Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Examples of Outstanding Customer Service

(54 Posts)
AnotherGreatDryingDay Wed 23-May-18 13:39:00

DP & I went out for lunch yesterday.

To finish I asked for a coffee with skim milk.

The waitress said ‘no problem ‘

About 3 minutes later she returned to apologise for the delay but they had sent someone out to get skim milk.

The coffee tasted great

ILikeMyChickenFried Wed 23-May-18 13:44:45

Bravissimo sent me about 4 different sizes of nursing bra when the one I bought didn't fit without charging me for them. They said to return at my leisure as and when I got the chance.

ShowMeTheElf Wed 23-May-18 13:46:49

I ordered a months worth of meat parcel and put a typo in the address (number 30 instead of 20). Got a call from the delivery driver but he was unable to deliver to any address apart from the one on the form.
I rang the company, explained (entirely my fault!) and they resent the order to the correct address with a guaranteed delivery by noon the next day for no additional charge. I was almost weeping with gratitude down the phone.

flakedalmonds Wed 23-May-18 13:52:04

The person at my local train station who took 5 minutes to tell an overexcited small.boy about the trains you could see in the station.

He still remembers that day now.

Jaxhog Wed 23-May-18 13:56:16

In Waitrose yesterday looking at large bags of Kettle crisps on special offer. Only they didn't have any plain crisps. I asked an assistant if they had any in storage, she said no they didn't, but she would give me a free medium sized bag for free, because I missed the special offer. Gob smacked!

Jaxhog Wed 23-May-18 13:57:07

Chiltern Rail a few years ago. I was running for the train and shouted to the driver, please wait for me. He did.

wizzywig Wed 23-May-18 13:58:23

Thank you to luton and birmimgham airport for all the help and support you've given us when going through yr airport

Wellwhatalovelyday Wed 23-May-18 14:01:30

A young waiter who was very kind to my frail mother. Didn’t embarrass her but told me to let him know if we needed any extra help.

A delivery driver who realised that he was probably delivering (unwrapped) Christmas gifts at the same time as my kids were arriving from school, and waited until we had distracted them to deliver.

SneakyGremlins Wed 23-May-18 14:04:57

Do ambulance staff count? They were amazing.

TheNoseyProject Wed 23-May-18 14:06:34

Gtech. Their phone staff are outstanding and anything goes wrong and you’ve got a replacement the next day. Totally hassle free.

TheSpottedZebra Wed 23-May-18 14:11:59

Tesco mobile when I called to cancel my late father's contract. Every other similar call I made was fraught with delays, difficulties, having to repeat myself over and over, form producing and filling.

But Tesco Mobile took barely a couple of minutes and it was all cancelled, no outstanding balance to pay and they told me not need to return the phone. The chap was kind, and human and they will have my business from now on in.

Raven88 Wed 23-May-18 14:23:20

The staff in Tesco are really good with the people I support and they treat them like adults and show respect. They are patient and understanding. They always help us and will offer help with carrying trays etc. It makes a huge difference. (It makes me a little emotional to write that) grin

cjt110 Wed 23-May-18 14:25:27

We took our 3 year old DS away in February. Mentioned to the young lady on the check in desk how he loved planes and said it'd be great if we could get him to meet the Captain - all very much pie eyed and daydreaming about it. She said to ask when we got to the gate as they've done it before.

Lo and behold, she herself was at the gate for boarding, asked the senior air steward and son and husband went inside the cockpit, carrying the load sheet for the pilot.

A week later on our return, late in the evening, we were queuing at customs and she was there, said hello and remembered our son's name.

I wrote to the company - Jet2 by the way - and commended her.

Hoppinggreen Wed 23-May-18 14:27:42

Wagamama last Sunday
Dd ordered the Hirata chicken buns and the had mayo on ( which she won’t eat) . I was trying to get as much of it off as possible and the waiter noticed and came to ask what was wrong.
I explained and he insisted on taking them back and getting some more made.
Not earth shattering but great service

Ghostontoast Wed 23-May-18 14:34:10

Yesterday in Waitrose/John Lewis car park.

A mum had just parked in a mother and baby spot, and the parking attendant was walking by checking the parking tickets and he went and got a ticket from the machine for her (free parking for 2 hours) while she was getting the buggy out of the boot.

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 23-May-18 14:46:58

Caledonian Sleeper. Have travelled on it many times over the last 20 years, and technical difficulties aren't unheard of, but, on the whole, the staff are fab. I generally travel in the seated carriage as I can't afford a bunk (this is relevant).

One time, we were all woken at about 2 in the morning to be told there were signalling problems further south so would be late in to London. However, the train on the other platform would be away first, so we were told to switch trains. It was the end of the university year and I had two large rucksacks with me, plus another couple of bags, and I really wasn't looking forward to dragging everything over the footbridge. I asked if the train would still go to London, and, if so, whether I could just stay on board, as I wasn't bothered what time I'd get there. I was told that was ok. Was woken again ten minutes later to be told that he had prepared a cabin for me so I'd have a more comfortable night, and to leave my bags where they were and he'd bring them down for me. I also got a hot breakfast in the morning, for free!

Another time, more recently, the heating in the seated carriage broke and we were freezing. A guy near me had coat, hat and gloves on and was still shivering. I told one guard but he just dismissed me and despite saying he'd be along soon never turned up. Eventually I, and an older woman, found someone else in the dining cart who let us sit in there for a while, and then found a pair of us an empty room. He also gave out blankets to the others.

Medianoche Wed 23-May-18 14:49:23

Most recently - I went to pick up a trolley in Screwfix and the guy unpacked and assembled it for me so that I could wheel it home instead of carrying it.
Most memorable - one of the managers of the company I’d ordered my daughter’s bike from drove a 60+ mile round trip so that it would arrive in time for her birthday, after the delivery company messed up.

MonumentVal Wed 23-May-18 14:54:07

Branches of Creams who have been faced with my autistic son's reaction to a usual part of a dish not being left off as requested. The one in Woolwich remade a waffle three times, kitchen staff came out to clarify requirements, and the waitstaff couldn't have been better at not making us feel a burden. And didn't charge us for the uneaten ones. Letf a huge tip!

Staff at any cafe who can provide plain bread and plain water without making a whole palaver about it but just confirm what they have and check it's OK. Konak in Leicester, and Strawberry Hill House in West London were lovely recently.

And bus driver who stopped and re-opened the doors as I didn't notice I was missing my stop typing the above!

PodgeBod Wed 23-May-18 15:03:30

Going through the checkout at Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago Firstly I was queuing for self checkout and my 1 and 3 year old were tired and making a fuss. A lovely store assistant opened a checkout for me (and when a couple blatantly tried to step in front of me for it she asked them to wait). Then my 3 year old decided she desperately needed a wee and she called over another assistant who took us to the staff toilets while they kept an eye on my trolley! Absolute stars. They made a very stressful shop a lot easier.

Sidge Wed 23-May-18 15:12:04

I recently ordered a set of fairly cheap and cheerful plastic salad servers from a seller on Amazon.

The package came and it was a salad bowl - not servers!

I emailed them, and they said very sorry, keep the bowl and the servers arrived 2 days later. So nice not to have to prove their error with photos, repeated emails etc. Just quickly and simply sorted out.

The staff in our local Tesco are lovely too - my DD2 is autistic and is OBSESSED with self scanning, but takes ages and puts things in the wrong place and it beeps at us. The lovely ladies hover nearby to reset it with their magic cards, and don't seem to mind the time we take however busy it is. They are so kind and understanding.

ThatsPoker Wed 23-May-18 15:22:58

OVO Energy are so helpful and no waiting on the phone or pressing a million options, you get through a person fast (but energy overpriced - did a switch with them a while back)
Tesco Mobile - so helpful, and always easy to get on the phone easy too.
Good old John Lewis - honoured a price match even though it wasn't on the day I went in to see them.

AgentProvocateur Wed 23-May-18 15:24:01

Seconding Jet2. We’ve been overweight with hold luggage several times, and they’ve never charged us, and they’re just so lovely and chatty. And actually everyone in Glasgow Airport has always been great from years ago, when the DC were small, till now when we fly frequently for work.

CigarsofthePharoahs Wed 23-May-18 15:28:04

Ordered some organza roll from Amazon to decorate the church hall for a friend's wedding. Hermes delivered me a Phillips lady shave - two weeks later than expected.
After a bit of frantic googling I found the direct number for the Amazon supplier and explained the problem, having had no luck with the Amazon complaint system.
Not a problem, I was told. They have a next day courier service and he'd put the items I'd ordered in the van right now and I'd have them by the following morning.
He did and they arrived just in time! Didn't charge me any extra either.
Chancery chair covers is the company.
Hermes found my original parcel eventually and it arrived two weeks after the wedding.

tentative3 Wed 23-May-18 18:28:17

Schuh, yesterday. I'd previously ordered some shoes in my regular size in the sale. They arrived and were too small (and I should have known, I have the same ones in a different colour in the bigger size! Doh). In the meantime they'd sold out in all other sizes.

Did online chat and asked if I could set an email alert in case they came back in stock, couldn't see an option. He asked me which shoes I wanted, found that there were 4 pairs somewhere in the country then phoned every store until he found a pair for me. Took payment over the phone and they'll be delivered on Friday. Outstanding service.

LoudestRoar Wed 23-May-18 19:00:32

British Airways.
Was travelling to see my then (now ex) dp in The States. Was flying Air France, with a stop over in Paris. French baggage handlers were striking. My flight was cancelled, and the queue for customer services was horrendous!
I started crying, as I was so upset, when a lady from BA walked past me, and asked if I was ok. I explained the situation, while blubbing, and she asked me for my Air France ticket, and asked me to wait 5 minutes.
Came back with a boarding pass for a direct flight with BA, no charge! It also got me in earlier than my original flight. It was over 15 years ago, and I've never forgotten Pam.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: