Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Footner fail

(22 Posts)
Stickitupthebunting Sun 27-May-18 19:49:31

It's 5 days since I used footner, for an hour, and my feet are dry, but not peeling, and just as bad as before. They are awful, thick skin on my heels and balls of my feet.

Are my feet too minging even for footner? Has it ever failed anyone else?

DragonsAndCakes Sun 27-May-18 19:50:59

Give it another few days I’d say.

chipsandpeas Sun 27-May-18 19:51:51

took mine about 7-10 days to start peeling

BeeFarseer Sun 27-May-18 19:53:05

You need to soak your feet. Do it for at least fifteen minutes each night. It'll speed it up. Mine didn't start to peel until around day 6, and it was little bits at first, and then... woosh. All at once.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 27-May-18 19:54:37

Change the sheets on your bed.
Guaranteed that you will wake up tomorrow ankle deep in flakes.

Stickitupthebunting Sun 27-May-18 20:43:12

Thanks. I've been soaking. I'll try changing the sheets!

Herja Sun 27-May-18 20:45:21

I recommend swimming for it. I got out and that evening my feet peeled off.

Sadly my feet defeated footner though as all the hard bits were still there, just one layer less after.

Stickitupthebunting Sun 27-May-18 20:48:10

I went swimming on Thursday. Relieved someone else's feet were too bad for the miracle cure! 😕

Vixnixtrix1981 Sun 27-May-18 20:51:19

Mine took ages too, and then happened really slowly. I was fed up of picking dead skin from my feet! I have a micropedi... they work so well for hard skin

WhatCanIDoNowPlease Sun 27-May-18 20:54:53

I too thought it had failed, it only started on day 8 or 9 but was very effective then. Have patience!

Homemadearmy Sun 27-May-18 20:58:00

I bought the amazon version and it failed for me. My feet did peel apart from the thick skin on the heel, which dried out more and looked and felt worse

BeesAndMist Sun 27-May-18 21:01:36

It only works when you've completely lost faith in anything ever happening. Then you’ll think you’re safe to go swimming or wear a pair of sandals or just quickly change your socks at the gym or something and both your feet will just fall off.

I once had a bath about a week after doing a footner. I came out and stepped out of an entire shoe of skin. It was glorious and I felt like a snake.

sdaisy26 Sun 27-May-18 21:06:17

Mine didn't do anything until I took my sock off in my DB's immaculate flat while talking about it and a mountain of foot flakes fell out. His gf never forgave me (they've since broken up...I think it's unconnected).

It didn't really work that well for me though, the tough skin on my heels still remained. I find a very regular routine of the dr scholl foot stuff works best but they're still not great.

MizCracker Sun 27-May-18 21:08:03

My feet did peel eventually, but not the calloused hard skin around my heels and the balls of my feet. The only areas that peeled were OK in the first place! I felt very cheated indeed grin

Cleanerswin Sun 27-May-18 21:12:20

Mine didn’t peel either, just went flaky for a bit.

Glitteryfrog Sun 27-May-18 21:21:18

Give it a week. I'm on day 7 and I'm flaking all over the place (Or at least into socks)

HunterHearstHelmsley Sun 27-May-18 21:23:31

I have terrible heels and Footner always gets it off! Around 10 days to start is usual for me.

Mum2jenny Sun 27-May-18 21:25:36

It worked for me, but it does take time. I tend to leave it on for more then an hour, around 75 mins typically

PurpleTigerLove Sun 27-May-18 21:31:28

Beesandmist
grin

tectonicplates Sun 27-May-18 22:31:25

Does it hurt when you first use it?

BitOutOfPractice Sun 27-May-18 23:10:20

Soak. Soak. Soak some more.

HildaZelda Sun 27-May-18 23:13:40

I'd love to do it but I have a tattoo on one foot and I'm afraid in case that might come off! shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: