Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Azores advice please!

(5 Posts)
sentenceinterrupted Tue 12-Jun-18 10:16:11

DP and DS1 going on a 1 week adventure around the azores; mainly 2 hotels. No additional availability at those hotels for me to join them in the evenings. I have DS2 (6) and DD (3) for the week. We will be on mainland portugal the week before and the week after. Do I bother flying to the azores? Is there much that i can do/see with a 3 & 6 year old? I like hiking but not sure they do so much; there's not much of it where we live. It seems that we could go out on the 'big' boats whale watching, but DD might get bored. Cant do the rib boats etc because dd too small. any advice?

MerryMarigold Tue 12-Jun-18 10:18:33

So you can't spend the day with them and you can't spend the evening/ night either. Why would you bother?

sentenceinterrupted Tue 12-Jun-18 14:48:25

Only to see the Azores ... but if I can't spend the day doing 'fun' things with the little kids I'm thinking king I may as well stay in Lisbon

MerryMarigold Tue 12-Jun-18 19:21:44

Oh ok. I guess it depends on whether you can find a hotel which will entertain them cos a 3 and 6yo for a week on your own doesn't sound like a holiday!

sentenceinterrupted Wed 13-Jun-18 11:12:23

Sadly, i can't find one in the azores... i do love to travel, but thinking that i'd rather stay somewhere mainland and find a relaxing hotel with childcare rather than entertain the kids there. I just wasn't sure if there was going to be something really cool that my 6 year old would love doing (and i could take the little one to as well)...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: