Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you're up, what are you up to?

(99 Posts)
LanguidLobster Mon 28-May-18 02:16:08

I just made some herbal tea (rooibus/peppercorn/lemon peel/lemongrass) then promptly spilt it over myself whilst scalding hot, cue much swearing. I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight.

Anyone else?

IlikemyTeahot Mon 28-May-18 02:45:47

Ouch! Hope your ok now.
I'm currently floating around being the laundry fairy. Depositing piles of clothes in the middle of everyone's room. They will all wonder how it magically appeared and probably just ignore it until they can't find a specific sock.

LanguidLobster Mon 28-May-18 02:49:04

Oooh I want you. Can you come and be my magic laundry fairy too, pretty please??

Bluesheep8 Mon 28-May-18 02:55:19

I'm up. Woke up like I do every bloomin' Sunday night at this time, work or no work. Remembered the cat wouldn't come in last night so got up to let him in and now going to have a cup of tea when I can move him from my knee, then decide whether to try and sleep again (unlikely). Hoping the weather's going to be as good as forecast so that we can get some stuff done in the garden. Oits a real pain waking up in the night like this and has been a Sunday night pattern for me since a bad period of work related stress and anxiety about 5 years ago - annoying! Who else is up then? confused

flumpybear Mon 28-May-18 02:55:22

Stupid cat woke me up .... so I've come to the lounge for a bit of MN ... I'll sleep again soon I hope!

SneakyGremlins Mon 28-May-18 02:56:28

I'm watching Lorraine Pascale at 3AM. Sadly I'm now ravenous.

guiltynetter Mon 28-May-18 02:58:46

i’m 6 months pregnant and very awake, the baby did such a big kick before it made me jump! can’t remember that with DD until right at the end. my DH is currently doing such loud drunken snoring it’s horrendous 😩

flowerslemonade Mon 28-May-18 02:59:11

waiting for the sun to come up

IlikemyTeahot Mon 28-May-18 03:00:20

Haha I would in exchange for a hot cup of tea! brew Just don't throw it over me aswell! grin
I love seeing everything all folded and neat, it doesn't last long here though.
They just smoosh it into drawers and whine when it's crumpled. I don't sleep much so I save the washing to give me something to do. I have such a chaotic life it's the only bit of order I can create...and quite possibly the only bit of entertainment apart from trawling through MN.
I don't get out much can you tell? wink

SneakyGremlins Mon 28-May-18 03:00:44

Ooooh guilty what are you having? snore-related divorce?

bushtailadventures Mon 28-May-18 03:00:59

I'm up, I got too hot in bed so came downstairs. I often do, so Dp gets some sleep before he gets up at 4. I will try and go back to bed for a bit then, but I might just get everything done in the kitchen first, give myself a clear day that way.

Appleandmango22 Mon 28-May-18 03:02:49

I’m in hospital on day 4 of induction of baby. It’s failed miserably and the plan is for a c section tomorrow.

gingerbreadbiscuits Mon 28-May-18 03:03:23

Getting ready to go to the airport. DD was too excited to go to sleep at normal time and I have not been able to get to sleep. It is going to be a long day!

IDefinitelyWould Mon 28-May-18 03:07:15

It's only 8pm here and dh is away so I've just finished wrestling dc into bed. Now laundry, tidying, washing up and packed lunches for tomorrow. Then gin. Looking forward to the gin!

3luckystars Mon 28-May-18 03:08:08

I had a nightmare, and am roasting. It was SO real that I came on here to get my mind off it and just read the post about the woman having brain surgery in the morning. I am feeling much better now!!!

mrsjackrussell Mon 28-May-18 03:09:46

Cramps all night due to neurological disease. Everytime I go to sleep it comes back. Looking on here seems to ease it.

guiltynetter Mon 28-May-18 03:11:33

sneaky a boy! hes been wriggling for absolute ages now, i wonder if he’s always like this at night & i’m just asleep...

DH snoring has stopped thank god but i’m still v.awake.

3luckystars Mon 28-May-18 03:13:26

@appleandmango22 I had an induction that went on for several days, then my waters broke and the baby arrived like a rocket, in minutes. You will definitely have your baby this time tomorrow anyway so the very best of luck!

GummyGoddess Mon 28-May-18 03:18:30

Holding dc2 while he starts sleeping and hoping to put him down for sleep shortly. Been up since about 1.40 trying to sort him out.

LanguidLobster Mon 28-May-18 03:20:41

Good luck apple. There was a lady here who was sitting her accountancy exams same time as baby was due, I always wondered how everything went.

mrsjack would you like to say about your condition?

FenellaMaxwellsPony Mon 28-May-18 03:21:04

Up with DS (1yo) who is poorly. Watching Criminal Minds, trapped under a fitfully dozing boy whilst we wait for the calpol to kick in.

afishnotabird Mon 28-May-18 03:24:11

Working, I’m on a break right now. Roll on 6am!

mrsjackrussell Mon 28-May-18 03:26:38

Languid. I have a rare form of MND not as bad as it sounds as you can't die from it just walking and talking probs. Don't normally get cramps like this. Driving me mad as so tired. It's just annoying now. Funny as when I look on here it goes away

mrsjackrussell Mon 28-May-18 03:27:37

Have you burnt yourself?

LanguidLobster Mon 28-May-18 03:31:39

Do you think MN is a distraction thing and that's why it helps? Cramps are horrible. I sometimes get them in my feet and thump them to get them to behave (circulatory)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: