Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Have you ever been on tv?

(57 Posts)
BubblesInMyTea Sun 27-May-18 06:52:41

I have been on local news twice
The Chase
Deal or No Deal

DollyLlama Sun 27-May-18 07:52:38

My mum went on the Kilroy show while pregnant with me discussing state of the art new treatment for conception if that counts grin

BubblesInMyTea Sun 27-May-18 08:33:18

Well you were there!!!

BetterEatCheese Sun 27-May-18 08:46:34

I appeared briefly on the news when our school named a baby in Africa after donating lots of clothes etc. Was all a bit weird and I remember definitely rigged. We were told what to write on the voting slips.

I'm also on an HIV and AIDS awareness educational video somewhere but I am praying it was never converted to DVD and died a death alongside the VHS!

Akire Sun 27-May-18 08:50:24

Sadly we had a murder in our flats and channel 4 came and filmed outside. That was bizarre watching channe4 news and thinking oh thank goodness I wasn’t looking out the window.

QueenofLouisiana Sun 27-May-18 08:50:45

Yes, teaching spelling to a group of 10 year olds. It was a local news report on the Americanisation of British spelling (eg. Colour becoming color). Gripping stuff!

shouldnthavesaid Sun 27-May-18 08:54:32

V nearly on a channel 4 thing about health issues.. pulled out last minute when it became apparent they wanted to portray me in a v specific way. And would have required below the waist nudity. Im v v glad I said no!!

DissertationDrama Sun 27-May-18 09:04:43

I was on ‘helicopter heroes’ as a small child. A woman had slipped on some rocks at a beach in Dorset and broken her back, and the rescue helicopter came to get her. They filmed it for ITV I think it was, and my family was on the beach at the time. There was a lovely film of me gibbering under a towel while the helicopter circled, and my mum fussing about the tidal wave of sand it was flicking over us. I hope that woman is ok, I never found out.

maras2 Sun 27-May-18 09:06:16

BBC Midlands News, May 1970
I wagged school to go on an overnight/all next day march and demo against the South African Rugby Union touring team playing in my home city.
This was when Apartheid was very much in evidence and it was a massive demo.
Not easy trying to convince the school authorities of my illness when I'd been on the telly the night before leading the chanting outside the Rugby ground blush

Enko Sun 27-May-18 09:07:17

Yes in 2003 discussing the change from recommending weaving babies to solids moving to 6 months not 4. I was 5 months pregnant with dd3 and ds who was with me age 1 kept trying to grab my microphone.. Always amuses me when people say that this weaning to 6 months is a new thing as I know it's not

LittleCandle Sun 27-May-18 09:10:44

Yep, got a reasonable close up on Songs of Praise. Also interviewed twice for a local network after the suicide of a woman I knew. There were a lot of people too scared to say what they really thought, due to their jobs, so I found that I was the person doing it. The truth had to be told.

Mmmmdanone Sun 27-May-18 09:11:52

Rolf Harris show in 80's.
BBC news re indy ref.
Part of audience in a TV show that I can't remember the name of.

PanPanPanPing Sun 27-May-18 09:15:22

I nearly was, as a young child. One of Mum's friends worked at the BBC and they were making a programme where they needed a studio full of children to participate in whatever it was (can't remember). We got there and I was so overwhelmed by the size of the studio and so many kids and adults milling around that I wimped out, so Mum and I just stayed and watched from the sidelines!!

WindyBee Sun 27-May-18 09:18:56

Ive been loads! Singing on the stage in Welsh Eisteddfods. Plus acting/extra work on Welsh S4C channel. Love it!

Gingerninj Sun 27-May-18 09:22:18

The background of the local news for about 2 seconds

beachbodyunready Sun 27-May-18 09:34:22

Bubblesinmytea I was on the Chase too!

dudsville Sun 27-May-18 09:37:07

Yes. I had a brief stint as a child actor. (I never use this term, I just came up with it!) I was on a commercial for furniture and on a fund raising programme. It was a short lived career.

WhatMakesYouHappy Sun 27-May-18 09:51:22

The One Show. As a guest. Few years ago!

VileyRose Sun 27-May-18 09:52:44

The news talking about snow
Ninja warrior

BetterEatCheese Sun 27-May-18 09:54:55

Wow did you get up the wall @VileyRose ?

LauraChant Sun 27-May-18 09:58:11

I had my name read out on Why Don’t You, but didn’t appear in person. Also I was very briefly in the background of a documentary about fear, screaming my head off on a fairground ride.

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Sun 27-May-18 10:02:55

Been on Aussie TV exposing a dodgy telesales company I worked for as a backpacker (along with others) . Today Tonight, Channel 7, 1999. My claim to fame!

Zaphodsotherhead Sun 27-May-18 10:12:39

Local news did a three minute slot on me.

Response has been amazing, which has just reinforced my opinion that you don't actually exist as a real person until you have been on TV.

CuppaSarah Sun 27-May-18 10:19:38

I was a guest on the ITV news talking about changes to child care entitlement.

I was nearly part of a British gas as campaign, but they went with that penguin instead of 'heart warning real people'

x2boys Sun 27-May-18 10:23:52

nearly , when I was a Ranger Guide many years ago they nearly picked our group to be on ITV Telethon answering the phones .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: