Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can I do a little brag on my DS2's birthday please?

(207 Posts)
StillMedusa Fri 08-Jun-18 21:10:53

DS2 is 21 today.
Born floppy, didn't walk til 3 or talk til 5, diagnosed autistic, learning disabilities, special schooled etc etc.

Grew into the most gentle young man, obsessed with dogs, and film statistics and Asda grin Still needs lots of support in every day life..he won't be independent.

But Asda gave him a chance to have a real job...can't praise them highly enough, and Asda is his WORLD, it's where and how he interacts with people.

They just had a recent inspection in our region... and my autistic LD, lovely son came second as 'best customer service' check out person in our whole region smile

I am very proud of him. He's never going to university , unlikely to leave home, or marry, but he carries out his job with a smile, remembers everything every customer ever says to him, and is genuinely loved by his co workers who are so kind and gentle with him.

21 today, has achieved more than we ever hoped for and is off to play special needs tag rugby in a big Learning Disability tournament this weekend smile (and tells me he is going to drink beer with Dad!)

He is my star.

MilkAndCookies1 Fri 08-Jun-18 21:13:00

Lovely post. And you sound like a superb mother. smile

sar302 Fri 08-Jun-18 21:13:15

Congratulations to your son - it sounds like he has achieved a lot to be proud of x

Jellylover Fri 08-Jun-18 21:14:30

Ah well done to both of you

Schmoochypoos Fri 08-Jun-18 21:14:33

Wow just wow that’s such a beautiful post. Well done to your DS and you OP how lovely. flowers

madmother1 Fri 08-Jun-18 21:15:09

That is lovely. You must be very proud of your son. You have every right to brag 😊

CoffeebyIV Fri 08-Jun-18 21:15:50

Aww that bought a tear to my eye Well done to your son! Best of luck for the tournament.

Cauliflowershower Fri 08-Jun-18 21:16:28

That’s wonderful. Well done to him, and you, and Asda and everyone who has supported him to get to this point.

Best post I’ve read on here for years.

rainbowfudgee Fri 08-Jun-18 21:16:37

What a lovely post OP. You deserve a huge well done for bringing up such a lovely young man.

PuddleglumtheMarshWiggle Fri 08-Jun-18 21:17:29

This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. You and his dad must have worked hard and supported him so well all these years. You have a right to feel so proud!
Congratulations, and hope you all enjoy the birthday celebrations.

Bostonbullsmumma Fri 08-Jun-18 21:18:02

Really made me smile! Have an amazing birthday!

TheSassyAssassin Fri 08-Jun-18 21:18:02

@StillMedusa oh yes my lovely, you can very definitely brag! DS2 sounds like a young man anyone would be proud of, so it's a great big Happy Birthday from me and hope he enjoys his beer. And flowers and wine for you for your gorgeous brag smile

pigpoglet Fri 08-Jun-18 21:18:08

Oh wow , I hope my ds ( age 7 ) turns out so well .. born floppy , walked at 3, still can't talk much at 7 but doing ok. He is such a lovely friendly boy . I so hope for something fantastic for him!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

FaithEverPresent Fri 08-Jun-18 21:18:10

😍 that’s wonderful! Brag away. He sounds awesome and you’re clearly fab parents. It’s great that Asda provides such a fab working environment for him.

tootstastic Fri 08-Jun-18 21:18:18

And it sounds like you are his star too! Congratulations!

MiniDoofa Fri 08-Jun-18 21:18:33

What a lovely young man you have raised. Congratulations to you and a very happy birthday to your DS. smile

TickleMyPickle Fri 08-Jun-18 21:19:21

That’s hit a nerve, In a really really good way, sat crying happy tears for you

1BubblebathAddict Fri 08-Jun-18 21:19:52

Awww it's so refreshing to see something so nice! This has really made me smile.
I hope his future is as bright as it possibly can be. P.s. BRAG AWAY!! X

PrincessConsuelaBannanaHammock Fri 08-Jun-18 21:20:35

This is lovely & you have every right to brag. Hope you all enjoy celebrating his birthday smile

feartyfeet Fri 08-Jun-18 21:21:14

Happy birthday to your fine DS and happy birth-day to you too! cakeflowers

GlitteryPineapples Fri 08-Jun-18 21:21:17

What a lovely post, I genuinely feel quite emotional now, you've raised an amazing young man! Brag away!

ilovepixie Fri 08-Jun-18 21:22:12

Aw that's lovely. Hope he has a lovely birthday x

user1471426142 Fri 08-Jun-18 21:23:05

That’s lovely. That branch of Asda has clearly done something pretty good with your son in supporting him go flourish.

JohnCenaSucks Fri 08-Jun-18 21:23:19

Sobbing reading this, how beautiful

Calmingvibrations Fri 08-Jun-18 21:23:39

Such a wonderful post - well done him. And you - great parent to support him to achieve all that. Best thing I’ve read all day cake

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: