Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Recommend me a cordless stick vacuum cleaner

(22 Posts)
FairfaxAikman Tue 12-Jun-18 11:11:29

Looking for something to blitz the kitchen floor with.

I have a corded Vax but it is massive and heavy (so not great for doing the stairs with either) so want something cheap and cheerful to supplement this.

ihatethecold Tue 12-Jun-18 11:15:31

Following, Im very tempted by the latest Gtech one. Its £199 from Lakeland and has good reviews. I cant bring myself to spend £££ on something that picks dust up. Dyson

SoddingUnicorns Tue 12-Jun-18 11:19:10

We have a dyson animal (corded and cordless), I did have a vax cordless but it was shit which is odd because their corded ones are usually decent.

I got both dysons in sales though, last seasons colours or something (who knew that was a thing?) so paid about full price for one for both.

showerfire Tue 12-Jun-18 11:25:44

I bought a Dyson v6 for £149 in Tesco the other week. It's amazing.

Curry's do a £79 back which my gran has and thinks is wonderful but I'm not so sure it would be good in a busy household.

TheFaerieQueene Tue 12-Jun-18 11:28:51

I have the shark duo clean with two batteries. It is very good, but it needs two battieries as it runs through them quickly.

ihatethecold Tue 12-Jun-18 11:31:39

Mine would need to be able to pick up short dog hair

PorkyPortia Tue 12-Jun-18 11:59:49

Dyson V10 , worth every penny

FairfaxAikman Tue 12-Jun-18 12:04:07

I don't want to replace my vax, I want it in addition to - so no way am I paying Dyson prices.
I want one for quick crumb clean ups in the kitchen to avoid hauling the Vax out every time

Eve Tue 12-Jun-18 12:04:58

I have a 3 storey house, would love something that is good on the stairs ( ie doesn't have a wobbly head) .

I have henry for the top/ middle floor - which is carpeted bedrooms.

Ground floor I have a vax aircordless - which is good as batteries come off for charging as I didn't have anywhere to charge a dyson.

SluttyButty Tue 12-Jun-18 12:11:28

Dyson V10, expensive but a total redesign on the older ones. I've got rid of my corded Dyson now because this is so powerful with a long battery life.

safariboot Tue 12-Jun-18 13:19:00

We have a Dyson V6, it's pretty good, though it seems hard to push over carpets. But yeah, it cost a bomb.

JuliaRobbers Tue 12-Jun-18 13:20:49

Gtech is good for crumbs, dry play doh, bits of paper, some hair etc. We do the whole ground floor in 15 minutes and while it can't replace the once a week deep vacuum, it certainly tidies up the floor very well. Kids find it easy to use so the job can be delegated. wink

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 12-Jun-18 13:39:20

I have a GTech air ram, it's brilliant !

Zucker Tue 12-Jun-18 13:43:03

Dyson V10, expensive but worth it. I didn't realise just how piggy the carpets were!

ihatethecold Tue 12-Jun-18 20:18:27

Do you have pets @Sugarpiehoneyeye

HelloCanYouHearMe Tue 12-Jun-18 20:58:55

I have a Dyson V8. So far so good... (and 0% on some websites at the moment i see)

AgedTawnyPort Tue 12-Jun-18 21:03:41

Dyson V10 animal, we only bought it two weeks ago and it is excellent. eve, I bought it because we have recently moved to a three storey house and I was sick of balancing my Dyson ball on the stairs!

It has so much suction and is very easy to use. I have obviously vacuumed more because the carpet in one of the reception rooms is disintegrating near the door (knew I needed a new one but am waiting for my decorator).

I am convinced, I have given my Dyson ball to a friend.

WaitRun Tue 12-Jun-18 21:05:41

Any of the dysons. I've got the cheapest v6 and it's changed my life!

SluttyButty Tue 12-Jun-18 21:09:15

We got our V10animal off the Dyson website with the 0% finance via PayPal credit. £33simething a month for 12 months.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 12-Jun-18 23:12:33

@ihatethecold, yes I do, dogs !
All of my flooring is hard, but I do have rugs.

ihatethecold Wed 13-Jun-18 06:35:10

Thanks sugar.

VickieCherry Wed 13-Jun-18 06:38:51

Dyson Animal. Small three bed, two adults with long hair, two cats. I wouldn't go back to a plug-in vacuum, it's a revelation!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: