Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can I have some eBay help please!

(13 Posts)
IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 27-May-18 15:03:14

Just sold some trainers (auction ended an hour ago). Delivery was Royal Mail 2nd class £2.95 (buyer pays)

Turns out this buyer is in bloody Cyprus

The item only sold for £11! (Which is fine, money is money!) but can I ask them to pay more/or cancel it without screwing up my rating?

I’m so annoyed at myself for not putting no overseas postage like normal!

LoadsaBlusher Sun 27-May-18 15:20:21

Are you signed up or have u ticked the box for the eBay global shipping program ?
As with this you still just post to a central UK address then they would ship it out to Cyprus ?

You can set your buyer requirements for future sales and select UK postage only there
This actually prevents overseas bidders from buying / bidding

If you haven’t had any of these settings on and didn’t state anywhere in the listing either
Then you may need to request a cancellation ,and take the hit

MistyMeena Sun 27-May-18 15:35:37

Have a look at the order details, if you're signed up to the global shipping it will have a uk distribution address, just send it there and they do the rest. The person in Cyprus will have paid extra but you won't have seen that.
If not you'll either have to ask for the postage or cancel. Or pay it and chalk it up to experience!

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 27-May-18 15:40:44

I’ve just checked PayPal and the address is a different name and London address

Which one does it go to?!

God this is hard work!

SmashedMug Sun 27-May-18 15:46:13

Posting to a different address than the one on the PayPal account means you won't be protected by PayPal if it turns out to be fraud. I'd check with eBay but I think that will be a valid reason to cancel the transaction without losing any money.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 27-May-18 15:50:14

If the PayPal is a different name and address, that sounds pretty dodgy

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 27-May-18 15:51:30

Do I contact the seller and tell them I m cancelling (and if so, what do I give as a reason)
Or just do it?

Thank you

tectonicplates Sun 27-May-18 16:09:21

I know this doesn't help now, but you can stop this kind of thing from happening again in the future if you look at your seller preferences, there's an option to block buyers in countries you don't ship to.

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 27-May-18 16:11:35

Ebay address is a very typically Greek name with a Cyprus address and the PayPal address is an English name with a S London address 🤷🏻‍♀️

Fucks sake! I only wanted to make some extra cash!

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 27-May-18 16:15:38

I’ve just checked again and he’s changed the address so they both match

My heads going to explode at this rate

SmashedMug Sun 27-May-18 16:20:08

Which address is it matching to now? If it's the abroad address, don't send!

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sun 27-May-18 16:21:08

No the London address!

SmashedMug Sun 27-May-18 16:22:14

Oooh that is tricky! If it had been the same name, I wouldn't be worried but it's the fact both addresses had different names.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: