Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do you live near Cheltenham hospital?

(20 Posts)
HuntIdeas Tue 22-May-18 22:02:07

If so, can you help this couple fund their car? They can’t remember where they left it when they went for an appointment www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-44209773

HuntIdeas Tue 22-May-18 22:02:32

*find

missyB1 Tue 22-May-18 22:11:36

I saw this on my local news feed earlier. I’ve got a few ideas of streets that match the description they give. I’m surprised the police haven’t found it for them.

CapnCabinet Tue 22-May-18 22:16:36

I just read this (took me ages because the gloucestershirelive site is so bloody awful angry

I really hope they find it soon. I was wondering about the Greenhills Rd / Charlton Lane area, but maybe a driver would be more likely to go towards Montpellier from the hospital?

missyB1 Wed 23-May-18 07:30:33

I was thinking of Keynsham Rd with Sandford park opposite. DH works at the hospital he’s going to keep a look out.

Mrsemcgregor Wed 23-May-18 07:50:58

We drove around looking for it... it’s nowhere to be found!! I live within 1.5 miles of the hospital and look everyday on my travels. It’s possible to be within the new parking permit zone, I wonder if they have called the council to ask if a ticket has been issued?

Mrsemcgregor Wed 23-May-18 07:51:25

*driven around. What appalling grammar!

NorthernLurker Wed 23-May-18 08:05:11

I don't think she should be driving at all.
Also, to apply Sherlock Holmes principles, when you've eliminated the possible whatever is left is the solution, however improbable it seems. If nobody can find the car then that's because it's not there. If it's not there that's because somebody has taken it. I think she either left it unlocked or left one set of keys in it whilst keeping another set with her.

ShatnersWig Wed 23-May-18 08:25:41

I'm with Lurker

There are only so many roads in Cheltenham that sound like the one this woman says she parked in within a 30-minute walk of the hospital and where she wouldn't have had to pay to park. Her comment that she was born in Gloucester and so Cheltenham is foreign to her is ridiculous; it's eight miles away and she's in her 70s.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 23-May-18 08:26:52

It's been found on St George's Road. 😊

Mrsemcgregor Wed 23-May-18 08:29:57

Ah brilliant! Not much park there...

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 23-May-18 08:30:06

What a shame, they must be upset.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 23-May-18 08:30:40

Oh! Missed update! Great!

strongswans Wed 23-May-18 08:32:03

Glad they've found it. Not sure where all the greenery is on St George’s Road though.

ShatnersWig Wed 23-May-18 08:49:42

St George's Road? St George's Road?

There's no sodding park or greenery there. There's also hardly any car parking spaces. There are a few nice houses with drives but what she originally described certainly ain't St George's Road. But when she is "foreign" from Gloucester....

Urbanbeetler Wed 23-May-18 08:52:51

Be kind! Maybe she was a bit stressed by reason for hospital visit. I forget things like that when stressed.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 23-May-18 08:56:39

Do you really think the police should trawl the streets for a car that's only "missing" because the driver can't remember where they've parked it??
I would hope they've better ways of spending their time.

ShatnersWig Wed 23-May-18 09:00:04

Urban I just don't get the story from the outset. She said Cheltenham is "foreign" to her because she was born and lives in Gloucester and generally uses the bus rather than drives there. So why all of a sudden decide to drive? Her partner was going to a consultant appointment, not A&E (which would have been Gloucester Royal, God help him) or an operation. The buses between Cheltenham and Gloucester are pretty bloody good - there are loads that have the hospital as a stop. Then after all that she can't even accurately describe where she parked the car. She shouldn't be driving, clearly.

Mrsemcgregor Wed 23-May-18 09:38:45

I bet she got a ticket though, St George’s road is permit parking now. Unless she parked right up past Waitrose... still no Park/gardens there! The 99 bus would be her best bet in the future, they won’t even have to pay!

ShatnersWig Wed 23-May-18 12:30:56

Local news covering this.

The car has three tickets on it. It was not parked on the street. It was parked in St George's car park. Apparently the whole business about it being on a street with nice houses and a park was because Hilda "was confused by a dream".

I'm starting a campaign to keep Hilda off our roads...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: