Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What do you like at M&S?

(80 Posts)
crunchymint Wed 23-May-18 13:28:27

Following on from other thread about M&S, what do you like there, or what do they get right?
I love their Percy Pigs, Prawn Bhuna curry, and salad pots.

Lottapianos Wed 23-May-18 13:31:40

Quite a bit actually! Although you have to do a hell of a lot of trawling to get to the good stuff

Bikini style knickers
Tights and wooly socks
Their beauty section - nice make up, lovely unusual perfumes and good shower gel etc
I bought some really lovely red cotton trousers a few weeks ago
Some of their nightwear

MikeUniformMike Wed 23-May-18 13:33:27

Lots of things but the bakery section at yellow sticker time is the best.

Bojangles33 Wed 23-May-18 13:38:04

Their shoes. There are some super old fashioned ones but there are also some reasonably priced nice ones that are comfy, I especially like their summer shoes.

lifechangesforever Wed 23-May-18 13:38:27

FOOD.

HarrietKettleWasHere Wed 23-May-18 13:44:00

The amount of heavily discounted food quality meat I got at yellow stickertime last week.

I bought this dress for a wedding last week and it's v good quality material and looked fab, think it was£75 which is fine for a good occasion dress and it'll last.

ALemonyPea Wed 23-May-18 13:47:49

Bras, most of mine are from there. Likewise with knickers.
Food, especially at Christmas.
They do shoes in half sizes, great for me as I’m a 4.5.

newcupcake Wed 23-May-18 13:55:03

Food ! Lemon and white chocolate shortbreads , prawn cocktail , pork belly bites at Christmas , all of thier gastro pub range is lush I could go on and on grin

BrokeAndBad Wed 23-May-18 13:57:09

Food
Dine in two for £10 makes that Dine for one £10 on this weekend also grin

UtterlyDesperate Wed 23-May-18 13:59:02

Colin the Caterpillar, their old fashioned milk bottle sweets and the range of premium beauty. Everything else has been quite shit for years - stopped buying underwear there at least ten years ago, stopped buying jumpers and cardis at least fifteen years ago, and clothes at least 20 years ago. You can't justify premium prices when you are peddling a second rate product.

twilightcafe Wed 23-May-18 13:59:53

Beauty section
School uniforms
Womens' shoes
Those £39 black 7/8 length trousers
Veggie curries
Naan bread

DonutCone Wed 23-May-18 13:59:53

Food. Especially Percy Pigs. Children's clothes, I get all my school uniform from there as it lasts ages whilst still looking good.

RoseWhiteTips Wed 23-May-18 14:02:27

Opaque black 40 denier tights. £8 for a pack of 3.
Eton Mess dessert

That’s about it.

CheeseTheDay Wed 23-May-18 14:21:45

Balsamic onion Cornish Cruncher cheese
Mojito juice drink
Wensleydale and carrot sandwich

These are my top three M&S gems.

They also do a cracking vegetarian range, and while I generally cook from scratch, I keep a few bits from the range in my freezer, for when I'm feeling lazy.

I only shop there for food.

CheeseTheDay Wed 23-May-18 14:22:44

Oh and how could I forget, they do vegetarian wine gums and fruit pastilles, which is most welcome.

BrazzleDazzleDay Wed 23-May-18 14:28:04

Mini scotch eggs

AngelsWithSilverWings Wed 23-May-18 14:32:53

Half size shoes which are more affordable than Clarks.

Knickers - more comfortable and better choice than at other shops that sell at similar prices.

The ready meals are great.

They do girls wear in nice attractive and age appropriate designs. I have a 9 year old DD and struggle to find affordable stuff that isn't trying to make her look like a teenager M&S usually has something nice.

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Wed 23-May-18 14:39:08

The entire bakery section (pity I'm low carbing!). In fact, pretty much all the food.

The school uniforms.

Chocolatecoffeeaddict Wed 23-May-18 14:43:18

I like the food but only pick up bits now and again as a treat, not a full shop.
I think most of the children's clothes and school uniforms are good quality.
The bras are good quality but I don't like the styles.

minipie Wed 23-May-18 14:45:16

Some of the kids clothes.
Mini pork pies
Maybe accessories? But I might be thinking of John lewis

Andrewofgg Wed 23-May-18 14:47:21

Getting out of the door. They are past their sell-by date.

livvymc Wed 23-May-18 15:00:12

Their salted caramel profiteroles are to die for!

bakingdemon Wed 23-May-18 15:09:22

Thick black tights
Iced mixed spice buns
Chocolate coated honeycomb pieces
There's an amazing pudding which is something like "chocolate cookie dessert" which is basically a huge cookie you heat up which goes all gooey
DH is obsessed with their Posh Dogs, which are really good and large hotdog sausages

PinguPaws Wed 23-May-18 15:13:10

The desserts! Custard Choux is lovely as is the Lemon meringue Pie, they used to do lovely lemon meringue biscuits but they disappeared. The T-Shirt bras were really good, but they seem to have changed in recent years and I just don't find them as fitted and as seamless as they were, they gave a really nice silhouette too, the pants are still OK though. Yellow sticker time is probably the only time I'd get some food there now. The food is waaay overpriced (and honestly not that nice) for the portions you get.

purplecorkheart Wed 23-May-18 15:13:18

I like their macarons. They do a nice beef joint wrapped in parma ham with horseradish and similar in beef parcels. I like the chocolate covered pretzels.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: