Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

The worst thing someone has said to you?

(65 Posts)
Whyohwhy65 Fri 25-May-18 19:01:02

I hope you die in your sleep.
From an abusive exp
Also said I had made up the fact that I was sexually abused for years as a child for "attention".

CuppaSarah Fri 25-May-18 19:08:35

Probably when my mum told me she was 'washing her hands of me' why?

Because we were renting her house from her and told her we needed more than two weeks to find another place, I was pregnant and terrified.

The other one is when I was 14 and my mum told me when I asked for some help with something 'well I just feel I've done my bit as a mother now and want to just do my own thing'

ProzacAndWine Fri 25-May-18 19:12:57

My mum asking me if I needed a sharper knife or a hand finishing the job after I came out of the psych ward with scars on my arms.

Frith1975 Fri 25-May-18 19:23:07

Ex boyfriend . “Oh, I’ll get married - when I find the right woman”.

“I won’t be having any children with you - you can’t cope with the ones you’ve got”. (They were 5 and 7 at the time, their easiest and most delightful).

Mum “One of your pupils has died... did you kill them?”

On getting a job in a school, after looking after my own children for years as a lone parent with no help or support whatsoever. “Why’ve you got that job? You’ve never been any good with children”.

On hearing Id split up with boyfriend above - my 2nd ever long term partner “you’ve had so MANY men”

Next boyfriend “I’m not dumping you because my ex wife has moved back in with me. No, I’m leaving you because you’re jealous about it”.

DoubleNegativePanda Fri 25-May-18 19:31:36

When I moved 2000 miles away with my then-husband, from my mom: "When your sister has to get put in a home to be abused and neglected it will be your fault".

My sister has Down Syndrome and requires a lot of care, she's mid to low function and my mom was angry that I wouldn't be there to help anymore. She denies saying this now. But I remember.

papayasareyum Fri 25-May-18 19:56:46

when I first started having sex, aged 18:
“I hope you get AIDS and die”
(my Mum)

KittyLane1 Fri 25-May-18 21:21:15

"If girls like you kept their knickers on, things like this wouldn't happen"
My mum when discussing the CSE and sexual abuse I suffered as a child

Roomba Fri 25-May-18 21:23:48

My ex once came home very drunk at 4am, glared at me, sighed, and said 'Oh god, you're still here. Hasn't a house fallen on you yet?' (a la wicked witch of the east)

We didn't last long after that, even though he had no memory of saying it afterwards!

Mybabystolemysanity Fri 25-May-18 21:25:05

Not going to post what my mum said about me, because it would definitely identify me. I think it's terribly sad that most of the hurtful things here have been said by mothers to their daughters.

I'm making a mental note to remember this thread.

Namechanger1776 Fri 25-May-18 21:25:08

There are so many I can't tell you. But the ones I remember the most:

When I was 8 someone telling me I was the ugliest person they ever saw.

When I was at secondary school being told I was the most hated person in the school.

My ex husband called me a freak

My ex partner told me I used sex as a way to get people to like me.

Also numerous times of being told I'm fat and useless etc

But the one that hurt the most was when my dad asked me why i didn't make an effort like my sisters and if I tried I could be as thin as them. At the time I was a size 12.

MakeTeaNotWar Fri 25-May-18 21:27:28

"You stupid fucking cunt" screamed in my face by my husband about 5 minutes ago. He's driven off somewhere now

rollingonariver Fri 25-May-18 21:30:03

When I was 15 a boy told me I was 'boring'. It doesn't sound that bad but I'm hugely insecure about that kind of thing and I've never forgotten it.

MrsCD67 Fri 25-May-18 21:30:15

Exh 'do you want me to punch you in the fucking face'

ParkheadParadise Fri 25-May-18 21:31:45

@MakeTeaNotWar
Hope your ok.

piefacedClique Fri 25-May-18 21:32:36

When showing my future MIL my wedding dress ideas.... Our Sophie was fat like you and she looked ok in a white wedding dress! Sophie was 4 ft and a fart and a size 22, I’m 5ft6 and an hourglass size 14! Didn’t show her a single other wedding related thing!

Paddingtonthebear Fri 25-May-18 21:34:16

My ex said something along the lines of “at least I’ve got a brother, yours is dead”

It was the beginning of the end. Arsehole.

Glassofredandapackofcrisps Fri 25-May-18 21:36:21

My nana telling me when I was 33 and desperate for a baby, after two miscarriages that I may as well have a hysterectomy as I wasn't having any.

Introducer Fri 25-May-18 21:38:12

Some horrible things said here sad

“Oh, really? Aren’t you worried that she won’t feel like your own baby?”

I was several months pregnant and shared with colleague in a different dept (stupidly) that my pregnancy was known egg donation bitch doesn’t sound much, but I was emotional and very nervous of such fact she said out loud. I felt an unbelievable bond the second dd was put on my chest.

BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Fri 25-May-18 21:38:14

My gran...your just like your dad.

The man who abused me and was responsible for the early death of my mum...

There is a reason I no longer talk to her or half my family for that matter

ineedamoreadultieradult Fri 25-May-18 21:39:48

When I was 15 and really a very sensible and boring teenager my dad called me "a fucking tart" because I had make up on. I have never worn make up since.

VelvetSpoon Fri 25-May-18 21:42:45

This is such a sad thread. flowers for all of you.

Mine were

Ex P calling me a fat ugly lazy cunt no man would ever want. And that if by some miracle I did find someone I'd fuck it up because all I knew was how to make people miserable like me.

Friends also have come out with some corkers - Yes I was much bigger but never as fat as you (she had been an 18; at this point I was a 14 and 6 inches taller but whatever). Same friend also said I was always making a drama of everything ( I was 21, and this was 6 weeks after my mum died v suddenly). Another friend said something similar after my dad died 4 years later. And one who said what a shame it as no one had ever loved me enough to marry me hmm.

Pleased to say I've not spoken to any of them in years.

I've had loads of randoms give me abuse over the years name calling etc but it's only ever the crap from people I actually knew that bothered me.

BadMom75 Fri 25-May-18 21:43:14

My Ex on my 21st Birthday in front of guests ‘ you are the worst shag I’ve ever had’

My Ex ‘ you are a cunty whore , why don’t you spread your legs in payment ‘ when the bailiff turned up one evening.

My ex to a friend ‘ that’s the most maternal I’ve seen her in years’

My mum ‘ your kids are devil kids’

My DP ‘ we weren’t together ‘ - 8 hours after we’d had an argument

ProustianMadeleine Fri 25-May-18 21:44:14

My mother said "You're not beautiful. Shit, you're not even classically pretty, but you are like me, you'll never have problems getting a man's interest". She was a fucking tramp who slept with married men after divorcing my dad. What she said doesn't sound that bad by I knew what she meant.

She also told me that I 'deserved it because I was wilful' every time she hit me as a child and young teen.

She was horrible to me when I got pregnant. In 2009, I had a miscarriage. I kept it to myself at the time as it was quite an early loss. When I got pregnant again, she said "not another one" and I lost my shit entirely.

I endured 3 years of high school with my classmates calling me 'fat' and 'pig nose'.

My ex used to call me (and all women) "split arse". Vile creature.

mineofuselessinformation Fri 25-May-18 21:50:56

'A few more weeks wait won't do them any harm'. Said to me by a gp after I'd received blood results for dc1 that indicated they had a disease that they could die from within four months.
Thank God that I rang around and finally got a hospital clinic receptionist to listen to me and got them tested and treatment started.
I've never forgiven her.

flowertoday Fri 25-May-18 21:52:19

These are all so sad -
At school age 13 - "you know you are so ugly."

Ex boyfriend ( complete tw*t) in pub to a friend. "If you think she is ugly now you should see what she looks like with no clothes on."

🙁

Horrible how you can't forget some things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: