Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is making me ill?

(79 Posts)
Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 18:47:50

I get random upset stomachs and it's horrible. Yorkshire puddings have made me ill today yet pancakes don't however we use gluten free flour for pancakes. I started to feel ill when I was eating it. GP has given me omeprazole which helps but helps the symptom not the cause.

Psychobabble123 Sat 26-May-18 18:49:15

It could be the oil, rather than the batter. I know a lot or people who get upset stomachs with greasy food.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 18:55:29

Maybe. But it's the same oil I use for everything.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sat 26-May-18 18:58:53

It does sound like IBS.☹️

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:02:19

Is that gluten intolerance?

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:02:52

God I feel so ill right now. It's horrible. Makes me not want to eat anything.

boatyardblues Sat 26-May-18 19:05:09

Have you tried keeping a food diary and paying close attention to labels? You find dairy and gluten in all sorts of odd places (lactose in fruit sorbet, FFS!).

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:10:15

No but I think I will have too.

Heratnumber7 Sat 26-May-18 19:10:16

How do you know it was the Yorkshires? Is that all you ate, nothing with them??

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:10:40

My skin gets itchy and rashy too and I don't know why.

boatyardblues Sat 26-May-18 19:26:28

Have a chat with your GP. You might find it helpful to try an exclusion diet, but its best to see your GP first to rule out obvious causes. The blood test for coeliacs has to be done while you are still regularly exposed, for example, or it can give a false negative result.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:27:51

Yeh I did. They gave me omeprazole.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:28:54

Heartnumber7 that is a good point but other stuff I had is stuff I have all the time and am fine and have defintely been ill from homemade Yorkshire pudding before and it's been instant

MummaGiles Sat 26-May-18 19:31:23

There is a stomach bug going around. Are you sure you don’t have that? I was off food for a good couple of days.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:49:03

No. I've been like this on and off for years.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 19:54:51

Keep burping as Well!

RadioDorothy Sat 26-May-18 19:55:05

Interesting. Have you narrowed down what foods trigger it? What did you have alongside the Yorkshire puddings - any veg?

Gluten intolerance is coeliac disease, that can be diagnosed with a blood test. IBS is irritable bowel syndrome, which I have suffered for over 20 years. I ha e to be careful with fruit and veg, and I can't eat cream, for example. But everyone has different triggers.

The other possibility is gallstones. Are you female and over 40? To be honest if that has been going on for years I think the docs would've considered it. But I've had gallstones and they also gave me omeprazole.

What are your symptoms - vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, all 3? If you have pain, where is it?

Nightfall1 Sat 26-May-18 20:08:52

Could be a hernia- with the burping. Omeprazole helps to heal the rawness in the stomach.

boatyardblues Sat 26-May-18 20:09:50

Look up ‘FODMAP diet’ and see whether your flare-ups conincide with foods on the red list.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 20:11:28

Been checked for hernia. Pre omeprazole it was vomiting but not vomited since had that. Now it's just griping pain and diarrhoea.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 20:11:53

But much less since had the omeprazole.

RadioDorothy Sat 26-May-18 20:31:37

Griping pain where, lower abdomen? Relieved when you use the bathroom? I have that with ibs - although vomiting I believe is more unusual, omeprazole or not.

Been checked for an ulcer?

doodlejump1980 Sat 26-May-18 20:33:45

Have you been checked out for gallstones? Certain things used to trigger mine off and would manifest itself in different symptoms.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 20:37:55

I think I've been checked for most things but not sure how thoroughly. Griping is in my stomach. Hard to explain where cos not got it at the moment.

Ihatebuildabear Sat 26-May-18 22:18:20

Been googling and it defintely fits in with ibs more than anything else. The omeprazole has been brilliant but isn't helping tonight. Need some probiotic drinks and to get my head around the FODMAP diet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: