Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is so good about this zoflora stuff?

(73 Posts)
LanguidLobster Sun 10-Jun-18 16:28:27

I keep hearing it mentioned on MN and had never heard of it before.

I was at the store just now browsing cleaning products (the cat has a lot to answer for) and my beady eyes swiveled sideways to look at it, it was cheap so I bought it. Haven't used it yet.

Why is it good?

Lemonyknickers Sun 10-Jun-18 16:30:16

No idea.....waiting for enlightenment too

vampirethriller Sun 10-Jun-18 16:34:12

It's just disinfectant that smells nice. I use it in the bathroom. I've got friends who think it's the antibacterial equivalent of the messiah but I don't get it myself, I just like a bathroom that smells of rose!

mermaidbutmytailfelloff Sun 10-Jun-18 16:34:15

Nothing, it smells of cat wee.

Actually it doesn't, but I doused my car seat in it after my cat weed on the way to the cattery just before I went on a long holiday in the car. I associate zoflora floral with cat wee even now.

LanguidLobster Sun 10-Jun-18 16:36:31

Aaah ok so it's just dettol that doesn't smell like dettol?

I'll have a bash with it and report back smile

FadedRed Sun 10-Jun-18 16:36:37

Nasty smelly chemical stuff. Totally unnecessary for anything on this planet. Or any other planet. Don't waste your money, Op.

Battleax Sun 10-Jun-18 16:36:38

It smells very, very strong and comes in tiny bottles. Some people like the smell of fake flowers

Whirliegigspiders Sun 10-Jun-18 16:36:52

Mermaid I know what you mean. I had no airfreshner so used perfume once after someone vomited...It ruined that perfume for years.

I've not used zoflora. People go mad for the stuff though

WhoKnowsWhereTheW1neGoes Sun 10-Jun-18 16:38:20

It's a highly concentrated disinfectant, it's useful but unfortunately they don't do an unfragranced version, they are really strong and artificial scents, quite unpleasant.

donajimena Sun 10-Jun-18 16:39:31

I like them.

SkinnyForSummer Sun 10-Jun-18 16:41:14

Someone on here the other day said that their relative works in the disinfectant area and that it's not v good. So, I bought the Detol lavendar and orange this week. (She probably worked for Detol!!).

gamerchick Sun 10-Jun-18 16:41:34

You only need a capful in the bucket. Don't slosh, it smells strong for a reason.

Battleax Sun 10-Jun-18 16:41:41

TBF, I always take a couple on self catering holidays because they are space efficient and they smell
Like my gran’s house, which adds nostalgia value. But I couldn’t hack it all year around.

wowfudge Sun 10-Jun-18 16:42:39

I've just mopped the floor with a drop added to the mopping water. Makes a dull.job a bit less dull.

AdultHumanFemale Sun 10-Jun-18 16:50:27

My kids would love me to buy stuff like this grin I can't though because artificial fragrance in any cleaning or laundry products gives me massive headaches nine times out of ten. The DDs bury their faces in second hand garments from eBay reeking of Comfort, and sigh in rapture. Then I wash them to get the scent out.

formerbabe Sun 10-Jun-18 16:53:57

I tried it but really found the smell over powering. I prefer bleach...I love it when my house smells of bleach.

Therewere5inthebed Sun 10-Jun-18 17:04:54

It’s great for using in the fabric conditioner drawer when washing dog bedding and also DH’s smelly sports kit.

The linen fresh one smells lovey for that, DH wasn’t so keen when I picked up the bluebell one by mistake, it made him smell like my dearly departed Nan blush

QuackPorridgeBacon Sun 10-Jun-18 17:14:55

I bought it because I seen it on here. I like the smell, the fresh linen is nice and the spring one. I use it in the bathroom and floors but nowhere else really. It cleans well enough. Great for our downstairs bathroom floors as that’s where the litter tray is so it smells a lot nicer than other stuff.

Redyoyo Sun 10-Jun-18 17:23:44

I use it for my floors clean linen or twilight garden none of which smell like flowers.

Toooldtobearsed Sun 10-Jun-18 17:27:08

I like it. Full stop.

Put some cotton wool with a dab of zoflora linen on it into the vac and there is a very, very mild smell of clean.

It makes me happy anyways.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Sun 10-Jun-18 17:33:52

I adore it. Hyacinth and Spring Flowers are my faves. We put it in the water when cleaning floors and also a bit in bathroom sink and toilet. I occasionally put a small amount in the wash too, if something really needs freshening up.

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 10-Jun-18 17:34:47

I use it to rescue stinky sweaty sandals.

MizCracker Sun 10-Jun-18 17:40:19

There are some horrible fragrances but plenty of lovely ones. When my house smells of Springtime I feel really accomplished as an adult grin And to me they don't smell nearly as synthetic as most kitchen/bathroom cleaning products.

user1494670108 Sun 10-Jun-18 17:47:01

Do you use it as a cleaner on its own or add it to soapy water?
I like the spring garden one but it doesn't feel like my floors would be clean if it was just that and water

firehousedog Sun 10-Jun-18 18:12:23

The best thing about it for me is that you can use it for a quick wipe over the kitchen surfaces without the need to wipe off all the foamy residue that you get with other cleaners.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: