Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Plans over the weekend?

(4 Posts)
Annamadrigal Thu 24-May-18 12:12:34

What's everyone up to this Bank Holiday weekend? DH has, unusually, no overtime, we have two DCs, 4 and 2, and sadly stony broke. I am really stuck for ideas for some reason. The weather is supposed to be failry pants, and I can't face three days of sitting inside trying to entertain two feral kids.

Please inspire me with your exciting and interesting plans, or reassure me that I'm not the only one stuck with what to do!

metalmum15 Thu 24-May-18 12:14:36

No plans at the moment apart from maybe a cinema trip. I have a teenager who will probably sleep the whole weekend given half a chance. I actually miss the days of having little ones to entertain!

DayKay Thu 24-May-18 12:21:39

My dd is insisting we go on a picnic this weekend so we will if the weather is ok.
We ll bake a cake to take with us or have it for afternoon tea.
Op definitely go out even if the weather is rubbish. Time at home with young kids is usually better when you’ve gen out.
Google free stuff to do with kids in your local area and see what comes up. We often have free activities in the library and outdoor activities in the local country parks.

Annamadrigal Thu 24-May-18 12:25:07

I shouldn't begrudge it/them but left to my own devices I'd buy lots of nice food and books and bed in all weekend blush I feel like with the DCs we have to find something no one really wants to do but keeps them occupied and wears them out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: