Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone else completely terrified of storms?

(23 Posts)
NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 00:26:50

Huge thunderstorm phobia here. Has just started rumbling and I watching it head straight for me on lightning maps. I'm on my own and shitting it, am I the only one? Everyone always bangs on about how much they love them.

catlovingdoctor Sun 27-May-18 00:30:06

Oh bless you- it’s here too and I really dislike them. Really hoping it passes soon for both of us! I’ll sray on here if you’d like to chat.

How’s your day been otherwise?

UghFletcher Sun 27-May-18 00:31:22

👋
Me

I hate them, no matter what people tell me about it being a silly phobia

ButNotTonight Sun 27-May-18 00:32:29

Me too! Has been flashing for about 2 hours but the rain has started and thunder is getting louder. And my weather app says it's going to last for 5 days! Wish I loved a storm, most of my friends are posting on FB how amazing it is while I'm too scared to leave the room!

NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 00:33:06

Thank you 😊 my lightning map won't work now and I find that quite comforting so panicking a bit more. Am hiding under my duvet with all the lights switched on too! So pathetic. Hope my son doesn't wake up, although he usually sleeps through anything.

It's been ok, just been at home pottering around. How about yours?

NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 00:34:27

I'm the same but, really bugs me when people think it's a silly phobia. IT'S RANDOM ELECTRIC BOLTS COMING FROM THE SKY WHY IS THAT SILLY

NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 00:36:37

It's fucking boiling under my duvet too, but I'm not moving!

catlovingdoctor Sun 27-May-18 00:39:32

I know what you mean!! I find them really frightening and I stay scared in doors too! I was out tonight and was so frightened trying to get home because the lightening was so bad where I am .

NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 00:40:33

I'm glad I'm not the only one but I'm also sorry others are feeling as bad

catlovingdoctor Sun 27-May-18 00:41:52

Oh same really, didn’t do much but was hoping for a more peaceful sleep tonight than this!

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Sun 27-May-18 00:44:08

No I find them fascinating and if one wakes me in the night I get unto watch them, but your phobia is certainly not silly, we all have our fears, it always amuses me when people say other people’s phobias are stupid but somehow there own are always acceptable!! I hope you are not too scared OP.

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Sun 27-May-18 00:44:56

Get up that should read ffs!

Illusive01 Sun 27-May-18 00:46:03

I like be a good storm! Always good to watch, imo

NoNoCharlieRascal Sun 27-May-18 00:46:44

I'm not bothered by them but my sister is completely terrified. Growing up she would be in a frenzy at the smallest storm. It's not something to be laughed at.

I hope it passes over quickly for you all

NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 00:47:03

Thanks Betty, I used to just put my headphones in and shut it out but I don't like to do that now I have kids, just in case they wake. My daughter loves them and usually comes in with me if she wakes but she's on a sleepover tonight. She's only 10 bless her, but she likes to comfort me during a storm!

SapphireSeptember Sun 27-May-18 03:04:07

I used to hate them when I was younger, all the windows and the air vent on my window had to be closed, and I'd hide under the duvet. I also don't think it's an irrational phobia, thunderstorms are bloody dangerous! And even as someone who loves them, I've had moments of feeling really scared when there's been a strike nearby and you get that really loud boom.

IlikemyTeahot Sun 27-May-18 03:09:45

Glad I'm not the only one, My two always come and 'look after' me even though I know my eldest is shitting it as much as I am bit he tries to be brave bless him he was shaking. My daughter wanted curtains open and a front row seat to watch...yet she's scared of everything else bless her.

Namechangedtothis Sun 27-May-18 03:14:31

I'm on my own completely terrified. I've even messaged people to see if they are awake so I can go there. Nobody is sad

NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 07:29:52

Oh namechanged I'm sorry, hope you were ok. Thankfully it didn't come to much here, so I managed to get back to sleep. Hope you got some sleep too.

NellyTimes Sun 27-May-18 07:36:39

Oh namechanged I'm sorry, hope you were ok. Thankfully it didn't come to much here, so I managed to get back to sleep. Hope you got some sleep too.

kimlo Sun 27-May-18 07:39:29

me. And I agree with you it's not silly, it's perfectly reasonable.

NoSquirrels Sun 27-May-18 07:40:58

Last night we ended up with 1 DC, 2 cats and 1 dog (who never comes upstairs but woke me just before the thunder started by burrowing under our bed!) Only DC2 slept through oblivious. (and possibly DH, who not sure noticed the whole party in the bed hmm)

Thinkingofausername1 Sun 27-May-18 08:50:46

Yup hid under the covers!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: