Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

RyanAir Flight Cancelled

(11 Posts)
Lexie1970 Mon 11-Jun-18 10:20:50

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone had been successful in claiming hotel and parking costs after a flight cancellation. We were caught up in the chaos after a lightening strike at stansted over the BH weekend and in my naivety stupidly pressed the immediate ticket refund not realising at the time that once I have activated the refund process Ryanair have discharged any further liability to refund any additonal costs.

Upon our return home i called our insurance company who immediately said they wouldn't process our claim as it was a weather related incident. However on that day only 23 Ryanair flights were cancelled, 3 Easyjet and 1 Jet2 were affected and as we walked back to our car 2 Ryanair flights departed over our heads!

I suppose what I am asking is whether our insurance company can really refuse to not accept our claim when it seems that only selected flights were cancelled and certain plains took off around our departure time - if it is relevant i took out the platinum cover rather than the basic level to hopefully cover any eventuality.

If anybody has been in this situation and succesfully claimed on their insurance i would be truly grateful for any guidence - we are nearly £1000 out of pocked at the moment through no fault of our own!!

Thanks

Lexie1970 Mon 11-Jun-18 20:52:40

Anyone...

CurlyWurlyTwirly Wed 13-Jun-18 18:23:23

There is an EU regulation where you should be recompensed for out of pocket expenses. I am trying to look.it up. I fly Ryanair a lot and have about 3 outstanding claims to.follow up.
This is a site for customer rights. I will post more when I get some more information
www.flightright.com/

CurlyWurlyTwirly Wed 13-Jun-18 18:27:01

www.flightright.com/your-rights/strikes
I just realised these are lawyers as the information on claiming is very well.hidden on the Ryanair website

ForalltheSaints Wed 13-Jun-18 19:10:38

I expect a few tweets about the insurance company might get some response.

Ryanair will of course I expect do everything to wriggle out of any payments, but that should come as no surprise. Hopefully you will not fly with them again.

Lexie1970 Fri 15-Jun-18 10:28:36

They have denied the accommodation and parking claim and I am waiting to see if Ryanair will offer the 250 Euros for the denied boardig claim. I physically posted that rather than emailed it... now wondering if that was a sensible thing to do!

Lionso Fri 15-Jun-18 11:21:03

I had a lot of hassle with Ryanair recently when flying to the Balearics, nothing to do with the Stanstead issues far as I could tell. Claiming compensation is proving to be really tricky. What annoyed me more than all the delays, was the zero customer service from them. No explanations, no offer or a voucher for food/drink etc. It was appalling, worst I have ever experienced from an airline.

I have definitely learnt my lesson, will never fly with them again. I have flown other budget airlines plenty of times but never had such a poor experience.

goingtotown Fri 15-Jun-18 11:29:06

You’ve got more chance of winning the lottery than Ryanair refunding money.

dingdongdigeridoo Fri 15-Jun-18 11:36:38

Resolver is a good way to claim for flight delays. It means you don’t have to pay out to a flight delay company. There are lots of standard letters on there.

QueenofLouisiana Fri 15-Jun-18 11:48:43

I’m still waiting for them to help fly me home from Portugal- after the Icelandic volcanic eruption. Yep, according to their records I must still be haunting Faro airport. I dispair.

Lexie1970 Fri 15-Jun-18 19:06:05

We have never had issues with Ryanair before and flown with them lots of times. It just means in future we will always book a package trip so only have to deal with one lot of customer services!!
Now just trying to get love holidays to provide me with written confirmation that we didn’t use our pre-booked and paid in full accommodation and didn’t receive a refund - it is painful trying to make somebody understand what you are asking for is not rocket science grrr

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: