ridges/joins of the slides hurts as I go over them! Iv tried wearing a tankin with shorts but the shorts are short short so don’t cover much more bum then a costume.

Thought of board shorts but I’m a short arse and don’t like my belly as it is and think these look horrific on me (have tried some on).

Any ideas??

SubtitlesOn Tue 12-Jun-18 15:56:08

The only thing I would say is that DH got stuck cos his shorts were a sort of rough material that didn't slide very well down the tube slides at centre Parcs

This was quite a while ago so they might have changed them since

So IMHO and IME the material is quite important so you don't "stick"

llmb Tue 12-Jun-18 16:04:25

Iv been yearly for 12 years and have moanded each time about a sore arse! I slide down no problem! Just going over the bumps/ridges hurts when I’m stuck in the pools with the dc grin I can see how some materials could get ‘stuck’. Maybe I need longer tankini shorts... so swim costume material but longer. Just haven’t found any and don’t want to wear cycling short types./

JellySlice Tue 12-Jun-18 16:39:36

I just wear my regular swimsuit. I dont like wearing a tankini on the rudes, especially the Rapids, as it gets pushed up and I worry I may expose rather more than I feel comfortable about! But I always take at least to cozzies to CP, so I have a choice and never need put on a damp cozzy.

If you're getting a sore bum from the bumps and ridges on the rides, try clenching your buttocks and pushing your hips upwards a bit as you slide. Let your back arch slightly at the same time, otherwise your shoulders end up taking the bumps instead of your bum.

JellySlice Tue 12-Jun-18 16:41:12

Typos hmm

Two cozzies, obviously. And rides, not rudes (though they would be rudes if I wore a two-piece grin).

llmb Tue 12-Jun-18 17:26:50

Yes that’s the only thing about a tankini is keeping hold of the top! I don’t lay down on the slides.... always sit up (I get claustrophobic and hate water over my head!!) which can’t help the arse situation....

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Tue 12-Jun-18 17:40:03

There are some nice swimsuits around at the moment that look like tankinis, that might solve the keeping hold of your top problem.

Next Tanksuit

llmb Tue 12-Jun-18 18:27:56

Thanks rapt that’s exactly what my costume is like! I mentioned tankini for the shorts... for more coverage for my back side!

changemyname1 Tue 12-Jun-18 18:34:03

www.speedo.com/uk/en/essential-splice-muscleback-legsuit/810392B527.html

perhaps this type of thing would be good

llmb Tue 12-Jun-18 18:38:09

change it does, thank you, but I would look like a stuffed sausage in that, hence why I wear a costume similar to the image above as it’s more flattering across the belly!

changemyname1 Tue 12-Jun-18 18:56:34

www.simplyswim.com/collections/womens-leguits-swimwear

changemyname1 Tue 12-Jun-18 18:57:58

well what about cycling shorts underneath your costume

Ardant Tue 12-Jun-18 19:00:32

"try clenching your buttocks and pushing your hips upwards a bit as you slide. Let your back arch slightly at the same time".

Have you ever thought about writing erotic fiction Jelly? wink grin

SubtitlesOn Tue 12-Jun-18 19:07:31

Is it the rapids (that at elevenden years ago were quite wide) or tube slides (that you go down one at a time) that are causing the problem?

hugoagogo Tue 12-Jun-18 19:09:25

How about wearing something like this over your swimsuit to give you another layer to protect your bum?
I have never been to one of these places, I don't know why but I sort of imagined you would have some sort of mat- like on the helterskelter! grin

llmb Tue 12-Jun-18 19:25:34

Tube slides one at a time, rapids just a free for all! Ha no mat to sit on unfortunately. Skirt is cute but not convinced it would stay put... could try though

hugoagogo Tue 12-Jun-18 20:54:47

Yes, shorts would be better.grin ooh maybe they do swim skorts?

theclockticksslowly Tue 12-Jun-18 21:08:10

What about something like this

modli.co/uk/turquoise-short-swim-skort.html

FudgeyCookie Tue 12-Jun-18 21:38:02

I tried the rapids once, exposed myself too blush I was trying to get over the high ledge at the beginning! Haven't been ob them since.

llmb Wed 13-Jun-18 07:47:29

clock they look good! Have to try to hunt a black pair now!

fudgey I know the bit you mean! As a LP I do have to go down with the dc but one has no fear and zips off, so between trying to keep tabs on them both, not drowning myself, not touching a strangers leg, keeping modest it’s a bit of a stressful time grin we love it through hence the returning!

theclockticksslowly Wed 13-Jun-18 09:53:08

They do all colours. Here you go!
modli.co/uk/black-short-swim-skort-217b0301-47072.html

I’m glad I saw this thread - I want to take my DD swimming but am very self conscious (I know I shouldn’t be and all that, but I am!) - I think I’d wear some of these costumes/skirts etc!

MysteriousSheep Wed 13-Jun-18 10:24:19

Go down on your belly?

llmb Wed 13-Jun-18 12:40:43

Thanks clock!

mysterious you aren’t allowed to.

JellySlice Wed 13-Jun-18 13:05:59

But every body does!

Especially at the beginning. At the end you'll easily get away with going over on your belly feet-first.

llmb Wed 13-Jun-18 15:44:43

To be fair I sit up... I don’t lay at all at any point! As i said before having to keep both dc in view and stop myself from drowning as it’s a running joke in my house mum always half drowns in the rapids! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: