Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Help me be strong and stand up for myself regarding dp

(22 Posts)
pugchops Fri 25-May-18 19:43:04

Once a month dp and I have a take away delivered, it's our 'treat' when we have a rare evening to ourselves.

I ordered the take away from the local restaurant (they have there own website) I received the confirmation email.

Fast forward to gone the delivery time ,so I phone the restaurant only to hear a recorded message stating they are closed until June. There was absolutely nothing on their website regarding this.

My partner then said ' no dinner tonight then.' So he said he would go home! (We don't live together) I would have cooked something however there isn't anything I could rustle up because I have been away and my grocery order will arrive tomorrow.

I'm angry because prior to the take away debacle my partner had arrived, barley spoke to me (not completely strange as he often seems to have little in the way of conversation) then promptly went to sleep for 3 hours only to wake up when he heard me telephoning the restaurant.

I'm cross because I feel that he could have offered to drive down the road to the chippy to get us something, I would have offered to do this, but I cannot drive at the moment due to a new medication that I have just started.

Before he left I said that I was upset about the above events and he said 'get a life!' And left.

Am I being petty and over sensitive or did he behave like an arse?

SoyDora Fri 25-May-18 19:45:15

He behaved like an arse.
Why are you with him?

RunRabbitRunRabbit Fri 25-May-18 19:47:22

He is absolutely correct. You should get a life. The hours you spend with him are not a life. Get rid of him and get a life.

senioritabonita Fri 25-May-18 19:48:55

The implication being he came for the food, not to see you? Fuck that. Order yourself a pizza and turn your phone off.

Aprilmightbemynewname Fri 25-May-18 19:50:49

Agree to getting a life.
A one without him in it.

pugchops Fri 25-May-18 19:54:49

There is no point turning my phone off because he won't contact me , even when he is in the wrong.angry

Blueemeraldagain Fri 25-May-18 19:56:09

Is he with you for the free food and sex?

JustbackfromBangkok Fri 25-May-18 19:56:10

Well he is a waste of space and time.

CormoranStrike Fri 25-May-18 20:01:43

He doesn’t sound either dear or a partner at all.

DarkestBeforeDawn Fri 25-May-18 20:07:47

He is being pathetic. Don't back down on this.

MyRelationshipIsWeird Fri 25-May-18 20:13:08

Oh god dump him. Life’s too short to deal with such a man child. He left with the hump because the takeaway wasn’t open?!

My DP would have laughed about it and driven somewhere to pick us up some food or offered to take me out instead, not left in a huff because he hadn’t been fed! Honestly it’s pathetic. The part about coming over and sleeping for 3 hours is shit enough - what exactly was the point of his visit?

Sounds like he’s not really making any effort, so you need to ask yourself why. Sometimes if my DP is tired he’ll have a little nap at mine, but not before a smooch and a chat, bit of TV snuggled up together etc. and certainly not for 3 hours! If he was as rude as yours is, I’d send him home, never mind waiting for him to leave. What do you get out of this relationship?

GrasshopperLane Fri 25-May-18 20:31:04

It's like he's thinking "right she can't give me the food I was expecting so there's no need to stay. "

Agree with what @RunRabbitRunRabbit said, go and get a life that doesn't involve him

mrsshelby44 Fri 25-May-18 20:37:35

He's a cunt. An insensitive cunt at that.

Get a life OP, without him!

DayKay Fri 25-May-18 20:40:21

You don’t need him in your life. He sounds really awful. Please don’t see him again.

robotcartrainhat Fri 25-May-18 20:42:35

yes I think you should get a life.... which doesnt involve that bastard and instead involves someone who actually wants to spend time with you and with whom you enjoy spending time.
What are you actually getting out of this moody mad child? Not takeaway or conversation thats for sure.

specialsubject Fri 25-May-18 20:50:39

is the sex really good enough for this?

UpstartCrow Fri 25-May-18 20:55:13

He hasn't even attained the giddy heights of cocklodger.

Cleanerswin Fri 25-May-18 21:07:32

Please don’t contact him again. I put up with this crap for years. I cringe now. He doesn’t love you, or even care about you. You’ll be grand on your own.

WilburIsSomePig Fri 25-May-18 21:14:54

Don't contact him. Move on, he really is no catch.

senioritabonita Fri 25-May-18 21:37:00

I think the best plan would be to not speak to him for at least a week, maybe 2.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Fri 25-May-18 21:45:58

Week Lifetime.

BlueEyedBengal Fri 25-May-18 21:56:15

Get yourself a new life that doesn't include him. Why are you with someone that doesn't excite your life he seems to want to doss on your sofa waiting to be fead like an old stray cat. Kick him out next time he ends up on your doorstep and refuse to feed him. You deserve to be wined and dined , like any lady wants to be appreciated and wanted. Let this fool go and find another fool to put up with him. Go find your sole mate, he out there somewhere.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: