Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What hairdryer do you use and why is it good?

(26 Posts)
NotClear Tue 12-Jun-18 13:11:13

I need a new one and could do with the Mumsnet review

Kidssendingmenuts Tue 12-Jun-18 13:12:27

I just got an Asda one for £9. Does what it's meant to do and drys my hair! I don't get why people spend a fortune on them. The straighteners do the rest for me x

Stephisaur Tue 12-Jun-18 13:15:20

I have a GHD one. Makes my hair nice and smooth (rather than a frizzy mess) and dries it quicker than cheaper ones.

NotClear Tue 12-Jun-18 13:19:32

Which ghd - air or aura?

StarveInn Tue 12-Jun-18 13:48:15

I have this one:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002BR71VG?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title&tag=mumsnetforum-21
I have really thick hair and this dries it within 10 minutes. I’ve had it for 3.5 years and had the one before it (same model) for at least 5 years if not longer.

BrokeAndBad Tue 12-Jun-18 14:10:25

Dyson

Present from my DM who said my hair always looks a mess

It still always looks a mess but at least I don't spend so much time drying it

SharkSave Tue 12-Jun-18 14:13:16

I've got a Dyson too. It does mean I spend less time straightening.
It was a present though, not sure I'd fork out for it myself!

HundredMilesAnHour Tue 12-Jun-18 14:24:11

I have one of these and it's amazing! I really notice the difference in how my hair looks after drying using this.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ROYQR48/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8

thinkfast Tue 12-Jun-18 14:34:04

Parlux. They are amazing and last for years

alwayswearsunscreen Tue 12-Jun-18 14:35:05

My hairdresser uses a GHD. I thought maybe it was her hair drying skills but lately I'm thinking it's the GHD. Ive never seen my hair so smooth after a blow dry.

YeahILoveSummer Tue 12-Jun-18 14:49:04

My hairdresser who has long thick wavy hair has been using a Dyson hairdryer on her own hair and it is looking fantastic, really sleek and smooth. She used it on my fine hair and it looked no different from a standard hairdryer. I won't be buying a Dyson grin

wagil Tue 12-Jun-18 14:55:14

I have a Parlux, very happy with it.

DD has a Dyson, she wasn't sure at first but now has lovely long hair for the first time ever, she wouldn't part with it.

NotClear Tue 12-Jun-18 15:05:27

Tell me why you like the parlux? Had you ever experienced ghd or cloud 9 first?

LivingMyBestLife Tue 12-Jun-18 15:11:37

I've got a Lidl one that has been on offer again recently - it's an AC one, quick to dry hair and ionic as well.

The downside is that it's quite heavy and my DD finds it makes her arm ache so I need a lighter one for her!

AtreidesFreeWoman Tue 12-Jun-18 15:17:14

Had a parlux and now a Dyson.

Can't lie - I love it.

Lightweight and powerful.

Is it 3 times better than my parlux given it's 3 times the price? No.

Upshot it depends on your budget and also your type of hair.

I have long thick hair, so drying time is important to me and the Dyson wins hands down. If you have shorter, finer hair I'd say the difference would be marginal.

It's still pricy (but not Dyson territory) but the parlux compact was the best hair dryer I'd had prior to the Dyson and lasted much longer than any other I'd bought previously.

I'd been averaging about 18 months on dryers (not shit brands either) but I probably give them some hammer as my hair took so long to dry. My parlux was going strong after 3 years (and still is now at 5 years apparently according to my DM who I gave it to).

Dyson is 2 years old and still also great - I'll admit I'd cry if it died (and buy another).

amusedbush Tue 12-Jun-18 15:36:48

GHD Air. It's brilliant and the first hairdryer I've ever used that I could blow dry my hair straight with a round brush, and it stays straight until I wash it again. I've been able to stop straightening it entirely.

shuttheblinds Tue 12-Jun-18 16:00:01

I have a GHD Air. Best hairdryer I have ever owned. Makes my hair lovely and straight but with body in it. Don't use straighteners much at all now.

IloveJudgeJudy Tue 12-Jun-18 23:27:11

I've got a Dyson. It was a Christmas present. I love it. If it broke I would buy another.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Tue 12-Jun-18 23:41:29

Panasonic Nanoe Rose Gold. My old faithful Nicky Clarke gave up the ghost finally after years of service so I borrowed DDs Dyson. I’m normally a sucker for anything Dyson (three vacuums and the fans currently smile) but I thought it was awful, which was lucky as I didn’t really want to love it and fork out that much. Not powerful enough to dry quickly and smoothly on the low settings but way too powerful on the high settings despite brushing with a paddle brush whilst drying I ended up with a lot of tangled hair as it was being blown around too much. Thought I’d give the Panasonic a go. Drys quickly and smoothly, I love it.

Freyanna Wed 13-Jun-18 00:27:32

I have a parlux, dries my hair really quickly.

Also, I bought a small attachment which makes it really quiet to use.

Hels20 Wed 13-Jun-18 05:44:51

GHD Air. Love it. I had a Dyson but was disappointed - not as smooth as GHD so went back to GHD. My hair is long and quite curly.

Blankiefan Wed 13-Jun-18 06:21:10

I have a Dyson. Doesn't so anything special BUT it's super fast which I love. Totallynwortg the money today 10 mins every morning.

I've had it a year and a half now direction I've saved about 90 hours - or, let's face it- I've spent 90 hours longer in bed in the morning! Totally Worth the money

NotClear Wed 13-Jun-18 12:45:06

Thank you all for your pointers. I've been swayed by the positive Dyson input. So I bought the Dyson yesterday and it arrived just now.

I will never use another hairdryer again all my days!

Unbelievable power and sooooo smooth! Love that there are two nozzles to choose from and the are held by a really strong magnet. Am loving how light it is compared to the bulky GHD. To me, there is no comparison.

AtreidesFreeWoman Wed 13-Jun-18 13:15:59

Glad you like it OP!

I must admit I love mine and wouldn't go back to a standard dryer.

IloveJudgeJudy Thu 14-Jun-18 21:40:11

Welcome to our merry band. I'm glad you liked it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: