Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Someone trying to bang my door down

(11 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sun 27-May-18 22:46:18

My flatmate isn’t very shook up. The intercom went off twice tonight and she thought it was children (we live on a busy high street) the next minute the downstairs door was shaking she said she went down to answer it but got really scared they were practically kicking it down. We share the door with our pensioner neighbours. Our third flatmate is a teacher with a history of going out with dodgy blokes that she gets into debt for. The last one she got a car loan for which she’s still paying for. Well she moved all her stuff out today and hasn’t left anything behind. I don’t want to frighten the other one but I’m wondering is it related or just coincidence? It’s unnerved me.

Ladymadness Sun 27-May-18 22:55:42

I think you need to inform the police. Do you have cctv ?

EachandEveryone Sun 27-May-18 22:58:32

I doubt it. It might be on the Main Street but not pointed at my flat. My poor flat mate is really shook up. It’s never happened before and I can’t help but think it’s related to the other one doing a runner she wasn’t supposed to move out til next week

LanguidLobster Sun 27-May-18 23:00:10

Not really sure going on that - it's probably nothing but just make a log of it and 999 pronto if it happens again. Do speak to your flatmate and make sure you agree on a plan of action

DavetheCat2001 Sun 27-May-18 23:02:40

So did the person banging at your door give up eventually and go?

Any chance you could contact your ex-flatmate and try to find out if it's related to her?

I'd be really un-nerved too.

EachandEveryone Sun 27-May-18 23:03:30

When someone bangs on the door like that we shouldn’t open it should we? It’s a shame she didn’t think to open a window and shout out. I’ve double locked the back door it’s a horrible feeling. You read so much in the news these days.

EachandEveryone Sun 27-May-18 23:07:33

I can’t contact her she’s left no forwarding address she never spoke to me much in the two years she was hear. She did speak to me last week to say that she has gone out dancing with her drug dealing exes friends because they aren’t like him and hate him as well. I don’t know why she even told me. I wouldn’t allow him in the flat he terrified me. Plus all the weed smoking was going through the neighbours door. Let’s see if we still get the letters off the loan companies now she’s gone.

argumentativefeminist Sun 27-May-18 23:08:12

Very similar happened to me recently! We logged it with 101, they didn't seem to mind that we didn't have much description, just wanted the information to see if it was related to any other local reports, so its worth giving them a call!

EachandEveryone Sun 27-May-18 23:13:39

I’m on hold with 101 they are impossible to get through to

EachandEveryone Mon 28-May-18 06:59:18

They alsonripped a note for the postman off the door which has been there for months

Ladymadness Mon 28-May-18 11:25:17

Hope you're ok op what did 101 advise ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: