Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone around to calm me down pls

(10 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Wed 23-May-18 14:01:57

Found a lump in roof of my mouth it’s been there couple of weeks- getting bigger now.
Stupidly I’ve googled it and I have lots of the causes of mouth cancer and lump too.
Can’t get a doc or Dentist app and now I’m in full on panic mode.
Anyone able to hand hold?
My Dh is suffering with anxiety and best friends both going through marriage trouble so not got anyone I can talk to atm

ajandjjmum Wed 23-May-18 14:03:32

How soon can you see your GP? Is it worth going to the surgery and pleading?

Google is never a good idea, but I'd have done the same. I'm sure it will be nothing serious, but you'll obviously get it checked asap.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 23-May-18 14:31:01

Firstly stay away from Google. It has you thinking youve got a minute to live.
Also of course you can talk to your friend.
I'm sure you're there for there with what she is going through. it has to work both ways.
Can you try and call your GP surgery back and tell them how petrified you are. My Doctors often gives emergency appointments or ones where you have to sit wait but you are seen on that day. You just may wait a few hours.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 23-May-18 14:55:14

Thanks both I’m hoping I might get in tomo if not then fri even if I’ve got to camp out there. Feel like I’m really panicking about this

BeefyCakes Wed 23-May-18 14:58:09

Can you go see a pharmacist? They have training, and see what they say.

Step away from Dr Google, Dr Google is an absolute bastard.

See if you can get an emergency appointment to put your mind at rest.

fantasmasgoria1 Wed 23-May-18 15:17:29

I agree beefy, dr Google is no ones friend! I have diagnosed myself with many things, been to the gp and a relieving explanation has been found each time! I have had quite a few doctors tell me not to look! If you need to what about an urgent care centre?

StaplesCorner Wed 23-May-18 15:26:02

I have health anxiety issues. A few weeks ago I discovered a problem with my gums and when I googled it showed a pre-cancerous condition, photos etc, EXACTLY the same as what I had.

Made emergency dental appointment where he was able to confirm that I had cut myself with an electric toothbrush blush I changed back to a soft manual one and as the dentist predicted, all is now back to normal.

BumpowderSneezeonAndSnot Wed 23-May-18 15:29:03

Dentist is better than Dr for mouth stuff so keep plugging away and explain what you're worried about

And yes, step away from google!!

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 23-May-18 16:44:39

Managed to get a cancelled app today so will see what dr says fingers crossed I’m worrying over nothing

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 23-May-18 16:54:02

Fingers crossed for you and please heaven forbid but If it is something sinister they can work wonders now.
(((((((())))))))))

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: