Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Days out/theme park for one year old

(38 Posts)
coffeebreak38572 Sun 27-May-18 23:34:25

We have afew days off coming up soon and would like to go somewhere that would entertain DD who is 16 months. Happy to travel and book a hotel so don't mind on location as long as it's in UK. Did consider somewhere like CBeebies land but do you think she will still be abit too young to appreciate it? Thanks

CAAKE Sun 27-May-18 23:45:01

Honestly, I wouldn't bother! We took DC1 to Disneyland when he was 3 and he can't remember it at all (he's now 9). Do something that you and your partner want to do instead.

JaniceBattersby Sun 27-May-18 23:46:52

Faaaaar too young to spend all that money on a day out. She’d have just as nice a time at the park. Wait until she’s three to go places like that. It’s just not worth it otherwise.

DuckEgg86 Sun 27-May-18 23:47:36

Seriously too young. Just go to a local farm or something. Or if you have a couple of days a beach or coastal holiday is nice

BackforGood Sun 27-May-18 23:48:59

Far too young for you to waste money on a theme park or day out. Go to your local park or stay at hoe or go somewhere you, as adults would like until she is older / ready to take in surroundings in a couple of years time.

Owletterocks Sun 27-May-18 23:52:09

We took dd to Thomas land when she was one and she could go on most things with an adult. To be honest tho, we only took her because we were also taking Thomas mad ds who was 4.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 27-May-18 23:53:41

We took our one year old (at the time) to an aquarium- he was mesmerised by all the fish! But anything else would probably be wasted at this age imo.

Tallace Mon 28-May-18 00:27:30

I really wouldnt bother at that age. You have got years ahead of you trudging around theme parks and standing in queues. Go to a farm park or do something you want to do.

frasier Mon 28-May-18 00:30:48

We took DS to Disneyland Paris when he was one and he loved it! He doesn’t remember it but who cares, he laughed all day.

MamaRaisingBoys Mon 28-May-18 00:31:48

We took ds to peppa pig world at 13 months old - mainly as we were taking my dsis to see Santa - and he loved it. Could go on most rides and was mesmerised by it all

RonWeasleys2ndCousin Mon 28-May-18 00:50:01

I agree with everybody else. TBH at that age you could set your baby in front of a spinning washing machine and they'd be enthralled.

KeepServingTheDrinks Mon 28-May-18 00:52:44

Agree.

And as well as what they all said, the beach or a swimming (or paddling) pool.

guiltynetter Mon 28-May-18 07:43:56

farms are a good idea at that age, not super expensive and my DD used to love them. would not recommend cbeebies land at all, i took my DD when she was 2 and there were huge queues for everything. it’s overrated i think. gullivers world theme parks are good for v.young children if you have one near.

Figgygal Mon 28-May-18 07:45:17

Waste of time and money
Sorry they're just as happy at the local park

Teateaandmoretea Mon 28-May-18 07:51:21

I think 16 months is definitely a bit young. I did take dd1 to Thomas land at 20 months and she loved it. We're fairly local to it though so didn't have the hotel expense etc and could go again when she was older. I think comparing to DLP etc is a bit confused because to me that's a far more major trip. I'd maybe do that one in the autumn?

Teateaandmoretea Mon 28-May-18 07:51:54

I mean Thomas Land not DLP btw that was very confusing.

TheExhausted Mon 28-May-18 08:00:43

We took 16mo DS to Yorkshire Wildlife Park yesterday and he loved that. I think they much prefer farms/zoos/open spaces/soft play/swimming at that age.

mrsnec Mon 28-May-18 08:06:49

Had my 3 year old dd's birthday at Farmer Palmers in Poole last year. Ds was about 18 months at the time and absolutely loved the place.

DownWentTheFlag Mon 28-May-18 08:07:04

Don’t bother with CBeebies Land. Far too much queuing to keep a small child happy for long.
I would highly recommend Tropical World in Leeds, or Chester Zoo.

ZenNudist Mon 28-May-18 08:09:54

Id hesitate to do that at 2 let alone 1yo.

At that age youcan still do something quite adult and just take them along.

We did a nice trip to Bath at that age. Ds slept in pram so we could go out for dinner one night and we got take away in apartment the next. We even took him out for a guided night/ entertainment walk one night which he slept through and we enjoyed.

We also went round the roman baths where he was in a provided baby carrier. National trust also supply baby carriers at their properties. I remember i even got to shop and got lots of new clothes for my return to work!

Definitely try similar. Its your last chance to do anything vaguely adult for years. Once they are older then you have to gear all activities to them.

coffeebreak38572 Mon 28-May-18 08:10:44

Thanks everyone agree DD is probably too young. Think we will just choose somewhere that is close to a zoo so we can visit one of the days we are away smile

AlbusPercival Mon 28-May-18 08:12:33

Surprised by all these comments

Mine adored a day trip to butlins. Met the teletubbies, watched some shows, went on some rides, went swimming. He spent most of the day smiling and laughing.

Wait4nothing Mon 28-May-18 08:12:54

We did Yorkshire wildlife park, a butterfly farm and the deep in Hull when she was little successfully. But a local small farm was as much of a hit.
We considered a few options for her 2nd birthday and went with beamish (trams, sweet shop, carousel, farm with tractors) it was a lovely day and we’ll use the annual pass to walk the dog 😂.
Don’t spend too much or plan for a whole day (at that age a few hours is fine)

TheExhausted Mon 28-May-18 08:18:11

If you're looking for a full weekend away, DS loves Center Parcs.

Yokatsu Mon 28-May-18 08:19:05

Disneyland paris is fantastic at that age!

And I always think they won't remember it is a bit of an odd comment. They might not but you will. And no adult remembers everything you do I life but you can certainly enjoy doing something at the time. I have beautiful photos of my 18 month year old with mickey and catching Disney snow on mainstreet at Christmas
Otherwise I'd do a 2 for one for Chessington and little one should get in free. People forget Chessington is a pretty spectacular zoo and has an aquarium. Coupled with a carousel ride ancient a gruffallo ride that's a etty cool day out for a 16 month old

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: