Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is this on child's arm? (Photo)

(7 Posts)
Moonraker40 Wed 23-May-18 07:13:39

Hello, this red patch appeared two days ago. It's smooth. Not eczema, not itchy either. I've been putting sudocrem on it with no effect. Does anyone know what it could be? Odd patch of sunburn?

Thank you

Youreadthebabybooks Wed 23-May-18 07:14:08

Looks like a fungal rash

Moonraker40 Wed 23-May-18 07:51:07

Thanks, any their ideas anyone? I'd better make a doc appt as if it's fungal it'll need treatment.

GrinchAnInch Wed 23-May-18 08:28:02

I would try asking a pharmacist before making a doctors appointment as they can help with a range of things and it's quicker and easier too.

Camomila Wed 23-May-18 10:02:18

Looks fungal to me too...sometimes the pharmacist can give stuff without prescription (though I guess depends on age of child and strictness of pharmacist)

Moonraker40 Wed 23-May-18 11:24:16

Thanks all. Amazingly I managed to get an appt before school this morning with the nurse at our local gp surgery. She wasn't confident what it was but said to put some anti fungal and a little eczema cream on it. She thought it could also be an allergic reaction to something he'd touched with his arm. So still non the wiser but if it's not gone in a week she advised to see the go.

Moonraker40 Wed 23-May-18 11:24:48

Gp!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: