Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can I start a “I want to be slimmer for the summer” thread?

(39 Posts)
DrCorday Tue 12-Jun-18 05:50:45

I joined one of these last year.

No particular diet / fasting / starvation, just a space to write down admit what you’ve eaten and what (if any) exercise, you’ve done.

I find by declaring it to strangers, I won’t scoff that donut Julie at work brought in for her birthday, or slide a piece of bread in the toaster at 9.30pm for a snack.

B- breakfast
L- lunch
D- dinner
S- snacks
E- exercise

DrCorday Tue 12-Jun-18 05:55:25

Yesterday

B- porridge made with water, honey & satsuma

L- half a jacket potato, 3 bean chilli (left overs from dinner), dollop of salad cream (as chilli was too spicy & I forgot yogurt)

D- vegetable 3 egg omelette (mushroom, onion, peppers) with salad and loads of cherry toms

S- Black coffee x3, smoothie (mango and banana)

E- nothing

HelloCanYouHearMe Tue 12-Jun-18 06:07:28

B - scrambled egg, 1 slice wholemeal toast
L - salmon with roast veg
D - chicken rice & veg
S - berries, apple & peanut butter, coffee x3
E - Personal training session

cupcakesandglitter Tue 12-Jun-18 06:12:17

B - shreddies
L - was so busy I forgot 😩
D - grilled chicken and salad with half a pitta bread
E - not a fat lot unless you include shopping!

DaphneFanshaw Tue 12-Jun-18 06:15:45

I am in!!
I have been eating healthily and exercising for a while now. Lost quite a bit, fit in my skinny clothes but still want to lose a bit more. I need to figure out what to do with staying at a healthy weight too. Do I just carry on with what I am doing?

DaphneFanshaw Tue 12-Jun-18 06:18:38

Yesterday.
B nothing.
L mixed bean and a kind of falafel type thing, salad.
S toast and peanut butter.
D chicken and salad.
E 30 day shred level 3.

toolazytothinkofausername Tue 12-Jun-18 06:20:57

Yes please! Thank you DrCorday smile

Hippywannabe Tue 12-Jun-18 07:18:39

Fat free natural yogurt with pomegranate seeds
4 crackerbread with philadelphia, ww bar and strawberries.

I am at Ww tonight for my 3rd weigh in. I lost 11lbs in the first 2 weeks and am loving it so far. I have saved all my weekly points and quite fancy pasta, pesto and cheese for dinner.

Reason for dieting: first grandchild on the way

DrCorday Tue 12-Jun-18 08:24:52

Wow some great meals so far! I’m now feeling motivated. I’ve just had to pick refreshments for a big management meeting and the boss said “pick up some nice crossiants” confused I’m dying. They smell so good envy

I intend on working out tonight, just some light weights. But all great intentions at 8.20am are normally clouded by the reality of parenting / work / family etc. My aim is to be more disciplined (actually more so than losing weight). I feel so much better when I eat better and exercise but I just need a kick start.

What is everyone’s goals?
I’ve actually no idea what I weigh, think about 11st. Would like to be 10.5 in 6 weeks (comfy size 12 for me)

DrCorday Tue 12-Jun-18 08:29:38

@DaphneFanshaw if you’ve lost weight already, and you’re happy, why change what’s worked? Have you a body goal? (Eg certain weight, fitter, toned?) depending on goals will always depend on what you do exercise wise.

My weight itself isn’t the issue, couldn’t care what I weigh because my height skews the figure. But, when I cannot get it to clothes that I’ve had for years, it messes with my head. I currently can’t get in to 2 pairs of jeans that I love! It only needs a couple of inches from my waist, so my focus will be cutting bread out of snacking, and weight lifting for obliques / shoulders / arms, as those exercises normally then do my stomach.

Iwantamarshmallow Tue 12-Jun-18 08:53:12

B- Oats (with water/coconut milk topped with a little honey) and a coconut latte

L- 2 x sandwich Thins with turky

D -Large jacket potato with tuna mayo

S- Raw carrotts and mushroom / a handful of fruit and nuts/ grapes/ 1 strip of bornville chocolate. Fizzy water /1 diet lemonade

E A brisk 30 min walk

(I'm currently BF but have 4.5 stone to lose)

Iamblossom Tue 12-Jun-18 09:04:19

Not helpful but was astonished to see on tv the other day that an average sized jacket potato has the equivalent of 19 sugar cubes!!!

Was shocked.

fussychica Tue 12-Jun-18 09:17:59

B nothing and a coffee
L nothing and a sparkling water
S large handful of cherries
D out with friends so chicken satay, chips and salad and fresh pineapple
Copious amount of cava at following party. Lots of water.
E 2 hours of very hard tennis in 30 degree heat. Bopping until the small hours

Luki Tue 12-Jun-18 10:32:23

I'm in smile Been healthy eating and exercising for about a month now. Half a stone gone, one and a half to go.

Yesterday:
B- cheddar and spinach omlette
L- Prawn salad
D- Leftover roast beef with roasted celeriac and green veg.
E- 1hr walk with the dog. 11,800 steps.

DrCorday Tue 12-Jun-18 19:10:41

@fussychica & @Luki excellent on the excerise front. I’m not feeling motivated tonight at all.

@Iwantamarshmallow well done so far! I suppose with Bf’ing you have to also keep your energy up. Oats are always good I think for milk supply, and energy for you.

@Iamblossom crazy really that what you’re body does with sugar is the same as what it does with potato so it is the equivalent. I love potato though!

Considering the temptationS today (management meeting with sweets, chocolate, cake, fresh croissants, buffet) I’ve kind of resisted. Even come home with the uneaten crossiants in the car and they smelt divine. This thread made me not eat one as I’d have to declare it to you all grin

B - 2 eggs on 1 x brown toast butter
L - cheese and onion salad bap, loads of extra salad.
D - home made vegetable and egg fried rice / Chinese style. Not much oil / loads of veg.
S - clementine, banana, black coffee
E - none so far, intend to do a bit of yoga once dc are in bed.

Almondio Tue 12-Jun-18 19:21:40

I've been eating well and exercising 3 x weekly (circuits/body combat/Meta fit), in a bid to shed about 7lb, but I just can't seem to shift it on the scales, and then I get demotivated and give up.

I'm 5ft 10 and about 176lb so am a healthy BMI and am fit/strong, but am getting a bit obsessed with how I feel I look (thighs, I'm talking to you!) compared to other people. I'm 40+ so am really too bloody old for bodily insecurities!

B: Greek yoghurt with spoonful of muesli, blueberries and strawberries. Cup of tea
L: Large salad with turkey. Mango, apple, water
S: Handful of almonds, pecans and raisins
D: Chicken breast with cream cheese filling. Salad.
E: None today

ifyoulikepinacolada Tue 12-Jun-18 19:34:11

I’m seeing my ex in a couple of weeks and would love to look... not slimmer but just ‘me on a slim day’ so i’m in!

B: two coffees with a splash of milk in each, two potato farls with butter and marmite
L: chicken salad
S: strawberries and pineapple, banana smoothie with almond milk and almond butter
D: not had it yet but it’ll be a frittata with leeks, broccoli and kale and a few chocolate buttons
E: 90 minutes yoga, 1 hour reformer pilates, 1 hour walk and teaching 3 yoga classes!

DaphneFanshaw Tue 12-Jun-18 20:41:15

I haven’t really got a plan Dr. Just wanted my arse to stop wobbling when I jumped around. I have lots more than I thought I could. Am def in my skinny clothes now. Still want to lose a bit off my arse, my next goal is to keep it off and carry on being healthy. Might just carry on but be slightly less strict with what I eat.

DrCorday Wed 13-Jun-18 19:51:06

How’s it going everyone?

Complete failure today, started off too rushed!

B - croissant blush in the car running late
L - skipped due to meetings back to back from 8.30 to 2.30pm...eventually heated up brown rice and home made chickpea curry to eat 3 mouthfuls and bin it, eating a kit Kat instead blush
D - a freezer dinner, so vegetable burger, handful of frozen chips, home made 3 bean salad (filled half of my plate) and corn on the cob. Still had mayo but not as much as usual and couldn’t resist the cibatta cob that DH warmed up in the over
S - banana, clementine
E - none. I’m knackered and have no excuse other than I’m having a shit day.

GrannyMac2018 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:20:37

Can I join in please. I have just over 2 stone to lose and ideally would like a chunk gone for a holiday end of August.
Today was a very bad day but I need to be accountable !
B- Greek yoghurt with strawberries, apple and mixed seeds
L- wetherspoons grilled chicken burger and chips with avocado 🙈
S- on training so at least 5 varieties of border biscuit
S- 1x yoghurt rice cake. Carrots and houmous.
Way over calories today ..... got better meals planned for tomorrow 👍🏽

DrCorday Wed 13-Jun-18 20:25:07

@GrannyMac2018 a good start too! We will both be back on it tomorrow!

Iamblossom Wed 13-Jun-18 20:27:24

B - 60g branflakes with skimmed milk

L - wholemeal sandwich with low fat salad cream, lettuce and ham, 0% Greek yoghurt

S - 2 hard boiled eggs, Emmental cheese crisp bread, 2 water crackers, 2 small glasses of red wine

D - 2 small skinless chicken thighs, 1 new potato, big pile of cauliflower and broccoli

No exercise today unfortunately, was in Office and car.

ifyoulikepinacolada Thu 14-Jun-18 18:34:26

I’m not even thinking about everything i ate yesterday. Oops.

Today:
B: three coffees with a splash of milk (1 at 5am, 1 at 8, 1 at 9), two pieces of toast with cinnamon and date spread
L: coronation chicken sandwich from m&s, carrot sticks, watermelon
S: banana and almond butter smoothie with almond milk
D: not had it yet but stir fry with broccoli, leeks and avocado, brown rice and an egg or two
E: two hours’ walking, 75 mins yoga, 60 mins reformer pilates, teaching 4 yoga classes.

I drink about three litres of water a day and i’m going to have a gin and tonic in a bit too.

If i were being picky i’d try and eat less bread but whatever...

Titsywoo Thu 14-Jun-18 18:37:54

B - Nothing
L - Chicken wings and a nectarine
D - Fakeaway kebab and runner beans

Not the most nutritious of days! I don't have a big appetite since I started low carb a month ago so often I just can't be bothered (very odd for me). The warmer weather doesn't help either!

ItIsUnnervinglyQuietInHere Thu 14-Jun-18 18:49:59

I'm in. But not including today. I'm giving myself a flexible day today so that I can meet up with a friend for dinner.

But I'm no longer drinking during the week and will be choosing a less heavy/smaller option from the menu.

I've already lost half a stone by making very minimal changes. Have between 1.5 and 2 to go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: