Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Dog chewing - please tell me your experiences!

(7 Posts)
NotClear Mon 28-May-18 02:28:14

What did they chew?

Do they tend to chew your own belongings, like a shoe or coat, or is it normally the house structure such as doorways and kitchens?

Did you find your chewer grew out of it?

Do rescue dogs come already identified as a chewer or not?

Is it possible for a dog to be well trained but become a chewer due to house move or change of ownership etc?

teenagerparent Mon 28-May-18 03:58:17

Expensive pair of leather boots!! Do you have a chewer or are you thinking of getting one? All dogs are different but its usually through boredom or anxiety

Greenwomanofmay Mon 28-May-18 04:40:49

One chewed structure ( floor and log basket) when teething despite having lots of toys and grew out of it
The other rescue dog chewed for comfort, shoes, clothes etc eventually grew out of it but took a long time

NotClear Mon 28-May-18 12:48:25

How does a dog chew a floor?

NotClear Mon 28-May-18 12:49:02

Not thinking of getting one but am thinking of letting someone else get one in a property that I am responsible for.

Greenwomanofmay Mon 28-May-18 13:42:33

There was a chip out of a floor board where it joined another (old house) and she just kept chewing at it.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Mon 28-May-18 14:09:38

Mine came to me as a rescue but he's never chewed anything that didn't belong to him while he's been in my care. He has lots of chews, but someone must have taught him in the past.

When you Google for such stories you'll only find the horror stories as no chewing isn't something to write about!

You can charge a higher deposit to protect against any such incidents

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: