Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fluconazole; anyone taken this?

(13 Posts)
BigbreastsBiggerbeard Fri 25-May-18 21:52:07

Been prescribed this for thrush. Never had it before as in the past the GP has given me the pessary and cream.

Just looked at the side effects and one of them is hair loss! Surely that can't be a possibility after only one capsule?? Obviously, I do realise that they have to list ALL the POSSIBLE side effects, but still...shock

Has anyone taken this particular medication?

DextroDependant Fri 25-May-18 21:55:01

I took it when I was breastfeeding, quite high doses if I remember rightly and had no side effects.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Fri 25-May-18 21:55:38

I have a few times (usually for random infections like an infected finger) and DP is on it now - no hair loss from either of us.

Like you said; it's just that they have to list all known side effects.

Alpacages Fri 25-May-18 21:55:57

I took it for 6mths ish after I had the copper coil fitted and just could not get rid of thrush. I never had any side effects.
I’ve bought it online too whenever I’ve had thrush since, it’s great for getting rid of it. Not had it for a few years now thank God.

DextroDependant Fri 25-May-18 21:56:08

Just wanted to add I had thrush in my nipples and had 3 tablets at once initially and one a day for a week or something.

Helloflamingogo Fri 25-May-18 21:56:49

Never had any issues and take it frequently

cardeyscat Fri 25-May-18 21:58:37

Aplacages I've has persistent thrush for 5 months and recently had a copper coil. Is there a link?? How often did you take fluconazole? My GP is being really crap...

mistermagpie Fri 25-May-18 21:59:43

I've taken it a few times with no side effects. Actually it had no effect at all, but I do suffer with chronic thrush so maybe that's why.

BigbreastsBiggerbeard Fri 25-May-18 22:18:02

This sounds very reassuring. In terms of side effects, at any rate. Sorry to hear that many of you have had really nasty thrush: mine seems tame by comparison.

Wellthisunexpected Fri 25-May-18 22:19:07

Never had any side effects. But my god is it effective! Worked brilliantly for me.

Alpacages Sat 26-May-18 07:38:17

cardys I’m sure it was once a week for the 6mths. There must be a link between the two as I never had it so often prior to having the coil.
If anyone needs to buy it though don’t get it from the chemist, it costs a fortune. Get it from an online pharmacy!

CaveDivingbelle Sat 26-May-18 08:47:48

Taken it loads of times. No side effects ever.

BigbreastsBiggerbeard Sat 26-May-18 11:49:19

This sounds good. Picking it up today so will take it and hope it sorts the problem out smile

Thanks for all your replies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: