Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Property photos being shot tomorrow. Any tips?

(57 Posts)
NapQueen Tue 12-Jun-18 14:23:43

So far we have....
Repainted skirting boards.
Cleaned windows.
Dusted blinds (cunting venetians never getting them again!).
Cleared all the work surfaces, bedside tables, drawer tops.
New nicer bin and laundry hamper.
All towels folded nice.
Cleaned all surfaces, floors, white goods.
Tidied away all toys and books.
Neatened up the yarden.

Tonight dh is bringing home fresh flowers, a top up for the fruit bowl and new plain white bedding (Argos el cheapo).

What else may I have forgotten?!? Am unwell so hopefully nothing that means I have to leave the house.

NapQueen Tue 12-Jun-18 14:24:19

Should add i will be vacuuming and mopping in the morning.

kaytee87 Tue 12-Jun-18 14:25:10

Sounds great. I was going to say fresh flowers but can see you're going that already.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Tue 12-Jun-18 14:25:40

Clear the worktops - it really doesn't matter where it goes (cupboard, car, whatever) but it's clutter

Get the car off the drive - it obscures the view of the house

NapQueen Tue 12-Jun-18 14:30:11

No drive, its on street (permit) parking. Have been out and cleared any weeds from that section of the road and will try and park my own car there so it can be clear in the morning.

PleaseSell2018 Tue 12-Jun-18 14:31:29

Make sure there's no mould in the bathroom tiles, around the bath etc. Everywhere can look great but if I see that my heart sinks just a bit.

We are SSTC and I bought a tube of grout and redid the bathroom and kitchen splashback.

freshstart24 Tue 12-Jun-18 14:31:30

Hide anything completely that might suggest storage issues or that there is no home for it. If things like the vacuum cleaner, ironing board, chopping boards, wine bottles, shoe collection etc etc are hanging about it implies a smaller space with storage woes.

Put them in your car if necessary.

Also in bathroom clear away any visible toiletries.

Realise all this is ridiculous but it does make a difference to first impressions!

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 12-Jun-18 14:33:32

Go round the house and take a few photos yourself.

Then look at them carefully.

If there is anything not right you will see on the photos. Things always look different on camera.

ThePug Tue 12-Jun-18 14:33:44

Make sure you at least wash, if not iron, the new bedding otherwise it'll probably have the creases in from being folded in the packets! Put away everything from the bathroom surfaces, so no bottles of shampoo on side of the bath etc

NapQueen Tue 12-Jun-18 14:45:10

Just had the bathroom redone from top to bottom in Feb so is mould free and immaculate. Got a sink with a cupboard under so all toiletries will go into that good tip.

Wont have time to launder the bedding as we dont have a tumble dryer so wont be dry in time. Will iron it though.

Good idea re own photos. Will do some this afternoon and look thoroughly at them.

StruggsToFunc Tue 12-Jun-18 14:47:43

Yes to removing toiletry bottles from bathroom.

Use a squeegee to scrape down the shower screens after you've showered in the morning.

Check tonight for any lightbulbs which need replacing. IME photographers will switch the lights on even on a sunny day to maximise the light in the images.

Remove anything which you don't want in the public domain - large images of your children, signs etc from their bedrooms which clearly show their names.

EleanorLavish Tue 12-Jun-18 14:48:26

Is it a professional photographer or an estate agent with a camera phone?
A professional will usually advise you and move things etc if needed etc to get the best shot.

StruggsToFunc Tue 12-Jun-18 14:49:28

Iron the bedding on the bed. It's quicker smile

Bluebell9 Tue 12-Jun-18 14:49:53

Do you have anything stored on of kitchen cupboards, if so hide them for the photos. It can make the kitchen look cluttered.
Turn all lights on when the photos are being done so the rooms are as light as possible.

NapQueen Tue 12-Jun-18 14:52:59

Professional photographer, he is doing a video walk through too. I have a wooden crate (painted white) on top of the kitchen cabinets - good shout clearing will bring that down and stash tonight.

SugarMiceInTheRain Tue 12-Jun-18 14:55:54

If you can enhance kerb appeal by adding a hanging basket/ window boxes with flowers in and cleaning up the front door and windows that helps.

NapQueen Tue 12-Jun-18 15:05:15

We have a small shingled area under our front window which has some nice planters in with flowers; and some nice plants in the yarden. Front door has had a wash though its communal so cant repaint it - have repainted the inner door which is ours. All windows cleaned inside and out.

Stephisaur Tue 12-Jun-18 15:08:41

Google "home staging"

It will give you loads of tips on how to make the house attractive to buyers (but be warned that it does seem a little impractical for day to day living!)

Fflamingo Tue 12-Jun-18 15:12:56

Tell the sun to shine v brightly haha.
However if there is sunshine on the front of the house at a certain time of day get them photoing then. Don't let them saunter inside after click clicking the front, if the sun comes out get them out there.
All lights on including table lights, curtains pulled back, assuming they are not in pic.

StruggsToFunc Tue 12-Jun-18 15:17:57

Oh yes - open curtains and blinds but close windows for exterior shots. Open windows look messy, somehow.

Failingat40 Tue 12-Jun-18 15:23:52

Make sure all the toilets seats and lids are down!

So many property listings done with them up - it really makes the nicest of homes look terrible

Lights on in the rooms

Remove all pet bowls etc from floors

rslsys Tue 12-Jun-18 15:31:51

Stunt Pineapple?

NapQueen Tue 12-Jun-18 15:33:41

Maybe I will insist dh brings a pineapple home in the fruit shop.

SubtitlesOn Tue 12-Jun-18 15:35:07

The exhaust pipe from kitchen fan!!!!

A house that was posted on here a few weeks ago had a fab kitchen but photo shouted the filthy exhaust fan tube on top of kitchen cupboard, looked like never been cleaned

Obviously cat litter trays
Dog beds
Coats from hooks in hallway
Shoes by front door

Dump all of this in your car for the day

Check under beds for stuff
On top of wardrobes

Clean behind toilets and wash basins

Clean windows and mirrors especially if sun shines

It sounds like you have thought of nearly everything though

Good luck smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

SubtitlesOn Tue 12-Jun-18 15:36:17

Just dump everything in the car - that is what we did

smilesmilesmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: