Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

i'm so conflicted about my wedding dress

(204 Posts)
ablemuse Thu 24-May-18 21:17:25

i'm getting married in a matter of months, bought the dress, had fittings, loved it.. only recently I've been looking at it online and in pictures that i've taken of me in it & i really think i hate it.

I could burst into tears at the thought of of absolutely hating it on the day and having no other option. I just don't know what to do about it or if this is maybe just like nerves? I've totally fallen out of love with it!

Please tell me this is normal??

WindyWednesday Thu 24-May-18 21:20:20

Yes, I think it is normal. It’s all part of the pressure. Even if you think you are relaxed, it will appear in random ways.

It’s hard to choose one dress. I chose a dress I liked and felt happy in, it was full of tiny beads embroidered on, in the photos it didn’t show them up, it looked totally plain. Wedding dresses are funny things.

Fluffypinkpyjamas Thu 24-May-18 21:21:29

Sorry to hear that you’re feeling like that OP. What exactly is it you dislike about the dress?

Starlighter Thu 24-May-18 21:22:06

I did the same!! blush I had to buy another dress a month before...

The second dress I loved and I had no regrets.

It’s the most important dress of your life, it has to be right. Talk to the shop, they might be able to sort something out for you. It happens more than you’d think.

GnTforme Thu 24-May-18 21:26:20

Yes, same here. I almost cried during my fitting recently, because I thought I looked completely different. Everything I loved about it had disappeared in my eyes. It was honestly like looking at another dress. I'm hoping this is just a 'thing'.

Bythebeach Thu 24-May-18 21:28:17

Oh dear.... that must feel horrible. Have you time and budget to look for another?

Kittykat93 Thu 24-May-18 21:29:38

I'm about to start shopping for dresses and am so worried about this happening. Do you have enough time to find something else op?

specialsubject Thu 24-May-18 21:29:39

dont wear a dress that you do nt like. the full frilly frock may not be for you, white or off white is hard to look good in.

meghan apparently had loads of flowers on her veil . no one would have seen. dont sweat pointless detail.

artavictorious Thu 24-May-18 21:42:59

if you don't feel comfortable in the dress then I think you should definitely look for something else, although that is easier said than done. It's big business your wedding dress so you should think carefully about it. I'm sure your dress is stunning though.

out of curiosity, do you have a picture of this dress blush am i being cheeky?

ablemuse Thu 24-May-18 21:46:07

When I seen it I thought that it was absolutely stunning and i've thought that during fittings, but i've been looking at it online for a few days and I just don't know if I'm feeling the same.

Maybe the problem is that i've been looking at others and I just find them far more beautiful than my own, but I just don't know anymore.

I definitely don't have the budget for another dress - my parents are actually fitting the bill for it so I feel like i'd be slapping them in the face too. there's just so much politics involved! sad

userofthiswebsite Thu 24-May-18 21:48:30

middle ground - have some amendments made to it?

ablemuse Thu 24-May-18 21:48:55

lol Arta this is it here
dress

my feeling is that it now looks very very structured and stiff and well very large, I feel like i'm going to look massive in it!

I may regret posting that now hmm

amymel2016 Thu 24-May-18 21:50:17

That is beautiful 😍 I absolutely love it OP

Disfordarkchocolate Thu 24-May-18 21:50:45

It's amazing.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 24-May-18 21:51:12

Wow - it’s incredible. Probably one of the nicest I’ve ever seen!!!

OakIsBetterTho Thu 24-May-18 21:51:52

That's an absolutely stunning dress 😍😍😍

ranoutofquinoa Thu 24-May-18 21:52:16

It's super, looks amazing and different.

raspberrycordial Thu 24-May-18 21:52:18

It's beautiful! Can we see a photo of you in it (without identifying yourself)?

smeerf Thu 24-May-18 21:53:03

Oh that is not what I was expecting at all. Absolutely stunning.

butterfly990 Thu 24-May-18 21:53:21

That dress is stunning.

flowers

theladylovescupcakes Thu 24-May-18 21:53:22

Oh my! That is genuinely the most beautiful gown I've ever seen. Totally my type of dress. I'm sure you'll look absolutely stunning in it.

robotcartrainhat Thu 24-May-18 21:53:28

Thats a gorgeous dress!!

Wingbing Thu 24-May-18 21:53:28

Beautiful & classy. Love it!

MyKingdomForBrie Thu 24-May-18 21:53:39

I had this feeling with mine because I lost weight and lost my boobs - a really good Victoria Secret push up bra fixed it in my case! Has anything changed between you choosing and now?

Don’t look at it online as all online pics are unrealistic, if you loved it at the time then you still look as amazing as you thought you did in it - you’re just over thinking. Hair and makeup will help too!

It’s a stunning dress.

Knittedfairies Thu 24-May-18 21:53:53

That is a beautiful dress!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: