Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Tax credit check letter 2018

(709 Posts)
mushymoo Fri 25-May-18 19:51:39

So I think the original thread will disappear even though it’s still active so here’s a new one!
Place to chat for those who have received a letter from tax credits asking for more information/asking if they’re sure they should be a single claimant! Hopefully some of us will get some updates from HMRC soon 🤞🏻

Kittykat60 Fri 25-May-18 20:21:48

Brill you’ve done it mushymoo,,, I’m in same boat darcymummy , no printer etc having to go to local shop to photocopy things ,,,, tell you what they’ve got some work on their hands the amount who’ve been sent letters ,,, love to be a fly on the wall n see what they do
When they get everything do they ring places up n check it’s kocher, and what if you haven’t got a separation order or divorce thing or don’t have a car n they are asking for this stuff ,,, crazy

Fluffyflower57 Fri 25-May-18 22:40:44

Fab!! I've no idea how to even work this, I solely set it up because of this mess i'm going through. I would love for them to phone work, childcare provider, landlord etc. Least then I'd have some backing.

My friend brought round a printer thankfully, although still waiting for my letter from eon. And some stuff my ex can dig up. He's phoned his bank and asked for bills they asked for as it's got his new address on etc. God knows if it'll make a difference xxx

darcymummy Sun 27-May-18 09:34:51

Hey well done mushymoo! All my stuff I've ordered has started to come through and it's going to be so heavy sending off!!! I don't understand why they just don't ask for bank statements as they show everything!!! Just seems like a hell of alot of wasted paper!!! 🤣🤣

Kittykat60 Sun 27-May-18 11:58:15

When you sending everything off darcymummy? I’m still waiting for things. Ugghh!

darcymummy Sun 27-May-18 17:36:54

Hey I'm going to send it recorded on Wed. I have most of the stuff just waiting for next account statements and Argos but they could take a while so will just send what I have for now to hopefully start the ball rolling. Mite call on Tuesday morning to see if I should send it or wait xx

mushymoo Sun 27-May-18 21:25:27

I sent all mine off but had to wait for a council tax bill as I’d thrown mine away as I do it all direct debit. So sent that on seperately when it came. Just had to write my name national insurance number and reference from the letter on the top of it so they’d know what it was for! I reckon the sooner you send stuff the better because they seem to be taking aaages to reply 😞 xx

GoldenWondering Sun 27-May-18 21:41:24

Is everyone getting this letter? I am planning to try to get my stuff together in advance. I find life quite difficult and havent been opening mail. I'm not good at filing. I would open anything from hmrc. I got the letter saying to inform them of my income but I've had nothing about cohabitation.

I've lost my 25% off for single occupancy on the council tax because they sent a form about cohabitation and I lost it and never returned it. That will count against me.

During the whole Concentrix thing I broke down in the post office when I was sending it off. I swore I would be more organised but I'm worse. One of my DC interferes with my mail a lot too. Last time I spent hundreds on duplicate bank statements.

So it's bank statements, council tax, cc statements and car insurance? Anything else? I was going to put someone on my insurace to bring my premiums down. Lucky I didn't.

Kittykat60 Sun 27-May-18 22:50:20

Golden wondering ,,, the concentrix thing went on for months ,,, I was ill , kept in touch with a few mins through that , one lost all her money through no fault of hers, another one lost her job as she couldn’t cope with the stress. Just send what you have , I’m not sending everything as it’s a pre planned list ,,, some people haven’t got a car or household ins , just send what you can , they are putting people into boxes that don’t exist . Everyone’s situation is different .

Kittykat60 Sun 27-May-18 22:51:50

Sorry meant kept in touch with a few mums .

SerenLaw Tue 29-May-18 07:51:13

Hi all, I’ve had the same letters as everyone else and I’ve sent all my documents off weeks ago, I had the txt on the 10th may saying a letter was getting sent and to respond, I’m a nervous wreak it’s making me ill I’ve still heard nothing.

Kittykat60 Tue 29-May-18 08:35:03

Serenlaw,,, did you get the text after you sent everything off ??
How many weeks has everyone been waiting after sending everything off ?? Maybe they don’t reply unless your entitlement changes .

AllStar14 Tue 29-May-18 08:40:16

I'm so glad I found this thread. I posted all mine on Friday, I get so stressed with things like this, worrying that I've been overpaid even though everything is correct.

SerenLaw Tue 29-May-18 08:47:54

This Thursday it would of been 4 weeks since I sent it all off, but I had the txt a week after I sent it. I'm sick to death of it, I have 4 children on two with disabilities I'm so stressed I've had to go on tablets

darcymummy Tue 29-May-18 09:01:15

Hey ladies, I'm going to send off what I can this week and go from there. It's ridiculous they make you wait so long. Some stuff I can't get as far back as April as I have changed halfway through the year. Will have to hope for the best. Where's everyone from by the way? Xx

SerenLaw Tue 29-May-18 09:02:13

I have a feeling when my letter comes they will ask for even more bank statements, I can't take the stress

Fluffyflower57 Tue 29-May-18 09:22:53

Hi darcymummy, I'm from Blackpool. I'm still waiting for a letter from eon been over a week now. Just phoned my caseworker, although he didn't answer (again) they've extended my time by a week. Also I've got a couple of transactions to/from ex from last year.. I'm going to explain this in my evidence. They've only asked for 3 months from last year, but I'm sending the last 3 months aswel. I don't have car/house insurance. This whole situation is making me ill. If they stop my money, I'll be screwed. I could work more hours but I just don't have the childcare.

What are you sending off darcymummy? Xx

Kittykat60 Tue 29-May-18 11:11:02

Omg ! Four weeks n still no reply ,, that’s a disgrace ,,, has anyone tried ringing them to see if they ve even looked at their paperwork ?

SerenLaw Tue 29-May-18 11:59:09

I called twice first time guy was nice second time another bloke had me on the road home for 45 mins asking about my partner etc personal questions I was in an absolute state when I got off the phone

Kittykat60 Tue 29-May-18 13:34:40

Serenlaw ,,, your joking ??
What were they asking you ? I’m sure there’s only so far they can go before it’s an infringement of your privacy

Fluffyflower57 Tue 29-May-18 13:43:23

I've phoned twice now and they not asked me anything like that. I didn't think they'd be able to? Have you sent paperwork serenlaw. God I feel sick, couldn't be bothered with the million and one questions. They just want us to admit we should be in a joint claim, so they can get their money back. If I was to do that, I'd be screwed because my ex doesn't give me anything bar child maintenance.

What sort of questions did he ask you? Xxx

SerenLaw Tue 29-May-18 14:11:55

Asked me how long we were together are any of my children his, does he know it's illegal to use the wrong address on his paperwork etc, it's was a nightmare, I said he's never lived with me due to me ha I guess an autistic daughter who isn't his she screams at night and he can't live like that but he wasn't bothered at all he just said send what u have but u might have to pay back all last year and anything from this year

SerenLaw Tue 29-May-18 14:12:58

Having*

Fluffyflower57 Tue 29-May-18 14:36:13

Omg that's disgusting! How is it even your current boyfriends responsibility!? And say me and my ex didn't get on, but still had his post sent here... How can you physically stop someone doing that? I still have letters for someone called Phil, he moved out 3 and half years ago....how can they police that? My ex comes here to watch my son whilst I go to college in the evenings. He's on shift work, so there's never set days
he's here . Did he say what his name was? Hope you're okay. What is it your sending xxx

Kittykat60 Tue 29-May-18 14:38:18

What do they mean illegal to use wrong address on paperwork serenlaw?? Some people are still in mortgages with ex’s. For sake of the kids , I think that bloke needs to get his facts right , what an utter disgrace doing that you , how can they just say you may need to pay the money back , this is worse than the concentrix stuff a few years ago .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: