Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I fucking HATE summer

(991 Posts)
FurryDice Tue 05-Jun-18 04:09:26

My flat is a new build and gets to 30 degrees when it’s just 21 outside. Thus doesn’t abate til the sun goes down. All my neighbours turn into cunts who think that any and all silent times need to be filled with their shit choice of music. The parents of the neighbouring kids think it’s their god given right fir their little smashers to scream and shriek til the sun goes down.

I don’t know how to food. No doubt I’ll be told it’s all my fault and I’m a cat’s arsed mouth cunt.

FurryDice Tue 05-Jun-18 04:10:33

Food = cope. Ffs iPad stop making me look like a cunt.

SnuggyBuggy Tue 05-Jun-18 04:14:52

I don't do well in the heat either. Currently experiencing post partum hot flushes and am seriously fed up with ending up drenched in sweat at the slightest exertion

FurryDice Tue 05-Jun-18 04:17:02

I think I may be having peri menopausal hot flushes but I sympathise. It’s seriously unpleasant to be hot all the time.

Wtfisthis11 Tue 05-Jun-18 04:50:46

Our house is a total sweat box in summer, I hate wasps, I am dreading the 6 week holiday because the constant screaming and scooters going up and down the (bumpy, which makes the noise worse) path outside my living room window will increase from 3.30-9pm to all fucking day and I'm also having peri menopausal hot flushes so yes, I hate summer too OP smile

rainbowfudgee Tue 05-Jun-18 05:22:25

I'm hating hayfever at the moment. Summer is overrated.

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 05-Jun-18 06:08:16

I hate being too warm.
I hate having to cover myself in suncream or I burn and come out in a rash.
And I also hate the high humidity.

LynetteScavo Tue 05-Jun-18 17:30:48

Do you really hate summer, or do you hate where you live?

I've waited all year for some warmth so I'm struggling to understating your pain.

changemyname1 Tue 05-Jun-18 17:45:21

Summer/warmth is ok if you don't have to work in it, have neighbours, do the washing shopping cooking cleaning school run/child care.
If you can spend the day just lounging around being brought drinks delicious food and not have to deal with hot and irritable DC then bring it on.

Namechangemum100 Tue 05-Jun-18 17:48:57

I live in a new build and can totally relate...I have a 16 month old and a 7 week old who's rooms have been 29 degrees in the last few weeks. My neighbors also think that because it's light I want to listen to their dogs bark until 10pm which means the children can't have Windows open and have to use fans...we are actually in the process of moving as I simply cannot stand the heat of these houses. Never again will I live in a new build!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 05-Jun-18 17:54:10

Menopausal flushes
Flies as soon as you open the flipping door
Ditto wasps
Men walking about topless who really shouldn't I don't want to see your flabby sweaty belly and armpits thanks

Apart from that , bring it on smile

colditz Tue 05-Jun-18 17:54:31

It really is a mistake to send very small children to bed before sunset. Send them at ten and let them nap hard in the day. Let them stay up in the warm evenings, it's the most humid and unpleasant part of June and July.

Sure if they're school aged, they need to go to bed and try to sleep but by school age you can explain that to them. With babies you're settng you both up for misery

Namechangemum100 Tue 05-Jun-18 17:59:50

@colditz....eugh no thanks that sounds like my idea of hell...with 2 under 2 I need a break in the evening to recharge for the next day...putting the babies to bed at 10 would not work for us.

colditz Tue 05-Jun-18 18:02:01

But it might work for your babies.

StrangeLookingParasite Tue 05-Jun-18 18:02:31

I hear you. I'm already sticking to the fucking table with sweat. And this I hate having to cover myself in suncream or I burn and come out in a rash. too.

I miss the cold already.

ALongHardWinter Tue 05-Jun-18 18:02:48

Yes,I agree that the hot weather seems to turn a hell of as lot of people into grade A arseholes. Just why? Because it's hot? Whoopee doo! That's a cause for celebration. Not. It gets like an oven in my second floor flat,even with numerous windows open (and then I have to contend with the noise of aircraft,which,in the hot weather,are always taking off right over my house,rather than coming in,therefore making much more noise). And don't get me started on the idiots with car stereos pumping out their racket so loud that it makes my front door rattle......

pieceofpurplesky Tue 05-Jun-18 18:02:50

My classroom is a bloody nightmare - glass windows on one side and facing the sun! Windows hardly open and it's filled with sweaty teenagers.
Home, despite it being hot, is a delight.

DNAwrangler Tue 05-Jun-18 18:04:41

We have a blackout blind for our one year old. He's flat out now.

Ardant Tue 05-Jun-18 18:06:26

Portable air conditioner, best £300 I've ever spent. And lots of blackout blinds.

We're also in a new build and instead of the old 30+ temperatures, it stays around low 20s or below, still warmer than I'd like but I can sleep at night so there's that. Also the loud noise blocks out some of the screaming outside! Win-win.

I fucking hate summer and sunshine and heat and oh god it's this intermittently until late October usually now I could cry
(Post Edited by MNHQ)

FurryDice Tue 05-Jun-18 18:14:05

Glad I’m not alone! Sorry my OP sounded so aggressive; I was having a bad moment.

I did consider a portable air conditioner @Ardant, but I have these stupid tilt and turn windows and don’t you need to somehow vent the air conditioner?

vampirethriller Tue 05-Jun-18 18:22:45

I hate being hot at night. I've started taking a hot water bottle filled with iced water to bed. I do love summer though, winter is horrible. I hate the dark and the wet!
Where I live it's people smoking weed in their front gardens and that's pissing me off, especially one man who spits on the communal doorstep when he's smokingangry

gunnergirl Tue 05-Jun-18 18:38:17

was bit chilly today in north London had to laugh my colleague had the fan heater on !!!!!!!!

MissionItsPossible Tue 05-Jun-18 19:46:58

I detest Summer for reasons given above. Much prefer Autumn and Winter.

FurryDice Tue 05-Jun-18 20:41:31

I love Autumn. It’s my favourite season.

userofthiswebsite Tue 05-Jun-18 20:45:54

Yes, my flat really keeps the heat/humidity in no matter that I leave the windows wide open.
Drying and straightening hair is just impossible sometimes as it's too muggy in here.
I've also toyed with the idea of getting a portable air con unit but they are quite big and bulky and you have to vent it out of the window.
I'm also scared of spiders so there's a battle within me to keep the windows open or not.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: