Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Let’s talk bubble bath!

(25 Posts)
Anewme2018 Thu 24-May-18 20:55:59

A mother has request bubble bath as a suitable gift ( wanted to give them something ). 6yr old boy and 8 yr girl. I don’t have kids, so no idea what is a good kiddies bubble bath.

It also got me thinking, I wouldn’t mind some nice bubble bath myself. I love baths but use bath wash or shampoo for bubbles. Does any one remember the bath pearls that had oil? I used to love those growing up.

So what bubble bath do you use? And what is a good kiddies one? Thanks!

StealingYourWiFi Thu 24-May-18 20:56:48

For myself I use either Lush bath bombs - butterball or baby bot - not those with glitters, flowers in!

OR

Jo Malone red roses bath oil

ProzacAndWine Thu 24-May-18 20:58:03

I love Lush in all its smells (I know a lot people who aren't fans, though). The bubbles bars are nice, and you can chop them up into smaller bits, so they last for several baths.

Anewme2018 Thu 24-May-18 20:59:02

Ooh that sounds lovely - all of them! I wore Jo Malone when I got married. I will need to have a sniff of the red roses bath oil!

TheGirlWhoLived Thu 24-May-18 20:59:02

I use either e45 junior, child’s farm or paddy’s bathroom bubble bath for dd’s (7 & 4) and for myself, I have a rather unpopular opinion of enjoying a lush bubble bar! Apparently can aggravate and possibly cause thrush in some people (heavily fragranced I suppose) but has never affected me and I love them!

TheGirlWhoLived Thu 24-May-18 20:59:34

Apparently not an unpopular opinion after all grin

Someaddedsugar Thu 24-May-18 20:59:57

Lush used to sell star shaped bubble wands and they were great for kids!

YouBoggleMyMind Thu 24-May-18 21:02:40

Kids: Child's Farm or Matey (ah good memories grin)

Adult: Neal's Yard, Sanctuary, Molton Brown

Anewme2018 Thu 24-May-18 21:03:19

Thanks the girl, I will look for those bubble baths.

Wow Lush is so popular. To be honest I avoid going into Lush / Body shop because of all the smells that hit you when you walk in. I will need to have a look.

Anewme2018 Thu 24-May-18 21:04:32

Ooh never thought of Neals Yard.

PleaseDontGoadTheToad Thu 24-May-18 21:06:29

Another one for the Lush bubble bars.

I also really like The Body Shop's almond milk and honey bath milk and the good old fashioned badedas.

LanguidLobster Thu 24-May-18 21:11:22

I would really say Lush, they will advise an age appropriacy

MissTulipan Thu 24-May-18 21:12:37

Green Radox, cheap, reminds me of childhood and smells great.

For kids, as above, lush bath bombs and body shop as pretty colours, make nice gifts. I wouldn’t put on own kids day to day, but nice as a gift.

HeyMicky Thu 24-May-18 22:09:36

Waitrose ginger and Clementine bath foam is gorgeous (and a bargain)

Anewme2018 Thu 24-May-18 22:26:39

Thank you so much guys, these are awesome recommendations! smile

FreeMantle Thu 24-May-18 22:44:55

I absolutely love the smell of the Champneys purple stuff. Heavenly Days ? I never buy expensive fripperies but this is the exception .

Reminds me of something but not sure what. I buy the Shower gel for bath bubbles as the bubble bath comes in an odd pot that just gets messy.

Busytizzy Thu 24-May-18 22:48:09

Lush have a product called Fun which is like play dough and bubble bath rolled into one!

Vinorosso74 Thu 24-May-18 22:52:00

I've been beaten to it on the suggestion of the Lush play dough and bubble bath in one. It comes in different colours (and smells).
My DD is 8 and loves Lush!

madvixen Thu 24-May-18 23:12:28

I'm a huge fan of Elemis bubble bath. It's not cheap (by any means) but it's my luxury and a bottle lasts me a good few months. The muscle soak one is like radox on speed while the milk bath smells incredible and makes you feel like you're all snuggled up

Anewme2018 Sun 27-May-18 16:50:37

I’m going to Lush in the morning and I have made a list of all your Lush suggestions for the kidlets. I’m also ordering badedas and Elemis milk bath to try.

HildaZelda Sun 27-May-18 16:54:50

Lidl's version of Radox is great, and dirt cheap. I like Sanctuary stuff if I'm splashing out.

greystripedteepee Sun 27-May-18 16:56:47

Can't help but following.

Scoose Sun 27-May-18 17:05:50

I use lush bubble bars or bath bombs for dd or child's farm bubble bath. For me I usually use radox or sanctuary stuff but if I'm
Really pampering myself I use Laura mercier Ambre vanille honey bath it smells Devine!

HolyMountain Sun 27-May-18 18:10:36

I really love Mandara Spa from Sainsburys , all are fab and smell beautiful. My favourite is the Exotic Escape range but I fear Sainsburys are getting rid of it , it was reduced last week and the selection is poorsad. Lovely bath cream that I use in the shower.

Love it.

WindyWednesday Sun 27-May-18 18:20:50

Child’s farm bubble bath is lovely and kind to skin, also has nice pictures on the bottle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: