Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I’ve just stamped my foot and had a temper tantrum because I realised I bought yoghurts that my son will like

(24 Posts)
HoneyDragon Thu 24-May-18 20:05:38

and that’s upset me because I want all the yoghurts.

What illogical toddler worthy tantrums have you had lately?

MorningsEleven Thu 24-May-18 20:09:18

I stamped on chocolate in the loo one Christmas day then cried because it was the WRONG CHOCOLATE! I was pregnant and had just moved house. I was justified.

HoneyDragon Thu 24-May-18 20:11:25

Of course it was. That’s the BEST thing about being an adult; our tantrums are with presently good reason?

And why do you keep chocolate in your bathroom? Should I do this?

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Thu 24-May-18 21:04:17

I cried because both my kids were crying at bath time. I figured if I can't beat them, join them. Also I have a two year old, a newborn and a cold.

boatass Thu 24-May-18 21:04:50

Grow up

HoneyDragon Thu 24-May-18 21:30:23

How grown up do I need to be? Mature and refined or just grown up enough to bitch plop the internet?

cushioncovers Thu 24-May-18 21:39:36

Hide the yogurts behind the broccoli he will never look for them there.

BlueTrousers Thu 24-May-18 21:40:46

Bitch plop grin

Raven88 Thu 24-May-18 21:42:36

I hid in the toilet at work because I was tired and wanted a nap. And I'm sad because my kitten likes DH more.

BlueTrousers Thu 24-May-18 21:43:13

I actually had a frighteningly similar tantrum tonight OP, I bought 2 of each chocolate flavoured yoghurts for the kids - now I can’t have one because it’ll cause arguments when there’s only one left, so I have a shitty healthy strawberry one!
I evened it out by pouring a glass of wine too 🤷🏻‍♀️

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Thu 24-May-18 21:51:49

Just hide them under the veg, in the salad drawer - no self respecting teen will go anywhere near - urghhhhh - vegetables!

My best tantrum was when I found that ds2 had used half the left over roast goose, from Christmas dinner, to make himself a sandwich! I had planned to make a sticky Asian shredded goose dish, with the leftovers, for dinner on the 27th - I had a PLAN for the whole week’s meals - but when I went out to start cooking, there was half the leftover goose gone!

I had the most epic tantrum - dh had to take me into the front room and ply me with gin before I could calm down at all - and then he went through the fridge (which was full of plenty of food - I am never knowingly under catered, and especially not at Christmas), and made a perfectly nice salad and cold meat.

This was three years ago, and all three dses still talk about it, at Christmas.

HoneyDragon Thu 24-May-18 21:59:55

STDG.....he’s obnoxiously skinny and goes through the fridge like a locust. I’m dooooooomed grin

I hate treats that come in even numbers. Sometimes I magnanimously just eat two myself to make it fair wink

HoneyDragon Thu 24-May-18 22:02:05

That’s another illogical tantrum though. Getting mad as the leftovers were eaten as they weren’t really left over. I can see the baffled teen faces in my head whilst you sobbed into your gin grin

Bagadverts Thu 24-May-18 22:06:57

Pinkball next time (or maybe now) you need to even things by eating both the chocolate yoghurts.

MorningsEleven Thu 24-May-18 22:37:25

And why do you keep chocolate in your bathroom? Should I do this?

I took it in there to stamp on it. It was pre-meditated. I still ate it.

My pièce de twattery is crockery throwing. When I'm pushed to my limits, which is frequent - one of my kids is SEN and can't access mainstream education and won't let me go anywhere without her and is a full-time job and gets worse every day - I chuck a plate out of the window like a frisbee. It's so liberating. I spend a fortune at Ikea and a lot of time with a dustpan and brush.

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Fri 25-May-18 13:04:29

How about behind the cleaning products, or under the pack of new loo rolls @HoneyDragon? Would he ever look there? I know mine wouldn't!

Curly Wurlys come in packs of five - I found this out recently.

I am in awe of your maternal martyrdom in eating two snacks, when they come in even numbers - you are an example to us all!

crazylikesundaymorning Fri 25-May-18 13:57:02

I mentioned all the GDPR emails we were getting to DH the other day. He looked at me warily and said 'the last time we talked about data protection you had a meltdown'. I can vaguely remember the row but can't remember what my point was (I'm sure it was very valid and important though). I feel if I have to ask DH what I thought I might lose the moral high ground!

Anyone have any idea why I might have thrown a tantrum over data protection?

BlueCookieMonster Sun 27-May-18 18:38:29

I stamped and whined at my seven year old ds in the shopping centre the other day as he wanted to go into another shop. I. Wanted. To. Go. Home!

Had to give myself a stern talking to about being a grown up.

TitsalinaBumsquat Sun 27-May-18 18:48:27

I love this thread 😁 I had a similar tantrum the other day over some delicious asparagus which DS will never eat, but suddenly he wanted one of my 5 pieces, and then another and another. Fuming.

DeepfriedPizza Mon 28-May-18 16:04:30

I tantrummed yesterday because there was no mayo and I wanted tuna mayo. Dh does the food shopping and didn’t get mayo. I stamped my foot and flounced off saying I wasn’t eating lunch then.

Cineraria Mon 28-May-18 18:33:11

I had an amazingly liberating one a couple of months ago. We had sausage and mash for dinner and I was really looking forward to it. I served everyone and then went to get a sticky highchair toy for DS2 (baby and not yet on solids) to play with. While I was gone DS1 took one of my sausages and when I got back DS2, who I'd just fed while the potatoes were cooking, demanded a feed because he'd seen me so there should be a book in his mouth, and followed it up by throwing up in my mash. I yelled a lot, which both boys thought was hugely entertaining, and threatened to leave home but hid in the spare room instead until DH had got then both fed, medicined and ready for bed. DH was quite sympathetic really, considering how badly I was behaving.

Life has been a lot better since DS2 started on solids and stopped throwing up so much. He doesn't give me a second glance once he has food on his highchair tray now.

mogloveseggs Mon 28-May-18 18:35:28

I had prawn sauce spilt all down me yesterday at work. Had a hissy fit then cried for ten minutes. In my defence its been an awful weekend at work.

wanderings Mon 28-May-18 19:25:36

@crazylikesundaymorning Perhaps it was because some jobsworth had said "I can't tell you that because of the Data Protection Act"?

My dad confessed that he once threw a baby plate on the hard floor with all his might, and that amongst the plastic debris it was just possible to make out the words "shatter resistant". These outbursts were extremely rare though.

My DH went absolutely mad on our wedding day; I didn't witness it, but others did. With barely an hour to go, one of my friends confessed to having forgotten to take some vital food to the reception. My DH ended up fetching it himself (least of all evils; he was the least busy person, and nearest the shops), but he was most put out about having to go to the crowded shops on the hottest Saturday of the year, in his finest and best outfit, and be all sweaty and stressed for our big moment! I had to calm him down over the phone, as well as my friend who had forgotten the food in the first place. Eyewitnesses say my DH was practically hyperventilating with stress in Sainsburys. (He dislikes weddings in general, mutters a lot about how complicated they are for everybody, but he made a lot of effort to help make ours special, did a lot of the dealing with suppliers. Fortunately that was the only thing that went slightly wrong on our big day, and we're still very happy some years on!)

One of mine: the reason for this was not exactly illogical, but maybe my reaction was. I threw a wobbly when the students next door were still talking loudly at 2am after a night out (we could hear the words in our bedroom), half an hour after my DH had gone round to ask them to be quiet. If they'd been in the garden I would have got the hose out and soaked them; but instead I threw something rancid over one of their cars, then screamed literally at the top of my voice through the wall (which frightened our cat sad). Then there was silence! But it took me hours to get to sleep after that, I was so angry and full of adrenalin, and this was just before a long day at work.

And no, we didn't disturb the neighbours on the other side, because our house is semi-detached, not terraced. My DH wrote them a letter, explaining why we were so angry, listing other dates they had disturbed us, and warning them that we had friends among the senior staff at their university (half-true).

Groovee Tue 29-May-18 20:35:51

I must be the only person who throws a wobbler at losing 1lb. Drank 750mls of fluid then a banana and got weighed again and gained 2lbs. 😂😂😂 everyone had a good laugh at me! 😳🙄😳🙄

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: