Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Taking group of 6YO to cinema- what if 1 needs toilet?

(53 Posts)
HuntIdeas Mon 11-Jun-18 16:13:08

Hi

I’m probably over-thinking things but I’m taking some 6 year olds to the cinema at the weekend. I will make them all go to the toilet before the showing but what if one needs to go again? Do I take them all out (and risk a big commotion) or do I leave the rest in the cinema while I take one to the toilet? All well behaved kids

4forkssake Mon 11-Jun-18 16:15:43

Any chance of taking an extra adult with you? If not you'll have to just take the one out & leave the others

SleepingStandingUp Mon 11-Jun-18 16:16:28

How many?

BuffyandHen Mon 11-Jun-18 16:17:02

Make all of them go before you go in?

HuntIdeas Mon 11-Jun-18 16:17:23

4 kids and no extra adults available

BuffyandHen Mon 11-Jun-18 16:17:53

I would see if another person would go with you for crowd control - but I am a wimp with groups...

BuffyandHen Mon 11-Jun-18 16:18:47

In which case definitely go before you go into the film - every goes to the loo together

JennyOnAPlate Mon 11-Jun-18 16:19:21

At 6 I think you need to take them all with you.

Marmaladdin Mon 11-Jun-18 16:20:29

All go beforehand but surely 6yos should be fine watching a film together for 5 mins if you need to duck out.

happinessiseggshaped Mon 11-Jun-18 16:25:11

Leave the others, take the child out to the toilet, but do make them all go before hand and try and sit so there aren't any other people directly next to any of the kids. I think you are overthinking it unless the cinema is a long way from any toilets.

megletthesecond Mon 11-Jun-18 16:28:16

You need another adult tbh. I wouldn't do it alone.
I wouldn't leave them there while I nipped out.

SleepingStandingUp Mon 11-Jun-18 16:28:50

Make sure you minimise drinks etc too for a while beforehand as well as in the cinema

MinervaMermaid Mon 11-Jun-18 16:29:44

I think ok to leave the others if needed. But don't buy them drinks (have a small bottle of water in your bag if one dying of thirst!)

imip Mon 11-Jun-18 16:31:05

Take them all with you. I have 4 dc and that’s what I would do...

In fact, I’d factor it into timings. ARrive, go to loo. Check just before you get in the cinema again. Small sips of drinks during the movie!

BikeRunSki Mon 11-Jun-18 16:32:31

In the same situation, I pointed the child who needed a wee in the direction of the toilets and loitered between the studio and the toilets, badly keeping an eye on both.

theliverpoolone Mon 11-Jun-18 17:12:03

If the others were engrossed in the film, I'd leave them. If one or two were a bit fidgety/potentially disruptive I'd take them out too and leave the others. But if that only left one, then they'd all have to come out as I wouldn't just leave one behind!

lifetothefull Mon 11-Jun-18 17:15:20

I would just take the one out to the toilet. I'd ask the others if anyone else needs to go, but I wouldn't disrupt the viewing of the others if they don't and are all well behaved kids.

onlyconnect Mon 11-Jun-18 17:17:48

Explain to them before hand that if anyone needs the loo you'll take them and they others must just stay in their seats. It'd only be for a couple of minutes.

soundsystem Mon 11-Jun-18 17:21:22

In this situation, I’ve done the same as BikeSkiRun.

SadieHH Mon 11-Jun-18 17:23:44

Depends entirely on the 6yos. My 6yo is a fidget and also would freak at being left, others would be too engrossed to care.

SnapCards Mon 11-Jun-18 17:33:20

Completely depends on the 6yo, but with other people's DC I'd always go for over cautious and take them all with me.

What a faff though! Definitely don't give them drinks and hopefully none will want to go.

ERipley Mon 11-Jun-18 17:35:37

I’d definitely leave the others in the cinema whilst I popped out.

What’s everyone’s problem with this? What do you think will happen?

imip Mon 11-Jun-18 18:03:18

er I’d be worried if I didn’t know the kids well, I couldn’t ‘trust’ them. Eg, what if there was a scary bit to the film.

If push comes to shove, I’d leave them in the cinema and just take the one who needs the loo, but I’d do my best to try not too...

If it’s a special kids screening, they often don’t let adults in unaccompanied.

ParisNext Mon 11-Jun-18 18:48:19

They have to have a staff member in the screening- the old style usherette. They usually perch on a side chair. Just speak to them when you go in and ask that they keep an eye on the other 3 if you pop out. You are better to do that and not disturb the others. If I'm on a train with my 2 I always ask another Mum/adult to keep an eye on my son who is 8 for example. You could also do this by speaking to the parent behind or in front. People are very kind in these circumstances.

iloveredwine Mon 11-Jun-18 18:52:04

try and sit at the end of the aisle and yes I would leave them and take 1 out. agree with the others limit drinks and toilet before the film!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: