Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Pregnant and need to tell partner

(11 Posts)
BigFluffyBearBum Tue 12-Jun-18 11:28:22

Hello. I've found out I'm about 6 weeks pregnant. I've been with my partner for 18 months. I'm not sure how he'll react to the pregnancy I think he will be happy.
I'm worried as I already have a 13 year old son I had when I was 18. I've always been on my own with him and I realise I'll get pulled apart on here but I don't know who his dad is. My friend who lives abroad has acted as my son's dad and as far as my son and partner are aware he is my son's dad. How do I tell my partner I'm pregnant with an unplanned baby and who he thinks is my son's dad isn't confused

GreatDuckCookery Tue 12-Jun-18 11:42:54

Two separate issues here 1 - how do you feel about the pregnancy? And 2 - why are you worrying now about telling your partner that you don't know who your sons father is? Does it matter?

BigFluffyBearBum Tue 12-Jun-18 11:44:37

I'm happy and willing to go ahead with the pregnancy. I suppose it does matter 're my son's dad as I've lied to my partner about it

SoyDora Tue 12-Jun-18 11:46:36

I don’t think you need to worry about the second bit at this moment... if you haven’t felt the need to tell him you don’t know who the father is up until now then this doesn’t really change anything.
In terms of telling him about this pregnant... just tell him! Then you can discuss it together.

GreatDuckCookery Tue 12-Jun-18 11:48:46

But why tell him now?

Singlenotsingle Tue 12-Jun-18 11:50:33

I don't see how the matter of your ds' dad is suddenly important. It's nobody's beeswax but yours. It's a non issue. Nothing changes. The friend might be the dad. You don't know. Even if he's gay, gays can be dad's. Relax and concentrate on the new baby.

BigFluffyBearBum Tue 12-Jun-18 11:57:07

I want to be 100% honest with him that's all especially if were having a baby. It just seems the right thing to do. There's no way my son's 'dad' is his real dad we've never had sex blush

BigFluffyBearBum Tue 12-Jun-18 16:22:09

I'm going to tell him about the baby tonight. I do eventually want to tell him about my son's dad but maybe now it isn't the right time

GreatDuckCookery Tue 12-Jun-18 16:27:44

Good luck OP, hope it goes well. I agree about telling another time about your sons dad, with your baby news it might be too much.

BollywoodQueenie Tue 12-Jun-18 22:55:11

Did you tell him? x

BigFluffyBearBum Wed 13-Jun-18 19:56:25

I told him last night. I think he was shocked but happy. He's thinking practicalities as we don't live together

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: