Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Watch for a 6yo

(5 Posts)
aliphil Sun 27-May-18 00:42:19

DD will turn 6 over the summer and has asked if she can have a watch for her birthday. Some of the others in her class have them already, so I don't see why not, but DH thinks 5/6 is a bit young. If we do get one I don't want to spend a lot of money as there's a high chance of it getting lost or broken. Can anyone recommend a nice but inexpensive first watch?

ProjectInsanity Sun 27-May-18 07:17:53

Mine were given a Flik-flak. Seem pretty sturdy and well made. No idea how much they cost.

Happygolucky009 Sun 27-May-18 07:22:19

We got our kids watches around that age. We found decathlon online best and at around £10 weren't expensive

Ricekrispie22 Sun 27-May-18 08:42:44

When I was watch shopping for my DS a few years ago, I noticed that everywhere seemed to sell Tikker children's watches. I had never heard of Tikker and originally planned to go with a make that I knew, such as Lorus, Swatch or Casio. I ended up going for a Tikker because I thought that they must be good if everywhere sells them! It was a 'time teacher' watch with a Velcro canvas strap. It cost £15 from Debenhams. It's been worn everyday and is still going strong.

aliphil Mon 28-May-18 22:02:26

Thanks, these all look like good options.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: