Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Are you a list maker? Do you prefer...

(54 Posts)
lucysmam Sat 26-May-18 21:19:58

Pen and paper or an electronic list?

I like pen and paper.

Preferably gel pen, with it's cap on the end. Or a Bic biro, also with the cap on the end. I struggle to write with pens without the cap on the end for some reason confused and am not keen on a biro with a round barrell but don't mind with a gel pen.

Preferably written on A4 paper. Just one side. & I keep crossing out, and adding, in a new colour until I can't fit any more on the page or I lose track of what notes go with what so I start all over again on a shiny new page.

What about you?

(I'm bored and tired but neither of the girls seem ready for bed yet despite walking for miles today in the sunshine at the Wildlife Park, and then playing in the play area for half an hour too!).

KlutzyDraconequus Sat 26-May-18 21:21:11

pen for drawing lines.
pencil for writing in the lines.
rubber for rubbing out pencil and rewriting in the pen lines.

I am not a bit anal at all.

PaddysMarket Sat 26-May-18 21:22:56

Definitely pen and paper.

I'm going on holiday next week and my "lists" have got out of control.

toolazytothinkofausername Sat 26-May-18 21:23:13

Pen and paper! By my computer I have a weekly planner. Under every day I write down what I am doing that day/what I need to do that day.

Whyohwhy65 Sat 26-May-18 21:24:06

Pen and paper
I have a notebook full of lists. I couldn't live without them

TERFragetteCity Sat 26-May-18 21:24:16

Have you not encountered bullet journals?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 26-May-18 21:25:11

Fountain pen and paper.

Just ordered a to do notebook for work.

4yoniD Sat 26-May-18 21:25:29

Definitely written - a sheet of lined paper or if I'm getting serious one of these http://www.pocketmod.com

DickensianHysteric Sat 26-May-18 21:26:27

I prefer pen and paper, but I do also make lists on my phone. I love a list!

ThatsNotMyUnicorn Sat 26-May-18 21:27:00

Definitely pen and paper-then I get the satisfaction of being able to cross jobs off once they're done.

athingthateveryoneneeds Sat 26-May-18 21:27:46

I like making lists but I'm not bothered about what I use to write with/on. As long as I accomplish everything/don't forget stuff.

cakesonatrain Sat 26-May-18 21:28:54

Propelling pencil on the back of a no-longer-required work printout.

HandbagCrazy Sat 26-May-18 21:29:05

Another pen and paper fan here.

I like notebooks - I have an A6 one that comes everywhere with me and an A5 one next to my side of sofa at home. The notebook rules are to use Blue pen only and avoid crossing things out as much as possible - ticks only.

A6 book is for daily to-do lists. 1 page per day and I move tasks forward as necessary.

A5 is a project book so has separate sections - right now they are: Finances, Craft Projects, Home Improvement Projects, My 5 Year Plan & Bucket List.

At the back is an assortment of random lists: Christmas plans / presents, a list of favourite foods and their syn value, important dates 1 (birthdays / anniversaries etc), important dates 2 (car & home insurance renewal etc)

Im a bit blush reading that back but it works for me

athingthateveryoneneeds Sat 26-May-18 21:29:58

Ah forgot to say I prefer actually writing rather than typing - the satisfaction from crossing out an item from my list....!

Hassled Sat 26-May-18 21:33:09

I'm a pen and paper list maker - currently a ridiculous fountain pen and an A4 note pad. I write a to-do list (this is at work), cross things out and add them until the page looks a complete mess, then write a nice new tidy list on the next page and start again. And yes, I know there are apps for this but just the act of writing it down helps me process and prioritise what needs to happen.

Snog Sat 26-May-18 21:38:09

My holiday packing list is on my phone so that I can reuse it

LilMadAgain Sat 26-May-18 21:38:55

Write with a green or black fountain pen, underline all list headings with gel pen and ruler. Lined paper preferable but I'm partial to sheets of paper that my printer fucked up (there's a part of me that delights in reduce/reuse/recycle) and yes I reuse envelopes and gift bags whenever I can get away with it.

lucysmam Sat 26-May-18 21:40:05

@TERFragettecity I have...but I can't quite work out how to get going with one!

TERFragetteCity Sat 26-May-18 21:43:43

Just buy a cheap notebook, watch the video and get going. It is marvellous for lists and planning.

lucysmam Sat 26-May-18 21:49:00

I like the idea of a fountain pen, but I quite like coloured inks so have never bought myself one as a grown up. I have no idea where the one I had as a youngster went when I moved either.

slippynips Sat 26-May-18 21:56:18

Pen and paper! I also use the triangle method for my lists!

This is where I bullet each item on the list with a triangle, and then colour in the triangle once job is completed. It keeps the list much neater than crossing out things, and it’s very easy and efficient to see which jobs still need completing. You can also easily read the jobs that have been done (very useful for work and updating my line manager on what I had been up to).

At Christmas I did a Christmas list with Christmas trees as the bullets, and decorated the trees once completed 🙈

bimbobaggins Sat 26-May-18 22:07:27

I love paper lists and have got my best ones ever . Be iconic London daily planner.

Meercat2 Sat 26-May-18 22:07:48

Watching with interest!
I bought a bullet journal but just can't figure out how to use it. Perhaps a video as suggested?
I love lists! At home and at work. I will add jobs I have done if they were not on the list just so that I can cross them out😊

SleepingBooty Sat 26-May-18 22:11:52

Pen and paper.
It's not real unless it's in ink.

BirdyBedtime Sat 26-May-18 22:12:24

I do that too Meerkat!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: